What's new

Looks like we are rebooting the series (next MK game teaser trailer)

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
But in all seriousness, the video starting at the 45 minute mark (9 on the clock) is a clear reference to the Warner Bros games era (MK2011, MKX and MK11).

The tick going directly to 1 makes me think they might not call the game Mortal Kombat 12 but rather something else. It also makes me think the new timeline will serve as a "reboot" (gosh I hate this...) of the franchise as in the first Mortal Kombat ever, maybe? Remember that in the end of Liu Kang's version of Aftermath he talks to the original Kung Lao.

I just hope they don't call it something bland like Mortal Kombat: Timelines...

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
But in all seriousness, the video starting at the 45 minute mark (9 on the clock) is a clear reference to the Warner Bros games era (MK2011, MKX and MK11).

The tick going directly to 1 makes me think they might not call the game Mortal Kombat 12 but rather something else. It also makes me think the new timeline will serve as a "reboot" (gosh I hate this...) of the franchise as in the first Mortal Kombat ever, maybe? Remember that in the end of Liu Kang's version of Aftermath he talks to the original Kung Lao.

I just hope they don't call it something bland like Mortal Kombat: Timelines...
Mortal Kombat: Alpha

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Hoo boi. Gunna be a rather.. fun.. response online if they go the MK3 / SF3 route of 90%+ of the roster being entirely new. We'll see how it goes.
I really hope they don't dude I would RAGE lmao

But technically speaking, I think like people said here, a tournament in another 'universe' would make more sense. So if LK is the Elder God, then someone else is going to be champion etc., so probably same chars just diff roles.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Reflection on the clock has a lot of space/galaxies, and then as the second hand nears the 11 there appears to be some kind of explosion. Might mean something, might mean nothing at all.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Reflection on the clock has a lot of space/galaxies, and then as the second hand nears the 11 there appears to be some kind of explosion. Might mean something, might mean nothing at all.
Yeah, defo a universe reset, or the creation of multiple multiverses.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I think it’s more possible the first few chapters of the story mode take place during the time of the Great Kung Lao, while the rest of the game is a retelling of MK1.

I just think it’s way too risky to pull a SF3 and leave out the majority of fan favorites for brand new characters.