What's new

Lord Raiden General Discussion Thread

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
How maybe Jo Push has some weird ass trades and is easily punishable? The move is trash as is the variation overall but yeah those are some weird trades, it's like I know this game is a mess in general with shit like that but if he's already in his Jo Push animation how is he going to get fully punished mid animation? They're not like flawless blocking it even or something. Thankfully, Fujin's coming fellow Raiden mains so hopefully he'll be broke or OP and we'll have something to be happy about.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I think NRS should consider looking at Jo Push as a move similar to Kenshi's spirit charge.

He has lost electric fly so having space control that can be hit confirmed into a combo starter would be very helpful for the variation.

You could condition the opponent of it's range and use that to set up lightning rod. Problem with that is that Lightning Rod should have these two changes IMO:

1. Lightning that the rod reflects has longer range and tracks the opponent
  2. AMP Lightning Rod lasts longer
Lastly, I hate Electric Fly's krushing blow requirement so much. I honestly wish it was similar to say Sub-Zero's 123 where it Krushing blows after certain hits in a combo. Giving Raiden that huge cash out in damage could be too much though because his damage is actually really high already.

So what about having it be a Krushing Blow if the opponent reaches the corner? I think that suites his play style rather well.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Ahh. I didn't think it was a trade issue, I thought it was just a giant gap. The move is -25 on block, and the amp has a startup of 16f.

Why that move costs 2 slots I'll never understand. I really hope they patch T&L. It could be a fun variation if they just tweaked some of those specials. TW and Raijin are mostly fine as is.

ElectricHat

#TruthAndLight
The weirdness is this gap is inconsistent and depends on Raiden's placement. To be more precise it depends on distance between the characters. I know that this move is very punishable and you shouldn't do this on block. I feel that there can be an OS to prevent any kind of his so called mindgames

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
I think the better scenario for us would be d2 or f2 for Armor Breaker, but I would be happy if they fix women reaction vs Storm Cell and remove gaps after canceling strings on specials.

Zviko

Noob
What about Electric Fly? It would combo of off everything and it has a KB which never happens. It would be great if they also made Storm Cell like Kitana's tornado, so it's unbreakable. Then you do the Storm Cell, jump in combo and then it's a mix up. Whether you do normal combo or straight into Electric Fly for the KB. For D2KB and B2KB you can go straight into Fly as well. Makes sense right?

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
What about Electric Fly? It would combo of off everything and it has a KB which never happens. It would be great if they also made Storm Cell like Kitana's tornado, so it's unbreakable. Then you do the Storm Cell, jump in combo and then it's a mix up. Whether you do normal combo or straight into Electric Fly for the KB. For D2KB and B2KB you can go straight into Fly as well. Makes sense right?
It being Electric Fly would literally only work if you can't break Storm Cell.

But I already hate this addition anyway, Scorpion gets a free combo everytime, Sub-Zero gets one KB and after that just a hit. Its already unbalanced.

Furthermore nobody breaks at a point when Sub would have a spot to do that.

And Electric Fly's KB needs to be changed to either doing it after a 5 hit combo or in the air.

Zviko

Noob
It being Electric Fly would literally only work if you can't break Storm Cell.
You don't know that though because we haven't seen the changes yet. Breakaway itself may work differently and most of the moves that are anti-breakaway will probably get changes too. For Scorpion we know it works only after D2KB as it is currently and that would work with Raiden's Electric Fly too even if no changes were made. But I think they will change Storm Cell to be unbreakable anyway.
But I already hate this addition anyway, Scorpion gets a free combo everytime, Sub-Zero gets one KB and after that just a hit. Its already unbalanced.
Every time if they breakaway. But what if they don't? Then Scorpion lost a lot of potential damage and they kept their meter. Sounds pretty balanced to me. Also it's not like they have breakaway every single time you launch them.
And Electric Fly's KB needs to be changed to either doing it after a 5 hit combo or in the air.
Not if it becomes anti armor move.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
true, what else would it be though? the moves theyve shown have a tendency to be ~20f, advancing mids and f2/f4 would fit right in.
It depends on how NRS would frame these armour breakers, whether they are universal moves or limited to certain tournament variations. Not to mention there’s usually some extra property of that move added on to incentivise usage on a read, so F2 being so integral to his regular combos might not be their choice. Or they might tweak it so who knows

It depends on how NRS would frame these armour breakers, whether they are universal moves or limited to certain tournament variations. Not to mention there’s usually some extra property of that move added on to incentivise usage on a read, so F2 being so integral to his regular combos might not be their choice. Or they might tweak it so who knows
nothing left to say but "we'll see"

true, what else would it be though? the moves theyve shown have a tendency to be ~20f, advancing mids and f2/f4 would fit right in.
I'd think F4 between those 2, after the f4 you can't get the extra 1,2,fly for optimal so if you do f4 instead you'd have to choose between your optimal vs anti armor