What's new

Make the Ice Clone a gear move

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
As the title says. Fuck having another game with this Clone in it in competitive mode. I know a lot of Sub Zero players even would rather a real character who doesn't have to have the rest of his shit mellowed out to compensate for the dominance of the clone. There is so much that can be done with this character, lets be a bit creative this time around please NRS especially since it's a new look for SZ. Bam, we avoid having a character with some inevitably slanted match up chart, Black Canary Flash and Catwoman get to live, and SZ will still have his iconic Ice Clone available of course, just in gear mode. Everyone's happy. Thank me later.

God Confirm

right tanno listen u p

1.) SZ was my first MK main, and one of my favorite mk characters.

2.) i, along with many other sz fans, want his design not to be focused around the linear gameplay of clone when there is so many other moves hes had before and so much more potential as well. Nobody needs another 2 years of boring ass CloneZero AGAIN nor do we want to suffer through the retardedly lopsided match up chart that results.

3.) I have M.D. on ignore

@Dankster Morgan

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

lol.

Another one from the band of M.D. and the Sub Zero Haters.

He's an Ice Ninja. He doesn't need the gear to make the Ice Klone. I want his Ice Klone as the basic special move.
Based off of NRS logic, yes, he could possibly need to use a gear slot in order to have his Ice Klone.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
right tanno listen u p

1.) SZ was my first MK main, and one of my favorite mk characters.

2.) i, along with many other sz fans, want his design not to be focused around the linear gameplay of clone when there is so many other moves hes had before and so much more potential as well. Nobody needs another 2 years of boring ass CloneZero AGAIN nor do we want to suffer through the retardedly lopsided match up chart that results.
:eek:

I'm surprised that you're a long time SZ main, just like me.

I'd love to see Bi Han's and Kuai Liang's powers combined into Sub Zero. However, let's wait till we see which powers will he inherit in I2.

Give him Cryomancer prepatch damage and Polar puncture again plis. I calculate 47% of damage midscreen for one bar and, 35% one bar from the command grab if the damage he had still were the pre patch one. Drool.:DOGE

God Confirm

Give him Cryomancer prepatch damage and Polar puncture again plis. I calculate 47% of damage midscreen for one bar and, 35% one bar from the command grab if the damage he had still were the pre patch one. Drool.:DOGE
cryomancer would be a beast in this game if he was a direct port. Also he'd finally get his D1 into fullcombo like that dumbass was asking for last year

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
cryomancer would be a beast in this game if he was a direct port. Also he'd finally get his D1 into fullcombo like that dumbass was asking for last year
I would love last year's F42T implemented in there. I have had a hard time getting used with this new PP. This one would be a bomb against his "worthy" opponents. :DOGE

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Not sure about this one.

People are thinking too much about how Ice Clone entwined with the MKX meta I think. They could easily tweak some of clone's properties for this game, maybe it won't resist any projectiles, maybe it won't count as a hit whilst being armoured through, etc.

There's also been a few other games where he's been mid tier or worse WITH clone.

I still maintain that IJ2 Sub looks to be more of a fleshed out Cryomancer going by what was teased in the trailer so I personally doubt Clone will be a standard move anyway but I don't think it's wise to straight up call doom and gloom when we have no disclosed information about his gameplay yet.

Besides, if Clone IS a standard move, that means 2 more years of M.D. memes. Who would argue against that?!

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
At first I thought "obviously Sub needs to have the klone". But then I thought about MKX Sub. That character taught me absolutely nothing. I learned nothing from running through a Jax, and I learned nothing from getting piped by D'Vorah. I never actually learned how to play MKX, I only learned how to play Sub.

Instead of making the base character suck to compensate for the klone, they could do soooooooo many creative things with Sub's powers. Him being shown with the dual swords in every piece of his INJ 2 promotion so far is promising. The only thing I'll miss is M.D. but his Aquaman raging will be worthwhile.

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
So we can a character with a bunch of cheesy 7-3's and then gets raped 2-8 by some characters so he community can be totally intollerable again.

I look forward to using black magic on every single clone
in a game full of zoners and characters with air dashes, whats the problem?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
The klone would hurt him in this game imo. In MK9, most people think that was the better version of the klone, but the character still sucked ass. In MKX, blow me up, I don't care, but even in the last version, Sub was NOT a top ten character, he was arguably middle of the road(Sub as a character, not Grandmaster as a variation).

If there was no klone, the base tools of the character could have actually been good. With no klone he might have actually usable staggers, fast normals, a quicker iceball, an anti-air, zoning tools, and range. I honestly think that both the MKX Sub and MK9 Sub wouldn't be very good in this game.

Iv always played Sub because I love the character, some people do just play him because of the klone and him being potato af. I honestly think this would benefit the character. I genuinely don't know what the could do the klone without having to make the base character buns.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
In this game, he might need the clone. I mean with all three variations combined he'll probably be have half the corner game Captain Cold has so might as well let him rock.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Yes, please. I'd like to see them use the chance to make Sub-Zero do some WILD stuff in this game instead of copy+pasing him from MKX.

He's fighting superheroes, go nuts!

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
In this game, he might need the clone. I mean with all three variations combined he'll probably be have half the corner game Captain Cold has so might as well let him rock.
But what if this Sub was never based around corner setplay to begin with? They could do so many things with him.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
But what if this Sub was never based around corner setplay to begin with? They could do so many things with him.
But wouldn't it be weird? Sub with no clone? lol. I guess you are right though. In theory he could have infinite possibilities with his powers for his moveset so I they could go the "spice it up" route.