What's new

Looks like we are rebooting the series (next MK game teaser trailer)

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I can only tell the difference between your post and a real one because you omitted the word "blasphemous". Quite authentic otherwise
Don't know how advocating against forbidding men from drawing women in order to appease crazy people is in any way related to that, but okay.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Perplexoty AI said:
I can't believe what I'm seeing! Mortal Kombat characters are not sexy enough in the latest game! What is going on with the developers? Don't they know that sex sells? We need more skin, more curves, more everything! I mean, have you seen the previous games? The female characters were toned down in MKX, but now in MK11, they're practically wearing burkas! It's like they're trying to make them look like normal people or something. And what's with the lack of nudity? Street Fighter 6 is more erotic than our actual game! Come on, NRS, get your act together and give us what we want!
Got a AI to write a post for them.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
Sure, but the outfits boring.
Besides the original Skarlet skin from MK9, I LOVED the MKX Comics look that they brought into MK11 Blood Kode skin (which was her only good skin in my opinion) & her MKM Assassin skin is badass too which goes with the now tradition of the mobile game getting better skins...

Women can't look sexy anymore, because you can't be sexy and strong (according to idiots).
Even when you look at real life like Ebanie Bridges who is the current IBF female bantamweight boxing champion & a former competitive bodybuilder, her whole look is being sexy, strong & all awhile being one of the best boxers in the world.

Look at the female wrestlers Pre-Attitude Era to even today who were able to represent strength & sexiness for decades from Alundra Blayze to Victora & Chyna to Trish Stratus & Beth Phoenix to Saraya & Jade Cargill (who even wrestled in MK9 Jade cosplay). Here I would have thought Kerri-Ann Hoskins' portayal of Sonya that changed the character until MKX would have proved that women can be sexy & powerful?

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Besides the original Skarlet skin from MK9, I LOVED the MKX Comics look that they brought into MK11 Blood Kode skin (which was her only good skin in my opinion) & her MKM Assassin skin is badass too which goes with the now tradition of the mobile game getting better skins...

Even when you look at real life like Ebanie Bridges who is the current IBF female bantamweight boxing champion & a former competitive bodybuilder, her whole look is being sexy, strong & all awhile being one of the best boxers in the world.

Look at the female wrestlers Pre-Attitude Era to even today who were able to represent strength & sexiness for decades from Alundra Blayze to Victora & Chyna to Trish Stratus & Beth Phoenix to Saraya & Jade Cargill (who even wrestled in MK9 Jade cosplay). Here I would have thought Kerri-Ann Hoskins' portayal of Sonya that changed the character until MKX would have proved that women can be sexy & powerful?
Yeah, Skarlet had some cool skins. But if you look at all the ladies in MK11, all the outfits are boring. I was pretty disappointed by most of Mileena's and most of all, Cassie. It's wild that today it's either/or, they can't represent masculine women AND feminine women together. They have to love one, and put down the other, when both are beautiful imo.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
…Why are y’all writing think pieces about the sexiness of characters?
Because it used to be a feature and now it's considered a bug. And I just point out the hypocrisy. Personally I was mostly ok with the outfits of the MK11 female cast. It's the body types that look like someone took the 'sexy' slider and turned it down to zero, with the exception of Sindel.

I played and enjoyed the game, but I couldn't help but observe that there was a notable sense of political correctness in the designs and body types of almost every character. It's almost like NRS felt like they had something to prove to a particular demographic, at least at the base / vanilla edition. As the game went by, some of the sexiness attempted to come back, but everything kept feeling incredibly 'safe'.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
…Why are y’all writing think pieces about the sexiness of characters? Respectfully not gonna read all of that.
At the end of the day I don't care how much skin they show or don't show. I just don't want NRS obsessing over being PC when they shouldn't have to be. People will always find something to bitch about regardless of what they do. People bitched because Cassie and Jacqui have non-binary, LGBTQ+ colored outfits.

It's not like we have a whole lot to talk about right now anyway though. Mainly just trying to pass the time until we get some information.

Art Lean

Noob
…Why are y’all writing think pieces about the sexiness of characters? Respectfully not gonna read all of that.

As for the topic at hand, I just hope we get a remaster of MK1 music. Those tracks are iconic, and even though MK9 remastered some of them, they skipped over a lot.
I can but dream...

Mk9kevin

Sareena for MK11!
I can but dream...

I wish we had more cool remasters like that on YouTube. MK1-MK3 soundtrack rules!! If we ever reach the MK3 era again, they need to go back to that gothic feel. MK9-MK11 focuses too much on the action. Give me some of this again!

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
I haven't kept up with rumors/leaks. Are we positive this is a fighter and not a Shaolin Monks type game?

Afumba

Noob
I really want a big bad female character... like with the characteristics of Kano and the physique between Birdie and Honda... she would ofc wear a skirt and something belly free or make it a bikini. Lol

we have fat guys, why cant we have fat girls!
:D

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
I haven't kept up with rumors/leaks. Are we positive this is a fighter and not a Shaolin Monks type game?
As far as everyone knows, it's anyone's guess. However, personally I think it's going to be a fighter, would be too much of a risk to launch a Shaolin Monks 2 for Warner right know, given their recent financial story.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Well as I mentioned in my previous larger post, I'm personally not striving for strippers, I simply want quality aesthetic designs that make the characters look good, compliment their role and make visual sense.

This is awesome:

View attachment 18975

This is awful (and seriously, what is this skin?):

View attachment 18976
This is exactly what I'm saying!!!

Not "strippers or hot garbage" like wtf lmfao

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
At the end of the day I don't care how much skin they show or don't show. I just don't want NRS obsessing over being PC when they shouldn't have to be. People will always find something to bitch about regardless of what they do. People bitched because Cassie and Jacqui have non-binary, LGBTQ+ colored outfits.

It's not like we have a whole lot to talk about right now anyway though. Mainly just trying to pass the time until we get some information.
I just find it mind-boggling that the people who are partially responsible for the US to create the ESRB are now acting as if walking on eggshells.

I guess the word I'm looking for is ... disappointing.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior

Skarlet's best skin by far. Too bad they couldn't let Cassie have her version of this from MKX.

oh wait, sorry, I'm not allowed to like those kind of skins for characters cause it's only STRIPPER OR ITS GARBAGE :rolleyes:

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
See, this is why people love Capcom - they're unapologetic in their fan service, woke mob be damned.

Although they did feel they had to censor Mika's intro in SFV.
Koei Tecmo/Team Ninja who were notorious for over a decade toned it down in Dead or Alive 6 after backlash in North America for Dead or Alive 5 then they made Dead or Alive: Xtreme 3 & made it that you have to be from Southeast Asia to get it, use a VPN or import it from Japan because they dialed the fan service up to 11 & didn't want to censor it or deal with the backlash.

Last edited:

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Overall I thought the characters in MK11 were much better done than MK9, especially the female characters. There was a notable attempt to actually build real characters and not just flimsy pinup girl material like in MK9.

That being said, they probably went a bit too far in turning down the sexiness to 0, so there's room to dial it back the other way a bit.