What's new

Lupe Fiasco deletes derogatory MK tweet after being challenged by SonicFox

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
I have a ps4, so I'm not concerned with this or the welfare of the game because of it either...cuz it's awesome.

Far superior is far off if you ask me, but i also dont think mkx is bad, just not great either.
MKX isn't perfect but which game is? Idk I really like MKX and think it's way better than MK9 too. And with all its issues I loved the shit outta MK9.

KP2 chars look and play very fluid.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I have lost respect for Lupe. I have always liked his music, but I like MK more, so f*** him for saying some dumb shit like that. He clearly won't accept the challenge because no top NRS player is going to throw the fight for his stupid ass.

Also, what is this idea that you have to like one and hate another? Does every fighting game HAVE TO be Street Fighter to be good or fun? This is what a lot of SF/Capcom fans seem to think

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Its obvious to anyone that knows that he (or someone) bought his win over Daigo. It isn't a notable accomplishment.

So, in the fighting game world - he has done absolutely nothing.

So, the shut up noob response is completely appropriate.
Sure, it's appropriate in regards to the shallow surface y'all are engaged in.

You see someone famous talk shit to the MK community after winning a fraud match against one of the best SF players. You say "umm, you're a scrub and the match against Daigo was staged, stfu you suck. Now go away". This is assuming he's only talking shit because of that match and the pseudo notoriety he got within the FGC.

This is the position y'all hold. I agree with this, IF that's the position he's actually taking.

To me, it's bigger... ish. I see it as an opportunity for our community to grow. Lupe has a huge following and people who follow him aren't necessarily apart of the FGC. They see him having "beef" with Fox or MK players, they get interested. Obviously they will be on Lupe's side, but what if it gets even ONE more player in our community? It's all about expanding our horizons for me. I believe this community deserves much more attention than it gets, even though we can be particularly shitty at times, we have worked hard to build what we have, I only want it to grow from here not diminish.

Was reading this on twitter and here and I just smh.
Capcom community plays along, KoF community plays along, but then there is scene coming straight out of bizzaro world with some of you who taking some trash talk to heart. Talk about not seeing the opportunity in front of you.

As Juggs said everyone knows 95% of players can beat beat him, so is there no point in saying his match against daigo was staged. NEWSFLASH: EVERYONE KNEW IT WAS STAGED!

Basically it comes down to this: Other communities recognized and grabbed the opportunity for exposure while this community threw it away.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Capcom community plays along, KoF community plays along, but then there is scene coming straight out of bizzaro world with some of you who taking some trash talk to heart. Talk about not seeing the opportunity in front of you.

As Juggs said everyone knows 95% of players can beat beat him, so is there no point in saying his match against daigo was staged. NEWSFLASH: EVERYONE KNEW IT WAS STAGED!

Basically it comes down to this: Other communities recognized and grabbed the opportunity for exposure while this community threw it away.
A guy from work actually thinks Lupe beat him fair, I keep telling him it was fake but he doesn't believe me.

Carl

Noob
That daigo match v lupe was abit odd not saying daigo threw it away though i was stunned at the results.
On the other hand if sonicfox was in daigos position im confident fox would have mopped him earlier as lupe will probably win 1 round then fox will adapt and then its rip lupe.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
You can't compare his situation with SF and KOF to MK. With SF he wanted to play. and same with KOF. With MK he sent out a tweet pretty much trashing the franchise and then deleted it. If he had come out and said he wanted to have some matches wuth best MK player(s) nobody would have had a problem with it.

If he had sent out a tweet of the opposite (Saying SF is for lame trihard elitists who don't like MK or something) the SF community likley would have had a similar reaction, IMO.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
To me, it's bigger... ish. I see it as an opportunity for our community to grow. Lupe has a huge following and people who follow him aren't necessarily apart of the FGC. They see him having "beef" with Fox or MK players, they get interested. Obviously they will be on Lupe's side, but what if it gets even ONE more player in our community? It's all about expanding our horizons for me. I believe this community deserves much more attention than it gets, even though we can be particularly shitty at times, we have worked hard to build what we have, I only want it to grow from here not diminish.

These two guys get it.

A guy from work actually thinks Lupe beat him fair, I keep telling him it was fake but he doesn't believe me.
Then if you really want to just teach him fighting games and then pull up some of the countless daigo footage on the internet. Then compare that display of skill to how he played against lupe.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
You can't compare his situation with SF and KOF to MK. With SF he wanted to play. and same with KOF. With MK he sent out a tweet pretty much trashing the franchise and then deleted it. If he had come out and said he wanted to have some matches wuth best MK player(s) nobody would have had a problem with it.

If he had sent out a tweet of the opposite (Saying SF is for lame trihard elitists who don't like MK or something) the SF community likley would have had a similar reaction, IMO.
It's even worse than that. He started posting about how great he is at SF and all the win streaks he had. Which was probably against the computer. (which imo, is worse than saying a block button is easy mode. That's like an elementary grade diss. Which probably shows Lupe's misunderstanding of not only MK but the genre as a whole.) But instead of attacking him, trying to expose him, an exhibition match got set up to show off Capcom's new game. And the same might be happening for KoF 14. Which could easily be done for MKx. Which it probably still could happen. Who knows.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
lolololol this community can be so basic sometimes

Everyone knows Lupe-Daigo was staged. It made mainstream gaming headlines and probably brought a ton of new players into SFV. It was fun and enjoyable in a goofy, light-hearted way.

This isn't Lupe getting "rekt" on Twitter. This is our community's best player getting baited by a casual and instantly making the situation unfun. Tbh this entire thing is a snoozefest and no one will care whatsoever. I barely care. This post took all my energy to even wr- ResidentSleeper

The Abbot

Unit LK-52O
lolololol this community can be so basic sometimes

Everyone knows Lupe-Daigo was staged. It made mainstream gaming headlines and probably brought a ton of new players into SFV. It was fun and enjoyable in a goofy, light-hearted way.

This isn't Lupe getting "rekt" on Twitter. This is our community's best player getting baited by a casual and instantly making the situation unfun. Tbh this entire thing is a snoozefest and no one will care whatsoever. I barely care. This post took all my energy to even wr- ResidentSleeper
Hahaha NO my brother.

The Diago thing was staged.... Okay, I get that. But, if you blatantly say MK is for "people" who don't know how to play SF that's dissing the community as a whole and is just plain ignorant.

Retracting his statement afterwards shows how foolish he must have felt and should have the decency to apologize or say that's not what he meant.

Although he doesn't owe any one jack shit he shouldn't go off telling people to eat a dick and die. Bottom line... he ain't shit in SF and he ain't shit to us so don't run your mouth if you can't back it up.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Hahaha NO my brother.

The Diago thing was staged.... Okay, I get that. But, if you blatantly say MK is for "people" who don't know how to play SF that's dissing the community as a whole and is just plain ignorant.

Retracting his statement afterwards shows how foolish he must have felt and should have the decency to apologize or say that's not what he meant.

Although he doesn't owe any one jack shit he shouldn't go off telling people to eat a dick and die. Bottom line... he ain't shit in SF and he ain't shit to us so don't run your mouth if you can't back it up.
That was just a satirical excuse to not play sonic fox. He always does that. Like one time someone asked him to okay street fighter and he said "I only play world champions" or something like that. He makes up funny ways to duck people. That's it. It's not that serious.
And he always deletes tweets. This isn't the first time. Which is why I don't understand why this is front paged.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
I didnt know who this Lupe guy was before he bought Daigo a car. But if hes starting drama on twitter over a videogame i cant imagine hes that smart.