What's new

Lupe Fiasco deletes derogatory MK tweet after being challenged by SonicFox

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Ask Takeda players, I don't know.
Yeah that Takeda struggle must be so real since his launching armored move isnt number 1 in the game. You realize not everyone in SF has an invincible DP either right? Some are better than others... if a character is good as shit standing then some times they dont deserve to be good as shit at getting up too. You just got knocked on your ass, you dont always deserve a combo... just like in SFV, you have the option to wake up DP after getting knocked down, but just realize that it can lead to you eating 50% if they block it, SFV is a no scrub zone. If you got knocked down as a character with bad wake ups then you fucked up and have to work your way out of it like a good player would, thinking you deserve to get up risk free in any fighting game is scrubtastic

WarlordRenegade

Founder of Team Renegade
When you say racist do you mean like in terms of fighting game communities or legit racism
He kept making jokes about FGC fans are all 14 year old white boys, all those tweets have since been deleted. Look at thebardockobama's twitter he was lashing out mostly at him and his fans. But trust me the white boy comments where there. And to whoever said that I didn't know what I was talking about cause they didn't hear racism in his music I'm not takin about his music nor would I know cause I don't and have never listened to any of his music I was talking about his Twitter comments that he since deleted. They were all screen capped you can find them if you search or like I said thebardockobama will be glad to give them to you

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Yeah that Takeda struggle must be so real since his launching armored move isnt number 1 in the game. You realize not everyone in SF has an invincible DP either right? Some are better than others... if a character is good as shit standing then some times they dont deserve to be good as shit at getting up too. You just got knocked on your ass, you dont always deserve a combo... just like in SFV, you have the option to wake up DP after getting knocked down, but just realize that it can lead to you eating 50% if they block it, SFV is a no scrub zone. If you got knocked down as a character with bad wake ups then you fucked up and have to work your way out of it like a good player would, thinking you deserve to get up risk free in any fighting game is scrubtastic
So we're OK then.

WarlordRenegade

Founder of Team Renegade
And as far as people saying we are childish for attacking him or "we should all get along" yet you don't say that about him when he attacked the MK community for no reason other than the fact he like street fighter. He isn't man enough to fight anyone else in the FGC except people who would potentially stage a match with him such as combo fiend or gooteks period. Which is why it's all excuses from him and ways to back out and be too busy yet he isn't too busy to try and insult our community. I find it laughable at this point he is a clear trash talk/coward.

WarlordRenegade

Founder of Team Renegade
Correct me if im wrong but what is this BS about MK having a block button and SF does not? I'm pretty sure u press a button when u block in SF too...
That's considered "back to block" and it's viewed as a diffrent blocking mechanic than what MK uses.

WarlordRenegade

Founder of Team Renegade
People say SFV is the staple fighting game and MKX sucks or is insanely unbalanced are straight haters, I don't play street fighter because in my opinion it looks boring but that is just my opinion. That doesn't mean I would assault the game mechanics or the community just because I prefer MK. Yet Lupe does this and MK fans try to defend but somehow we are the bad guys? GTFO

And Lupe not only assaulted MKXL the game but he assaulted OUR COMMUNITY as well, totally uncalled for. But that's my two cents I'm out

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Block button does make it easier to stand still and defend. You can still whiff punish and all that shit with B2B. Don't see how that really changes. But what about a whole mixup being unavailable? The 2 different defense systems allow for different styles sure. Not going to get into which is better but I'll also not going to act like my preference is king.
Idk you sound like you kinda are. Btw cross ups were a glitch back then.

haketh

Noob
I can't believe people got worked this hard over something that started out as a beef between Lupe vs Joe Budden

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
He dissed all mkx players and when challenged by the top dog he puts his tail between his legs and deletes the tweet.
What a clown
He was trolling! I don't understand CrimsonShadow and DMS figured it out... What's wrong with the rest of you people? He knows he's not good at fighting games. He did it to troll. He trolls all the time. He's considered by many to be one of the greatest rappers of all time, what does he have to prove to the fighting game community?

Wetdoba

All too easy...
There's a game that auto blocks when you don't push anything. I wanna say one of the tekkens
You do have to push something to block though its called the stick lol. Take your hands off the stick entirely and see if the game blocks a cross up/fake crossup follow up for you because it wont. Blocking isnt the hard part in fighting games anyway and blocking a an overhead or low in MKX is no different than blocking a cross up or fake cross up in SF. The difference is that having block be a button actually ruins the neutral game because you cant play footsies when you are constantly having to let go of block and rehold ut down between everything. Even more hilarious is that you have to let go of block to tech an unblockable attack so whats the point lol

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Idk you sound like you kinda are. Btw cross ups were a glitch back then.
I'm not. I'm discussing what both methods deliver. What was a glitch and what isn't, isn't important.

I can't believe people got worked this hard over something that started out as a beef between Lupe vs Joe Budden
Care to explain? No way did all this stem from Lupe shit talking Joe Budden about video games. Also surprised that only these comments are the ones being talked about. Not that any of what Lupe said should be really cared about at all, but that would give no one a reason to lash out on the internet.

I dont get what youre trying to say
There's a game that auto blocks when you don't push anything. I wanna say one of the tekkens
Tekken will block standing for you if you do nothing. But I'm sure most people hold back and down back since it's much better to actually do something for defense.

Also SFxT had an auto block gem (among other auto gems) that required you to do nothing or else you'd get hit. At the expense of some meter. Could've been anywhere from 1/2 to 1 bar. I don't remember exactly.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Ha man had no idea this all made front page LOL! Very cool!

While that may be true if you didnt see the Tweets Lupe was going IN on the Mk scene/community...thus why Sonic Fox tweeted etc..

Though i cant confirm if this was before or after NRS tweeted Lupe

Also if its a WWEsports Heel turn to drum up "hype" then sure why not but i also Remember A certain Person who talked shit and called out the MK community saying SF/Capcom players were going to Dominate Injustice...and we all know how well THAT went dont we....?

YOU GUYS JUST WEREN'T READY FOR HIS SINESTRO DAWG!

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I have to admit I thoroughly enjoyed SonicFox had to specify (free) in parenthesis as if to clear any doubt what a 20-0 meant.

haketh

Noob
Care to explain? No way did all this stem from Lupe shit talking Joe Budden about video games. Also surprised that only these comments are the ones being talked about. Not that any of what Lupe said should be really cared about at all, but that would give no one a reason to lash out on the internet.
It all started because Joe Budden started tweeting at Lupe that he wouldn't see him in Madden AKA the start of damn near 95% of Nigga Moments everywhere, Lupe said see me in SFV, more buffoonery was had, someone said Lupe why don't you see him in MK, Lupe said MK was for people that can't play SF & here we are

The Abbot

Unit LK-52O
Alright, so I haven't been on TYM to witness the start of this Lupe bullshit but let me "Put You Up On Game".

I am I hardcore hip hop fanatic. Not that radio rap bullshit but real hip hop.

With that said "Around My Way" if someone challenges you to a battle, you best believe I'm setting "Streets On Fire" taking out this challenger. Whether it be freestyle, written, production or gaming.

Lupe must be "Daydreaming" talking about MK like SF is superior in any way, shape, form or fashion.

What's even funnier is that tweets are deleted quick like "Words I Never Said"

Lupe must be on some "Superstar" shit right now so let me "Dumb It Down" so his ignorant ass can understand.

If you talk about a scene by name you best be prepared to go to war and walk the walk like a man. Cause if it ain't Sonicfox, it'll be me "Kick(ing) & Push(ing)" yo ass online, offline or on wax so severely, all you'll have is your tears and "Battle Scars" to rap about punk.