What's new

Martian Manhunter My honest thoughts

You guys agree?

• Total voters

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
So a character with a free 50/50 after each knockdown, free interactable after almost every combo, gets 40% damage into either a free interactable or 50/50, has some of the best zoning in the game, builds meter 24/7, has one of the best wakeups in the game, has a j1 that can be very ambiguous and is +21, he doesn't have a bad matchup, he has a Martian grab that almost nobody punishes, and on most characters he gets a free trait stand 3. If you compare him to any other character in this game nobody's close, and that's why mmh is going to win evo and mlg. Jupiter was nothing before he mained mmh, he used a superman that just sat back and shot lazer a all day lol. I don't think any character that isn't considered top 10 has won a major since NEC. Pretty sad
What MMH are u losing to

oP Twist

Unknown Nightwing
I agree with reo about orbs vs teleport. His teleport is safe yes but his orbs are much better. I'm not a fan of doing that many orb set ups even though I do know most of them(i hope) and there is a lot opportunities on knockdown from them. They are great for creating space, they can be used in almost every situation. Mix that with the MB version / trait 3 / pillars / meteor / and MMH in certain MUs can make it extremely difficult for someone to get it. His teleport leads to big damage but it puts me at a position where I usually don't want to be with MMH.
I love it how u hardly talk about his rushdown, is that a form of downplaying?:DOGE

I agree with REO about the orbs. Since I don't believe they will patch the game and only hotfix, there is only one thing I can think of that would make MMH a bit more fair without killing him. When he gets hit, the orbs on the screen disappear. That actually may take a patch though now that I think about it.

BUT.. I have been in the FGC from the very birth of the arcade fighter and to call so many of MMH's tools "broken" is actually false. TBH, almost nothing that is considered "broken" in this game is actually broken. Only broken thing about MMH is how he uses interactables. He gets a guaranteed OH Teleport mix up from hitting you with an UNBLOCKABLE object. The interactable itself will do between 16-22%, then you have to take the safe mix up which leads to a 40% combo. Too add insult to injury, when near an interactable MMH can hit you with a 40% combo ending in MB Phase charge, giving him the interactable guaranteed. The interactable gives a hard knockdown and grants an OH Teleport cross up mix up for another 40% combo if you guess wrong.

That one scenario is probably the ONLY actual thing that is broken. The rest of his tools are just really powerful/over powered. However, being OP doesn't make you broken, it just makes you a really good character.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The main problem here is not many people play MMH. Back then you had a TON of players using Kabal. There was Erik Warda, Miachaelangelo, Kevo, Me, Detroit, Curbo, Dab, Cat, Lulzlou, K7, Perfect Legend, etc. etc.

How many players do you have maining MMH in the American scene today? Jupiter, me, and uhh... Krayzie (who didn't start too long ago)? There's a huge difference in representation for MMH than there was for Kabal.
I hear you. I think the difference is that Kabal wasn't a DLC character. The first wave of guys (like warda, Tony and Mike) ended earlier on. It wasn't until the second wave when guys like Lulz/Pl/Dab joined the gang, and that was around summer 2012 (this time we're approaching now in IGAU).

Compare that to Kenshi who was DLC and barely saw any consistent top-player action until Pig finally gave up Mileena after Anaheim.

If MMH was available Day 1, rather than being the very last DLC, I imagine he'd have a bigger following by now.

oP Twist

Unknown Nightwing
What MMH are u losing to
I hardly play against mmh and it's like paradise knowing that I don't have to worry about playing his game, instead on most characters I can play how I want like use both stances against mmh I can't, and can reo or Jupiter make a 30 second block string with mmh I feel like its possible. I played against Jupiter and shazzyamm

Pig Of The Hut

I hear you. I think the difference is that Kabal wasn't a DLC character. The first wave of guys (like warda, Tony and Mike) ended earlier on. It wasn't until the second wave when guys like Lulz/Pl/Dab joined the gang, and that was around summer 2012 (this time we're approaching now in IGAU).

Compare that to Kenshi who was DLC and barely saw any consistent top-player action until Pig finally gave up Mileena after Anaheim.

If MMH was available Day 1, rather than being the very last DLC, I imagine he'd have a bigger following by now.
After Anaheim ?

Wtf? Try oct '11 fool

Pig Of The Hut

I hardly play against mmh and it's like paradise knowing that I don't have to worry about playing his game, instead on most characters I can play how I want like use both stances against mmh I can't, and can reo or Jupiter make a 30 second block string with mmh I feel like its possible. I played against Jupiter and shazzyamm
You play NW?

Dude stop complaining that MU is even

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Kombat Houston was worse than the break and also WNF, I don't consider that a major. And yes supes is top 10 along with batman more characters are top 10 than u might think lol
I never said KH was a major, just pointing out that character diversity is alive and well. Of the what, 4-5 majors we've had since NEC, they've all been won by different characters.

Also I think there are exactly 10 characters in the top 10. I am not surprised at all tbh. If Sm is in the top 10 ( I personally believe he is) then he's near the end. A game where potentially 12 different characters could win on any given day definitely demonstrates character diversity. Your statement was rife with exaggeration and sentationalism.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
After Anaheim ?

Wtf? Try oct '11 fool
Lol naw man, we kept telling you to put Mileena down and you kept picking her up late in the key moments of tournaments and dying by the sword, until finally in mid 2012 you received a new boost of courage and truly embraced the life of the blindfold.

At that moment other members of the common people began to see the light

Pig Of The Hut

Lol naw man, we kept telling you to put Mileena down and you kept picking her up late in the key moments of tournaments and dying by the sword, until finally in 2012 you received a new boost of courage and truly embraced the life of the blindfold.
I kept using her for MUs I hadn't yet fleshed out yet like kabal Lao reptile cyrax

oP Twist

Unknown Nightwing
B
You play NW?

Dude stop complaining that MU is even
believe me when he backdashes after every teleport and he gets a free interactable every game unless if it's batcave because in staff it's too slow.I find it funny because people say NW can 5-5 mmh , but I think it's because people play Jupiter and he can agree that he as a person sucks against NW. I do better against Jupiter than I do against mmh's that actually understand NW and know what's unsafe and is safe. Offline I'd definetly call it 5-5 but online I think it's another story because post teleport it's a guessing game for NW

Pig Of The Hut

B

believe me when he backdashes after every teleport and he gets a free interactable every game unless if it's batcave because in staff it's too slow.I find it funny because people say NW can 5-5 mmh , but I think it's because people play Jupiter and he can agree that he as a person sucks against NW. I do better against Jupiter than I do against mmh's that actually understand NW and know what's unsafe and is safe. Offline I'd definetly call it 5-5 but online I think it's another story because post teleport it's a guessing game for NW
What MMH players beat ur NW and do better vs u than Jupiter

Last edited:

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
I just picked this game back up again and I only did because of batman. I dont like every other style but him, most chars feel stiff so Im sticking with batman. Just wish they nerf MMH just a bit, nothing drastic, just make him less scrubby.

I dont mind him getting full combos of random teleports and all this cross-up nonsense but at least make it punishable on block pls NRS?