What's new

Lord Raiden General Discussion Thread

JDM

Noob
i think you can neutral duck and full combo punish Storm Cell from up close - its a guaranteed d2 krushing blow combo! i think it is also possible to dash and punish from sweep range. people will learn to do that so ending a string in db2 is a risky gimmick with good payoff though.

about b31: the 1 can be flawless blocked after normal blocking the b3, theres a tiny gap in it.
ah yeah but im talking about on hit, specifically about breakaways. on block you just opt not to do the special since all his stuff is pretty safe anyways. If you're starting with b1 you can cancel into teleport or far teleport to bait whiffs for f4.

Also you can cancel into electric fly and cancel out of that, f4xxelectric fly cancel is safe against sub's slide if done correctly.

samiorfali

Raiden Player since the 90s
i think you can neutral duck and full combo punish Storm Cell from up close - its a guaranteed d2 krushing blow combo! i think it is also possible to dash and punish from sweep range. people will learn to do that so ending a string in db2 is a risky gimmick with good payoff though.

about b31: the 1 can be flawless blocked after normal blocking the b3, theres a tiny gap in it.
Why are u raiden players telling non radien players who r reading these posts, how to punish stormcel!!!!!!
Plz remove ur posts immedietly.

samiorfali

Raiden Player since the 90s
f3 is -6, how are you conditioning people to getting thrown from that? I don't see how they are just ducking and mashing d1. Also your b12 dddU tip is nice, but in reality you're just cancelling into teleport too early. You need to wait for the B12 to connect then input down up, can't dial it in. No need for extra inputs though if it helps you that's fine.

poke into storm cell is nice I'm definitely going to start using that. However it is gimmicky since the third hit is a high, it's not able to be poked out of which is veryyyy nice. Also I like doing f4xxbf3 cancel into f4/f1/b3.
Thanks.. now non raiden players read and learned how to punish storm cell.

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
As i said before b11dddu for teleport, this is so important, as important as raiden run cancel in MKX. If u dnt know how to do it lab it.
what is this tech b11xxtele ? i dont get it is it on block pressure or some kind of combo? what to do after tele?

Mahjunia

Noob
Now I know why it was super tight and difficult to do after db2amp, jip, f4-whatever... it's cuz I'm on PC and it differs from the consoles versions... :(

Is there any way to follow up his mb db4 electric current? Trying to make the best out of the presets until they change them / if, but i cannot connect anything after it

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
So just int he lab
Cassie's hitbox seems to make b12 punish whiff a portion of the db2 amp whiff leaving her REALLY low to the ground.

My guess is all smaller hitboxes are going to do this as well. sigh.

FanTalk

The 5th Yonko
Not sure if it was stated but Storm Cell makes a great anti-telport. If you think your opponent is going to tele throw it out there for a punish

JDM

Noob
what are you guys typically doing on a getup reversal launch/ flawless block launch?
Meterless if they don't have 2 bars to break: j.3 Superman
Meterless if they have 2 bars : dash 12, f32
Meter if they don't have 2 bars : F4xxDB2mbxx late j.2xxf4xxsuperman
I wouldn't spend meter if they have 2 bars. Not worth it. You can also opt for f32 instead of f4 superman for less damage but better setup for the meter version.

JDM

Noob
The timing on this combo is quite different when using b31 as the opponent is actually higher in the air.
it really is a shame there isn't much consistency here.
yeah you can't do the f.2 portion off of b31. But this is a consistent combo off of every grounded starter. And regardless, you can just not do the f.2 portion and it works just fine. It's just for max damage. In a match I probably wouldn't go for it atm anyways since it's strict. But that's what training mode is for ;)

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
yeah you can't do the f.2 portion off of b31. But this is a consistent combo off of every grounded starter. And regardless, you can just not do the f.2 portion and it works just fine. It's just for max damage. In a match I probably wouldn't go for it atm anyways since it's strict. But that's what training mode is for ;)
Yeah i wasn't trying to poke holes... I can do it off b31, the timing is just incredibly tight.

I was really hoping that 121 would KB if it was involved in the punish... but alas it doesn't and that KB is pretty crap then :(

One other thing is that the female hitboxes do NOT play well with b12 db2 amp. I'm not surprised, but it def is a mental thing.

I kind of like that this forum is small as the noise goes away.

The teleport in this game is so fast it really messes with people on that f32 setup. His b1 is NOT a good meaty but you can dash up teleport and typically still be in range of f4. So you can play with the OH meaty and the whiff punish wakeup with tele.

I like this dude.

JDM

Noob
Yeah i wasn't trying to poke holes... I can do it off b31, the timing is just incredibly tight.

I was really hoping that 121 would KB if it was involved in the punish... but alas it doesn't and that KB is pretty crap then :(

One other thing is that the female hitboxes do NOT play well with b12 db2 amp. I'm not surprised, but it def is a mental thing.

I kind of like that this forum is small as the noise goes away.

The teleport in this game is so fast it really messes with people on that f32 setup. His b1 is NOT a good meaty but you can dash up teleport and typically still be in range of f4. So you can play with the OH meaty and the whiff punish wakeup with tele.

I like this dude.
121 is an ok KB. Especially compared to some of the other characters KBs lol. Noobs B3 has to be blocked high to get a KB but he literally has no overhead besides shorthop and 112. So stupid. 121 is at least a guaranteed 28 percent punish if they do something stupid and can't be broken. Pretty solid for a character like raiden who is all about juggling.

But yeah I noticed that too after you said it, b12 db2 works a bit differently on females so I'd just never do the f.2 extension on them at all. Though it is possible. I don't think having strict combos that are optimal is a bad thing though, I like that. Separates goods and greats c:

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
So do we have any optimal corner bnbs that arent...... replace j2 for j3 in the normal bnbs? lol

I guess raiden not really having much of any kind of launcher that isn't db2 amp sucks.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
So just int he lab
Cassie's hitbox seems to make b12 punish whiff a portion of the db2 amp whiff leaving her REALLY low to the ground.

My guess is all smaller hitboxes are going to do this as well. sigh.
Pretty sure you can still do ji2 into f4~bf3, just needs to be a deep ji2 like you normally do. I know that’s how I did it in practice

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I'd like NRS to change the B2 KB requirement. Right now you have to do back to back raw B2 no other attack input. I think it should be as long as no other attack made contact with the opponent. So I can do B2, whiff D3, B2.

I'd really like it to just be to hit B2 twice but you can do other attacks. As long as you successfully land two B2 in a row. So you could do B2, D3, B2 all hit and the second B2 is a KB. But if you do B2, B2(blocked), B2 that third B2 doesn't KB.