What's new

Lord Raiden General Discussion Thread

Is his B2 cancellable ? Im not able to do it or my timing sucks ! If we cannot this is useless, and we have also to perform Two Consecutive B2 for Crushing blow, good luck !

Tp timing is also strange as we cannot anticipate the tp combinaison in a mix up, there is a particular timing at the end.

Raiden looks great and interesting but to me we had to play him using a lot of strategies, rush could be a pain with him, let’s see :)

Imperium

Noob
Is his B2 cancellable ? Im not able to do it or my timing sucks ! If we cannot this is useless, and we have also to perform Two Consecutive B2 for Crushing blow, good luck !

Tp timing is also strange as we cannot anticipate the tp combinaison in a mix up, there is a particular timing at the end.

Raiden looks great and interesting but to me we had to play him using a lot of strategies, rush could be a pain with him, let’s see :)
Starting to get a little iffy on Raiden.

I don’t know if this worth a whole thread but will post it here since it is related to Raiden

Christopher Lambert (movie raiden) has appeared in a commercial for the game

Not sure what you mean about the TP thing, but I believe only the first hit of his B2 is cancellable.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Am glad most ppl out there consider Raiden to be a handicapped mid-low tier character, nothing's worse than having your favorite character torn apart by tier whores and bandwagoners. I've been with Raiden through thick and thin since mk9 and i will continue to go the extra mile with him to bring out his full potential.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
can you please not judge the "tier" by frame data? raiden has no pressure, that is true. he also is not supposed to, he is a punisher with great range and movement. the character works, no matter how bad the frame data is. just dont try to rushdown.
I'm still getting back into the swing of things. I'm basically re-learning how to analyze frame data from scratch. The issue is also that as someone who really doesn't know much about Raiden's playstyle, I also can't know what the range of the attacks are just by reading the raw frame data.

gotta correct myself about raidens playstyle. he has no business up close except after a corner carry. he is a fullscreen character who lives off of his zoning/teleport threat and has to play really slippery. he has a few good buttons for punishes but should use them mainly to get away. this goes for the tournament variation with storm cell, i always forget the name.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
gotta correct myself about raidens playstyle. he has no business up close except after a corner carry. he is a fullscreen character who lives off of his zoning/teleport threat and has to play really slippery. he has a few good buttons for punishes but should use them mainly to get away. this goes for the tournament variation with storm cell, i always forget the name.
His storm cell variation still has the lighting move where you have to control the distance right? Is storm cell safe on block? Since I don't think I see the frame data on the file on this thread :/

His storm cell variation still has the lighting move where you have to control the distance right? Is storm cell safe on block? Since I don't think I see the frame data on the file on this thread :/
yes. storm cell is -3 but the last hit can be neutral ducked and full combo punished. people just dont know that yet :D

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Any tips on how to connect 12 after f2 in those combos? After storm cell into ji2 I mean

dunno if thats a bug but it doesnt launch despite it clearly looks like it should.
Also, isn't this move supposed to shoot a crawling projectile?
I can amp it to launch the opponent, but I cannot follow up with anything. I don't understand what's going on with this move.

What is the point of using f2 over f4 now that it's safe?
Whats the point of Super Bolt (fly replacement) other than looking really cool? The KB seems unreasonable for an attack that gains no damage for charging it, and it doesn't corner carry nor work in the air.