What's new

Make the Ice Clone a gear move

South

I'd rather SHOW than TELL ~ Poison Ivy
I like that, if the clone is in his base moveset that sounds creative
I thinks it makes it balanced also to we're in the corner he has to rely on sum other than clone as well but when he has trait he can possibly have best corner setups...

TRVP6GXD

Noob
As the title says. Fuck having another game with this Clone in it in competitive mode. I know a lot of Sub Zero players even would rather a real character who doesn't have to have the rest of his shit mellowed out to compensate for the dominance of the clone. There is so much that can be done with this character, lets be a bit creative this time around please NRS especially since it's a new look for SZ. Bam, we avoid having a character with some inevitably slanted match up chart, Black Canary Flash and Catwoman get to live, and SZ will still have his iconic Ice Clone available of course, just in gear mode. Everyone's happy. Thank me later.
I agree, that move was cancer. Like put it in, but just make it a gear move. I honestly hope he plays like Cryomancer tbh.

SwagMountains

Yes we Kahn
Definitely confused as to why you would want to make a character less unique. I understand the frustrations of playing that character because I did in mkx as well, but making him bland isn't the solution. If you want to play a character with fast far reaching normals, plus frames, anti-airs, zoning and damage just play aquaman and beg for a parka skin.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Definitely confused as to why you would want to make a character less unique. I understand the frustrations of playing that character because I did in mkx as well, but making him bland isn't the solution. If you want to play a character with fast far reaching normals, plus frames, anti-airs, zoning and damage just play aquaman and beg for a parka skin.
We are just tired of having a shit base character to compensate for the klone. In MKX Sub can't play neutral without the klone, it's super frustrating. NRS totally backed themselves into a corner with MKX Sub imo because if he had a good klone-less neutral Grandmaster would dominate the cast, so they had to dumb his base moves down. But because of that any matchup where the klone was useless he got absolutely piped, and on some characters he just ran them into the ground if they didn't have a meterless option for klone. I can definitely see Injustice being a repeat of that, it's just tiring. It burned me out on MKX.

I do like the ice klone as an idea though, the trapping abilities were a lot of fun. I'm not against the klone being in because NRS has done a really good job making characters fun and unique in this game so I trust them with whatever they want to do with Sub.

exisTenz

Noob
I can't wait to see what NRS actually come up with and really hope they do a good job. Like I already said I don't mind Sub not having the clone if he has a good neutral for a change. I do have a feeling he might have it as a trait, and if it has a fair cool down, I believe he still deserves to have a good neutral and other good tools so he doesn't depend on the clone that much.

PS. Just release Sub next pls xD

At first I thought "obviously Sub needs to have the klone". But then I thought about MKX Sub. That character taught me absolutely nothing. I learned nothing from running through a Jax, and I learned nothing from getting piped by D'Vorah. I never actually learned how to play MKX, I only learned how to play Sub.

Instead of making the base character suck to compensate for the klone, they could do soooooooo many creative things with Sub's powers. Him being shown with the dual swords in every piece of his INJ 2 promotion so far is promising. The only thing I'll miss is M.D. but his Aquaman raging will be worthwhile.
Go damn I couldn't of said it better myself. I love Sub as much as the next MK fan but I literally learned nothing playing as him. As soon as I dropped him I learned so much more.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Go damn I couldn't of said it better myself. I love Sub as much as the next MK fan but I literally learned nothing playing as him. As soon as I dropped him I learned so much more.
I could never drop him since he's the only MK character I feel connected to, whereas in Injustice I like a billion DC characters so I can play whoever I want to.

SwagMountains

Yes we Kahn
Again, I understand that it was frustrating to have a character balanced around a really dominant facet of their gameplay, but that's why I played him tbh. If everyone had the exact same kit, frame data, hitboxes and damage the game wouldn't be engaging at all. On paper, the whole point of having different characters is to allow people to have a variety of playstyles that fit within the umbrella of balance in that game. Characters have specials with invincibility frames in this one, so i'm sure the klone will be a little less polarizing than in previous iterations of sub-zero.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Let us make a trait. Shall we?.
Sub Zero trait name: @M.D. friend.
level 1 ice Klone (This is called: @M.D. pleasant memories).
level 2 ice Klone chases you and freeze You (unblockable) (This is called: I'm looking for @M.D.).
Level 3 ice Klone chases you and shatters itself into a shatter combo (unblockable) (This is callled: @M.D. love).
LOL!

Or you could make something along the funny trait names, like the "Look that Knee" trolling name towards Tom Brady. lol

Honestly, as long as Ice Ball and Slide are in, the other features are irrelevant at this time. Though I urge NRS to include his Ice teleport which was found in MK: Armageddon and once again in MK vs. DCU.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Again, I understand that it was frustrating to have a character balanced around a really dominant facet of their gameplay, but that's why I played him tbh. If everyone had the exact same kit, frame data, hitboxes and damage the game wouldn't be engaging at all. On paper, the whole point of having different characters is to allow people to have a variety of playstyles that fit within the umbrella of balance in that game. Characters have specials with invincibility frames in this one, so i'm sure the klone will be a little less polarizing than in previous iterations of sub-zero.
That's the opposite of what I'm asking for. I asked NRS to get extra creative because the powers of this character are almost limitless. His ice powers give him the capability to do shit like phase port like Smoke can, make Bombs like Cyrax can, and create practically any sort of construct similar to how Green Lantern can, and thats just scratching the surface. Instead we just get a character with no tools except Clone because once you give a character that, you can't tack on much else without breaking it in fact you have to remove things and give him subpar options elsewhere. There is absolutely no reason this character needs clone to have a creative playstyle, and those words are hard to say because as agreed by many SZ players already, his playstyle with Clone probably the least creative shit ever, he's about as flowchart as you could get in MKX and he's forced to be that one dimensional by the clone.

Also, I'm unconvinced that invicible wake-ups will do anything to stop polarizing match ups and certainly not more so than 2hitting armor. Characters like Canary, Brainiac, Cyborg, Harley, Ivy, etc will still just be forced to hold the Clone like Smoke had to in MKX. I think even more characters were able to wake up against Sub in MKX than be able to in I2, that wasn't the problem I'm discussing, and also they had standing armor and could reversal after blocking a 50/50 if SZ went in again, which is not an option here, so I think if anything it would be more polarizing than ever.

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
That's the opposite of what I'm asking for. I asked NRS to get extra creative because the powers of this character are almost limitless. His ice powers give him the capability to do shit like phase port like Smoke can, make Bombs like Cyrax can, and create practically any sort of construct like Green Lantern can, and thats just scratching the surface. Instead we just get a character with no tools except Clone because once you give a character that, you can't tack on much else without breaking it in fact you have to remove things and give him subpar options elsewhere. There is absolutely no reason this character needs clone to have a creative playstyle, and those words are hard to say because as agreed by many SZ players already, his playstyle with Clone probably the least creative shit ever, he's about as flowchart as you could get in MKX and he's forced to be that one dimensional by the clone.

Also, I'm unconvinced that invicible wake-ups will do anything to stop polarizing match ups and certainly not more so than 2hitting armor. Characters like Canary, Brainiac, Cyborg, Harley, Ivy, etc will still just be forced to hold the Clone like Smoke had to in MKX. I think even more characters were able to wake up against Sub in MKX than in I2, that wasn't the problem I'm discussing, and also they had standing armor and could reversal after blocking a 50/50 if SZ went in again, which is not an option here, so I think if anything it would be more polarizing than ever.
Ivy could just drill, no? Assuming it goes away on block.

But yeah I agree he's can create any construct with ice, phase, teleport, and do all this crazy shit to his body, he's like Carnage with ice. But instead the only ice things MKX Sub did was make a clone of himself and throw snowballs, huge wasted potential.

In the MKX comics there is a scene where he's fighting Scorpion, and Scorpion teleports behind him so he grows big ass spikes out of his back, this would be a cool get off me move for Sub to spike up like that. And of course he's been trained to be an assassin his whole life, he should have more ice weapons at his disposal.

MKX only had jumps/unsafe teleports/and armor. this game's got mix up teleports/air dashes/MB rolls and many multi hitting projectiles.

so many more tools in this game then in MKX to deal with clones.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
The only dead dream is that the Clone isn't a fundamental and iconic aspect of the character.
The fact that 2/3 variations of SZ in MKX are without the clone and are aesthetically just fine, proves that it's not fundamental at all. He didn't even get the Ice Clone till MK3, and hasn't even had it for every game since. It's not fundamental, it's lazy. Let's hope it being trait means his moveset isn't restricted too much, but he is looking a lot like MKX SZ.

Last edited:

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Now with Ice Klone I can have the deadly corner game against those fuckers that tortured us. :D