What's new

"Magic is easy as one... two... three!" - Zatanna BnB combos

yeah I feel you, your vid definitely showcases what Zatanna can do.
I did a trait combo in my combo vid too, but mine was going from hat to normal stance.

Gizmo235

Noob
Heres a couple easy high damage corner combos starting off either b1u3 or b23 (Can add more dmg with j2 starters)
They are the same combo essentially so you also get the benefit of not needing to remember other things.
Havn't worked on optimizing them yet (I'm sure you can do more damage than this) but this version of the combo is nice and easy to do.

b1u3, j3, levitate, j3, 223, bf2 (34%) - start with j2, levi, j2 for 40%
(You can end this with 3, bf1 MB, f21 instead of 223, bf2 for 39% and vortex. Or for meterless just end with f21 instead of 223 for 28%)
b23, b1u3, j3, levitate, j3, 223, bf2 (35%) - start with j2, levi, j2 for 42%
(for a 27% vortex on this you can end with j2's instead of j3's into a f21)

Here is a compilation of tricks I've been using for Zatanna, these helped me take 2nd in a local tournament. Please like, comment, and subscribe for more content.

Here is a compilation of tricks I've been using for Zatanna, these helped me take 2nd in a local tournament. Please like, comment, and subscribe for more content.
Anyway you could post vids from the tournament that is much needed right now for the Zatanna community. Actual play, instead of test dummy material so we can spot hitboxes and frame trap stuff.

When the Puppet Master glitch gets fixed, the best ender will be a f21 into Puppet Master to set up some dangerous mixups. Theoretically, it ups your chance of connecting due to an opponent having to second guess what input to do. Also it shuts down any dangerous reversals/wakeup tactics.
whats the glitch?

Anyway you could post vids from the tournament that is much needed right now for the Zatanna community. Actual play, instead of test dummy material so we can spot hitboxes and frame trap stuff.
My TO didn't let me record, apparently it is impolite to other players. Actually, I used to record, but when I tried to post a fight that someone got bodied in, he complained and I took down the video.

My TO didn't let me record, apparently it is impolite to other players. Actually, I used to record, but when I tried to post a fight that someone got bodied in, he complained and I took down the video.
What the heck. . . what kinda TO is that? Wouldn't they want people to see the play to get more people for the next gathering?

Local TO's, what can I say... As a side note, the things I showcased were using the Smoke and Mirrors to create hard to read crossups, canceling j1 into dive kick to beat out other attacks, increase damage and range, using Puppet Master to create a reset to bait out an attack then counter with either b1 or 3.

kevkopdx

Noob
easy 41% corner 1 bar

f3, nj3(delayed), 3(cancel) bf1 mb, nj3, db3

easy to do, since its starts with an f3 i figured it is a practical combo

edit: to clarify on the first nj3, by delayed i mean; jump right away but delay hitting 3 until after youve reached the peak of your jump... tight timing but easy once you know when to hit

AK elitegoomba

http://www.twitch.tv/elitegoomba
its possible to combo after a regular divekick in certain situations in the corner. the one ive been toying with is f3 j3 j3 delayed divekick

so full combo looks like this

j2 j2 f3 j3 j3 divekick (NON MB) 112 cards = 46% meterless

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
its possible to combo after a regular divekick in certain situations in the corner. the one ive been toying with is f3 j3 j3 delayed divekick

so full combo looks like this

j2 j2 f3 j3 j3 divekick (NON MB) 112 cards = 46% meterless
My combo illustrates this!!

So I think I have found my BnBs that I will use for now. Most consist of ending with standing bf1 since it leaves you at +heavily and good range for mixups. Once I get more acquainted with teleport mb and trait I would probably integrate them for more meter build/burn.

> J2 B23 J2 223 bf3 mb tele tele J2 J2 B21 bf1 -- 40-43%
1 meter and sets them standing for reset. It is the best combo I can get right now consistently that is cost efficient. I think it does about same damage if you do B3 after the double J2 and is easier.

>11U3 11 F21 bf1 -- 27%
Meterless and gives same positioning. Can be connected from j1. I am unsure if there is a more damaging setup from j1 midscreen that leaves standing. If anyone knows a more damaging meterless in general I would like to know.

>J db3 mb D2 B3 J2 F21 bf1 -- 20ish? forgot did all this late last night
1 meter Quick overhead or if you catch someone air to air and you want to convert a little more damage.

>F3 J3 F21 bf1
Meterless for F3 setups since you gain little damage from spending meter after F3.

Also, I know it was online only but F21 to B3 or B1 in corner seems pretty good as a frame trap?
Mid screen F21 does not seem very good unless maybe you Teleport MB.
3 after any setup seems to lock people down pretty well. and you can fish for semi 50/50 with
bf1 MB or db1 mb both safe.
bf1 you can MB late after you see that it fails to hit to make safe. I feel like she benefits more from keeping pressure up while metere is available. Not sure ho much damage you can get off raw bf1 MB yet though will test soon.

Hope these help anyone.

cirkusfreaksho

All in a day's work
So I think I have found my BnBs that I will use for now. Most consist of ending with standing bf1 since it leaves you at +heavily and good range for mixups. Once I get more acquainted with teleport mb and trait I would probably integrate them for more meter build/burn.

> J2 B23 J2 223 bf3 mb tele tele J2 J2 B21 bf1 -- 40-43%
1 meter and sets them standing for reset. It is the best combo I can get right now consistently that is cost efficient. I think it does about same damage if you do B3 after the double J2 and is easier.

>11U3 11 F21 bf1 -- 27%
Meterless and gives same positioning. Can be connected from j1. I am unsure if there is a more damaging setup from j1 midscreen that leaves standing. If anyone knows a more damaging meterless in general I would like to know.

>J db3 mb D2 B3 J2 F21 bf1 -- 20ish? forgot did all this late last night
1 meter Quick overhead or if you catch someone air to air and you want to convert a little more damage.

>F3 J3 F21 bf1
Meterless for F3 setups since you gain little damage from spending meter after F3.

Also, I know it was online only but F21 to B3 or B1 in corner seems pretty good as a frame trap?
Mid screen F21 does not seem very good unless maybe you Teleport MB.
3 after any setup seems to lock people down pretty well. and you can fish for semi 50/50 with
bf1 MB or db1 mb both safe.
bf1 you can MB late after you see that it fails to hit to make safe. I feel like she benefits more from keeping pressure up while metere is available. Not sure ho much damage you can get off raw bf1 MB yet though will test soon.

Hope these help anyone.
bf1 frame data is wrong..its not +16 on hit its more like 0 or +1. You are far better off ending with f21 which is +19