What's new

Make the Ice Clone a gear move

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Do you really think ice clone would be such an issue considering the mobility a lot of characters have in injustice?

Now seriously. I will take Him at the way He gets in the game. I just hope to him not to be Low tier again. as He really is in MK9 And MKX.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I genuinely think the klone wouldn't be that good in this game. Idk if it's like the MKX klone and eats projectiles it won't stay on the screen for long. If it's like MK9 klone characters will just zone Sub. Or NRS could do something totally different and surprise me, they've done that a lot in INJ 2.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
But it's his signature move and hes a guest character, its whats recognisable as sub. Imagine if they put scorpion in but didnt give him a spear? It wouldnt feel like scorpion.
That's the whole point, the Clone would still be in the game. It just wouldn't be there to make SZ a horribly unbalanced character competitively. Cryomancer was played competitively, nobody was like "oh dear god he has no clone this just feels so terribly wrong", people were like, cool, someone not using Clone Zero. His clone will be there.

God Confirm

If he doesn't have it, give him meterless Parry freeze on hit which also anti airs. He needs a defensive option in his base set. You still need to spend meter on ice balls to combo extend but Spending meter on a Parry which doesn't combo extend is kinda meh.

Would that be unfair though considering best he will get is a set up? I don't know.

Clone or Parry. One needs to stay.
i agree, I think SZ should have strong defensive options, without having the Clone. He definitely needs a parry (a much better one than Unbreakables ~_~), ice puddle, and just great defensive buttons (like his D4 in MKX, but as his D1 and maybe faster) and a good wake up etc imo. If he doesn't have Clone they can have a lot more freedom in character design. That's just speculation on how to approach NoCloneZero, I don't care how they do it really I trust NRS to do him justice.

Last edited:

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I only hope that they will let Sub to recharge automatically his traits with the meterless special moves, like in MKX. Not like Capn Cold's.

I'll be disappointed if the Ice Clone isn't in Sub-Zero's standard moveset. In a game of zoners the clone would be a great defensive tool, assuming it soaks one or more projectile hits like MKX. The Slide could be a decent gap-closing tool but I doubt it will be safe enough to be viable in that capacity.

The Ice Clone is one of the most iconic and unique moves in fighting games and it could have some very useful benefits here in Injustice 2 if used creatively. No, it shouldn't be relegated to a Gear Ability. It should however be reconsidered and updated to fit the needs of this game.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Unless gear makes him actually look like sub zero and not an igau emo scorpion rip off... then I don't care what you do to him.

Give him zero specials for all I care.

THAT IS NOT SUB ZERO.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Let's discuss of which possible inputs would be the special moves when Sub gets released. Consider it just a prophecy or something along the way, just like how we do this before every huge event. So don't kill me. This just shows how I love Sub Zero himself.

BF3 - Slide (MB - Slide and Stalagmites similar to Cyber Sub's)
DB3 - Diagonal Iceball (MB - Diagonal Ice Beam similar to Cyber Sub's)
DF3 - Horizontal Iceball (works in Air, too) (MB - Ice Beam similar to Cyber Sub's)
DB1 - Burst (works for Ice Shatter, too) (MB - Frost Bomb that juggles the opponent high)
DF1 - Ice Floor (MB - Ice Trap)
BF1 - Ice Klone Toss (MB - Frozen Opponent Toss)
DF2 - Ice Hammer (MB - EX Ice Hammer)
DB2 - Ice Klone (MB - EX Ice Klone)

D4 - Aura (1lvl)
B4 - Polar Blast (3lvl) - Freezes the opponent in full screen distance.
F4 - Ice Stalagmite - Stabs and temporary stuns the opponent.

Last edited:
Let's discuss of which possible inputs would be the special moves, if Sub gets released. Consider it just a prophecy or something along the way, just like how we do this before every huge event. So don't kill me. This just shows how I love Sub Zero himself.

BF3 - Slide (MB - Slide and Stalagmites similar to Cyber Sub's)
DB3 - Diagonal Iceball (MB - Diagonal Ice Beam similar to Cyber Sub's)
DF3 - Horizontal Iceball (works in Air, too) (MB - Ice Beam similar to Cyber Sub's)
DB1 - Burst (works for Ice Shatter, too) (MB - Frost Bomb that juggles the opponent high)
DF1 - Ice Floor (MB - Ice Trap)
BF1 - Ice Klone Toss (MB - Frozen Opponent Toss)
DF2 - Ice Hammer (MB - EX Ice Hammer)
DB2 - Ice Klone (MB - EX Ice Klone)

D4 - Aura (1lvl)
B4 - Polar Blast (3lvl) - Freezes the opponent in full screen distance.
F4 - Ice Stalagmite - Stabs and temporary stuns the opponent.
What you mean "If Sub gets released?" He's in the upcoming DLC Pack.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I want my Noob Saibot Trait projectile dream to happen.
Or give him a Trait like Raven's when he can only throw them out during activation.

If he's Bi-Han (which it would make immense sense for him to be), I am almost certain he'll have such a gimmick.
I was a Sub-Zero in MK9 and Cryomancer in MKX. I wanna have Sub without the usual fare of the Clone.
If you could have Thunder God/MoS Raiden in MKX without his Teleport, Sub can live without it if he's crossing stories.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Trait will probably be a buff to his ice moves. I'd like to see them do something more creative than ice clone trait or regular move. Like have ice aura he can MB to jump out and leave an ice clone.

Whatever they do with him it will probably be interesting

God Confirm

I want my Noob Saibot Trait projectile dream to happen.
Or give him a Trait like Raven's when he can only throw them out during activation.

If he's Bi-Han (which it would make immense sense for him to be), I am almost certain he'll have such a gimmick.
I was a Sub-Zero in MK9 and Cryomancer in MKX. I wanna have Sub without the usual fare of the Clone.
If you could have Thunder God/MoS Raiden in MKX without his Teleport, Sub can live without it if he's crossing stories.
I was seriously hoping it was Bi-Han which would make sense to me as well, especially considering his new design... but unfortunately, NRS have confirmed it to be Kuai Liang :(

I'll be disappointed if the Ice Clone isn't in Sub-Zero's standard moveset. In a game of zoners the clone would be a great defensive tool, assuming it soaks one or more projectile hits like MKX. The Slide could be a decent gap-closing tool but I doubt it will be safe enough to be viable in that capacity.

The Ice Clone is one of the most iconic and unique moves in fighting games and it could have some very useful benefits here in Injustice 2 if used creatively. No, it shouldn't be relegated to a Gear Ability. It should however be reconsidered and updated to fit the needs of this game.

but... this isn't a game of zoners. It's a game of zoning, rushdown, and footsies characters, and the archetypes are well balanced in terms of representation throughout the cast. While Ice Clone might be fine against a zoner, it would be absolutely dominant against characters like Catwoman, Canary, Flash, Cheetah, etc. So with that in mind, the character of Sub Zero himself would HAVE to have crappier buttons, pressure and damage in general than most to help offset the dominance of Clone in these match ups, which leaves him as just an underpowered character in the match ups where Clone does very little/nothing at all, and would leave him getting equally as wrecked by characters like Black Adam, Aquaman, Ivy, etc. This is exactly what happened in MKX, and MK9.

The people posting "but the clone will be fine against zoning!" I'm convinced have only read as far as the title. Yes, the zoners will be able to deal with it, some easily as hell too - that's EXACTLY the point.