What's new

Lupe Fiasco deletes derogatory MK tweet after being challenged by SonicFox

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
Each character has 3 variations and you have to know match up frame data as well. In mk its 1000 more times learning than poke fighter.
I'd bet all the money i have that sf players would commit suicide versing summoner or especially covert ops lol.
Actually i wonder if the best sf player can even handle buzzsaw? i highly doubt it.
Gonna go ahead and guess you don't know what a safe jump setup is.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
It all started because Joe Budden started tweeting at Lupe that he wouldn't see him in Madden AKA the start of damn near 95% of Nigga Moments everywhere, Lupe said see me in SFV, more buffoonery was had, someone said Lupe why don't you see him in MK, Lupe said MK was for people that can't play SF & here we are
I won't believe you. I can't believe you. No way two dudes is shit talking each other and because one said something that everyone has said about something else, a bunch of stangers not included got their underwear all twisted. No fucking way.

@The Abbot please on more of . . . that.

DangerousBacon

Mechanical Engineering Bitch!
I love it.

I thought it was a fucking tasteless as all hell idea for them to set that shtick up with Daigo just for Lupe to put himself over.

That's not to speak ill of the Beast. Business is business and anyone who knows the name Umehara knows he had nothing to lose and everything to gain in such a situation.

If you wanna publicize the FGC, go for it, that's awesome. But you don't follow that up by getting yourself put in the Fox's scope.
If Capcom and NRS are WWE and ECW, then Sonic is New Jack, and New Jack doesn't take shit from anybody. You oughta know better...
Please tell me that New Jack is in jail.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Daigo sounds like a smart man then
The ones that aren't smart are the ones that belittle those that say Daigo threw it because they shouldn't speak on what they're clueless about.

Fighting game fans gotta give Sonic Fox some points for calling him out on it.

GAV

Lupe,

Do you have anything to say to Sonic Fox or anyone else on the matter that Sonic Fox says you paid Daigo to throw his match with you - and that he will 10-0 you in Street Fighter V - because you're completely free in that game?

Lupe -

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Yeah that's cool. But attacking the guys music career(without actually listening to the music) and calling him stupid is just dumb.
I don't like rap except some chinano rap ao my opinion on his music don't matter much but the only song I liked was "superstar" and i like it more cause of the signing part lol. And I tried liking his music I just couldn't.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I never understood SF players making the block button argument to say MK is scrubby. Like you can't move while blocking in MK if you choose to block you need to hunker down and hold your opponents offense, you can't just back walk and dip out, you have to stick with your choice.

I never understood SF players making the block button argument to say MK is scrubby. Like you can't move while blocking in MK if you choose to block you need to hunker down and hold your opponents offense, you can't just back walk and dip out, you have to stick with your choice.
If that was the case, then games like VF, SC and some anime games are lumped in the same category. Overall this argument/trolling is stupid.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
If that was the case, then games like VF, SC and some anime games are lumped in the same category. Overall this argument/trolling is stupid.
I didn't say lump em in the same category I said that the block button isn't more scrubby and does have its drawbacks.

Oh great an irrelevant rapper and the overrated kid on the block are arguing, quick someone make sure they nerf the twitter popcorns' butter.

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
He was trolling! I don't understand CrimsonShadow and DMS figured it out... What's wrong with the rest of you people? He knows he's not good at fighting games. He did it to troll. He trolls all the time. He's considered by many to be one of the greatest rappers of all time, what does he have to prove to the fighting game community?
He's a really good rapper. but one of the greatest of all time, no.

People say SFV is the staple fighting game and MKX sucks or is insanely unbalanced are straight haters, I don't play street fighter because in my opinion it looks boring but that is just my opinion. That doesn't mean I would assault the game mechanics or the community just because I prefer MK. Yet Lupe does this and MK fans try to defend but somehow we are the bad guys? GTFO

And Lupe not only assaulted MKXL the game but he assaulted OUR COMMUNITY as well, totally uncalled for. But that's my two cents I'm out
Lol I would agree but this community is already fcked up as is, Lupe teling the truth about it shouldn't warrant you or anybody to be mad at him because he telling the complete truth. Want fcked up FGC? Try that one nice black dude who took in 4 randoms in his house, car and they return the favor by leaving him for death and almost bankrupt. Until that happens in this Mkx community. don't try to use the victim card here. Because unless you are blind, this community has done its far fair of shady shit.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
You do have to push something to block though its called the stick lol. Take your hands off the stick entirely and see if the game blocks a cross up/fake crossup follow up for you because it wont. Blocking isnt the hard part in fighting games anyway and blocking a an overhead or low in MKX is no different than blocking a cross up or fake cross up in SF. The difference is that having block be a button actually ruins the neutral game because you cant play footsies when you are constantly having to let go of block and rehold ut down between everything. Even more hilarious is that you have to let go of block to tech an unblockable attack so whats the point lol
Yea the whole block button is why it was an awkward transition for me to get into MKX. That and I cant fucking play on an Arcade stick in Mortal Kombat for shit. If i had that ability I would have played Zero in uMvC3.
The throws in MK are also annoying. Even when I know a throw is coming I have to guess the direction too...A 50/50 throw bruh...

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Yea the whole block button is why it was an awkward transition for me to get into MKX. That and I cant fucking play on an Arcade stick in Mortal Kombat for shit. If i had that ability I would have played Zero in uMvC3.
The throws in MK are also annoying. Even when I know a throw is coming I have to guess the direction too...A 50/50 throw bruh...
Yeah I didnt mind the block button at first but Ive grown to hate it now as it makes the neutral choppy and makes throws too good

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I have a question. Why is everyone so mad though? This was standard FGC trash talk, i think it's awesome he's even at all connected the FGC. Famous people being involved with MKX or the FGC... No. Matter. What. Is a good thing.

Yeah he called out all of us, but better players have done that before and we beat their candy asses. Doing it again will be just another Saturday.

GAV

I have a question. Why is everyone so mad though? This was standard FGC trash talk, i think it's awesome he's even at all connected the FGC. Famous people being involved with MKX or the FGC... No. Matter. What. Is a good thing.

Yeah he called out all of us, but better players have done that before and we beat their candy asses. Doing it again will be just another Saturday.
He's done nothing to earn any recognition in the fighting game community.

In the rap community, he might be something - but in the fighting game community, he knows nothing - and is just an online scrub.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
He's done nothing to earn any recognition in the fighting game community.

In the rap community, he might be something - but in the fighting game community, he knows nothing - and is just an online scrub.
I don't really see your point. He's famous, bottom line. Anyone famous, A N Y O N E famous involved with MKX or the FGC is major publicity especially when their spouting off on social media. Him being a scrub is entirely irrelevant imo. Of course 95% of the community would bop him in MKX, just like 95% of SFV player would bop him. That isn't the point and it surprises me a lot of you are feeding into this so easily.

GAV

I don't really see your point. He's famous, bottom line. Anyone famous, A N Y O N E famous involved with MKX or the FGC is major publicity especially when their spouting off on social media. Him being a scrub is entirely irrelevant imo. Of course 95% of the community would bop him in MKX, just like 95% of SFV player would bop him. That isn't the point and it surprises me a lot of you are feeding into this so easily.
Its obvious to anyone that knows that he (or someone) bought his win over Daigo. It isn't a notable accomplishment.

So, in the fighting game world - he has done absolutely nothing.

So, the shut up noob response is completely appropriate.