What's new

Tech Martian Tech Hunter!

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
Wouldn't jump the gun on that since his damage requires hard execution but yes he has the potential for greatness! I also know that execution barrier shouldn't be counted towards lower tier, but it seems mmh needs a lot of set ups, and set ups gets figured out!
I don't want to jump the gun, I have my fair share of experience in fighting games and you'd have to be an idiot not to see that MMH is AT LEAST top 5 material.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
You can simply walk forward to block his overhead teleport. When you do that, there will be no push back so you can punish with d1 into a combo.

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
damn MMH looks top tier, i hope no one bitches about him like they did scorpion.
imo right now Doomsday can beat him, but Aquaman and Killer Frost can beat pre patch Scorpion, so i hope he isn't OP so people won't bitch about him. And everyone loves MMH :D, he's the most requested DLC.

Minh Giang

not really you can use his martain grab, his teleport (not that good) psionic push all are decent in a way
i forgot his grab, sorry :p. i thought his only good wakeup is his push move. And yeah, teleport wakeup is really bad.

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL
i forgot his grab, sorry :p. i thought his only good wakeup is his push move. And yeah, teleport wakeup is really bad.
yeah his grab is good and the push for people who just keep attacking. well have to wait and see what his weaknesses are maybe a hard time zoning if the otther player keeps moving but thats all i can think of right now

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
He does have a six frame D1 and ways to stop jumps fairly easily so IDK..

Maybe his reliance on meter? Only been in the lab with him so haven't seen how fast he builds meter.
Yeah his defense is great. With trait he has the best anti air in the game(3) and the best air to air(J2). He can basically rush you down from full screen(22, 11).

Im sure he has holes, but his strengths will make up for it in the long run, IMO.

Minh Giang

yeah his grab is good and the push for people who just keep attacking. well have to wait and see what his weaknesses are maybe a hard time zoning if the otther player keeps moving but thats all i can think of right now
no one answer this so i'll have to ask you cuz i can't play the game this week :p . Can you test this: do his stretchy limbs (long arms/legs moves when he actives his trait) have hurtboxes??? Try to punish it with a fast armored move or Black Adam's orbs/trait. Someone said that those long moves don't have hurtboxes and can't be punished, but i don't believe it, they really look like Dhalsim's moves. Right now i think Doomsday can beat MMH but if his stretchy limbs can be punished, DD will rape him lol.

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL
no one answer this so i'll have to ask you cuz i can't play the game this week :p . Can you test this: do his stretchy limbs (long arms/legs moves when he actives his trait) have hurtboxes??? Try to punish it with a fast armored move or Black Adam's orbs/trait. Someone said that those long moves don't have hurtboxes and can't be punished, but i don't believe it, they really look like Dhalsim's moves. Right now i think Doomsday can beat MMH but if his stretchy limbs can be punished, DD will rape him lol.
i dont think they have a hit box that would be pointless using it then

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
1) He has a fairly mediocre damage output

2) He seems fairly to even heavily meter dependent

3) His regular (upward) teleport is highly punishable on block and his downward one is fairly slow and easily avoidable if properly read.

4) His combos seem to require a fairly high level of skill to execute consistently

5) He seems like a fairly technical character who will require a lot of work to play at a high level and properly maximize his potential

6) Potentially mediocre Wake-up game. (I have to play with his push move more)

My guess is he could struggle with heavily rushdown-oriented characters.

I think he's really good. He has a plethora of tools, setups, and gimmicks and will likely be a very frustrating character to go up against at an intermediate to high level of play. However, I definitely don't see any evidence of him being OP.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
ITT: Everyone forgets about pushblocking.

It's all the defense MMH needs against Rushdown. Pushblock and throw an orb out. Space control game established. Done.
True, but pushblocking requires meter and MMH is already a meter-dependent character. Pushblocking is awesome and criminally underused, but it isn't an end all be all solution.

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL
1) He has a fairly mediocre damage output

2) He seems fairly to even heavily meter dependent

3) His regular (upward) teleport is highly punishable on block and his downward one is fairly slow and easily avoidable if properly read.

4) His combos seem to require a fairly high level of skill to execute consistently

5) He seems like a fairly technical character who will require a lot of work to play at a high level and properly maximize his potential

6) Potentially mediocre Wake-up game. (I have to play with his push move more)

My guess is he could struggle with heavily rushdown-oriented characters.

I think he's really good. He has a plethora of tools, setups, and gimmicks and will likely be a very frustrating character to go up against at an intermediate to high level of play. However, I definitely don't see any evidence of him being OP.
he can do 45%+ mid screen with 1 bar. no one will use his teleport unless its his overhead one out of a combo unless they want to eat 40%. i dont see him getting rushed down with his trait and specials he has he can MB and orb so they cant come close, trait up and use 3, 222 etc and the fact he is hard to use doesnt make him bad IMO

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Update: You can do safe fifty/fifty pressure
by just doing b1 into mb close orb as well as b2 mb close orb.. I put lex on corp reversal and sometimes i will win or at the veryleast trade between the strings and orb, but its completelys safe.
So now pressure can look like ji2 22 mb close orb, b3, either b1 or b2 mbclose orb for fifty fifty.

for he overhead you can only get like 24% and the low like 35%

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
he can do 45%+ mid screen with 1 bar. no one will use his teleport unless its his overhead one out of a combo unless they want to eat 40%. i dont see him getting rushed down with his trait and specials he has he can MB and orb so they cant come close, trait up and use 3, 222 etc and the fact he is hard to use doesnt make him bad IMO
I totally agree with most of this. I think he's going to be really fuckin good. I'm just saying I don't think he's OP or anything.

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL
Im sure people know about this but if you meter burn Alien Pillar (DB2) it tracks the opponent and hits them even at maximum jump hight meaning if they jump for an interactable you can do this then teleport to get a full combo. I have only used this on Wacthtower but im sure it works on every stage

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL
I totally agree with most of this. I think he's going to be really fuckin good. I'm just saying I don't think he's OP or anything.
yeah far from OP only time will tell what his real weaknesses are but im sure more strengths will be found also :p

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
its definitely a cross up, if you check the video you can see my input when i block it at the end.

but if they get worried about the cross up im sure you can mix it up with some full screen options or the normal teleport albeit unsafe

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I know MMH suffers against armor somewhat, since most of his starters require somewhat of a clean hit and its hard to get in on a defensive opponent, let alone one that is rushing you down and doesn't care about your wake-up attacks.