What's new

Video/Tutorial - Dragons Fire Liu Kang Pseudo block infinite explained

Is there a single Liu Kang player that disagrees that this should be normalized?

I don't think that there is. So, it's sort of annoying seeing people calling the LK community ignorant downplayers, etc when at the very least the vast majority of us agree that it's broken.

This is dumb if all that is said was true and clearly needs to be fixed.

xXxNasHxXx

Mighty Champion of EarthRealm
Is there a single Liu Kang player that disagrees that this should be normalized?

I don't think that there is. So, it's sort of annoying seeing people calling the LK community ignorant downplayers, etc when at the very least the vast majority of us agree that it's broken.

This is dumb if all that is said was true and clearly needs to be fixed.
Actually they want d3 to be -10, flying kick mb to be -20 on block, fireball run cancels to be -12, and b1 to have 17 frames startup and if they get all these nerfs they'll be asking for nerfs like bicycle kick mb overhead to be -56 on block and b2 overhead should hit high rather than overhead just because his playstyle is not 50-50s its pressure.

Bar_Bar13

Friendly Neighborhood Spectre
The run cancels are even more fucked up, they're true blockstrings so you can't even armor out, and you still build a bar to continue it

The run cancels are even more fucked up, they're true blockstrings so you can't even armor out, and you still build a bar to continue it
No. There is far more involved than just the run cancels in building a bar and continuing it and the problem isn't even inherently with the run cancels.

If the witch hunt wants the run cancels so be it. But don't mess my character up by overnerfing like they did HF

Last edited:

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Doesn't it though? He wasn't obliged to share his opinion and could've been like every other fuckboi hiding under the sheep's clothing until NRS gives the green light that there will be no more major patches. Me and many other of the guys in the UK scene have played multiple sets against his Liu offline, and let me tell you, he's done well to prove his point, nor is there the metagame to it that LordoftheFly is trying to sell.

And listen, LOTF doesn't even play Dragon's Fire and will have you believe any kind of single digit frame link isn't practical. Throw down the gauntlet? The way he's going, he couldn't throw his way out of a paper bag. With all that said, I think Phos is entitled to respond however he wants.
Says who? I play all variations of kang.

And stop saying fukboi. Lol

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
@Tom Brady

Its really not that big a deal everyone. The dash cancels are only an issue if you don't have meter and thats on YOU not liu kang. Everyone starts with a bar. It is still good...I'm not saying its not. But its not even on par with other pressure IMO that leads to full combo. Tanya, for one, may have more holes but her pressure leads to a 30% standing reset if you take the hit where liu kangs knocks you away if you take the hit.
How can you attempt to justify and downplay this? Everybody starts with a bar? Can we not pretend that 1. It's hard to corner people in MKX and 2. That no one will ever be short of a bar?

In the corner, this is completely broken. Even with armour, some characters can not escape it. How is that fair?

How can you attempt to justify and downplay this? Everybody starts with a bar? Can we not pretend that 1. It's hard to corner people in MKX and 2. That no one will ever be short of a bar?

In the corner, this is completely broken. Even with armour, some characters can not escape it. How is that fair?
I'm with this one actually. No one should have a block infinite which requires armor to be escaped. Something tells me that Liu isn't the only one that has one though.

Bar_Bar13

Friendly Neighborhood Spectre
p
You know better than that. What you did is not execution heavy and that is never what any kang player was talking about when they said execution heavy.

Do f44 fbrc f44 bk 5 times in a row and video that please.

Do f213 fbrc 3 times with reversal armor on please.

Do iafb conbos in the corner please.

Don't be an ass please.
Are those really high execution? Cause I spent 5 minutes in training mode and can consistently hit those. Not being an ass, just adding input.

Koor

Hot Gyahbage
Is the game so screwed up that a character having this level of pressure is considered "Fine"? Really? REALLY?

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
I guess but they have to be

1) in the corner
and
2) have no meter

I think that is too many conditions to warrant a nerf in a game where you almost always have meter. It makes meter management important and that is a good thing imo.
There should be no scenario in the game where it's ok to have a block infinite. We can't scream nerf to characters who just simply had too many powerful moves (Kung Jin, Raiden, Erron Black, ect.) and then justify scenarios where some characters literally have no option but to die.

Always have meter? This isn't Injustice. You break you typically have no meter and are very immobile and it's not hard for them to get back in. We saw it first-hand in tourney when MIT took Raiden and just did f12 over and over against Pig's Kenshi in the corner. Which brings up another point of it being unfair that Raiden essentially had the same thing but it was nerfed. But it's somehow ok for Liu Kang to have? This doesn't make sense.

Eminent

Forum Lurker
Tom was saying that it takes a frame longer to do anything from crouch block. How do we know that is true?
Is there a well known example? And are reversals affected by this too or just normals?

Slips

Tom was saying that it takes a frame longer to do anything from crouch block. How do we know that is true?
Is there a well known example? And are reversals affected by this too or just normals?
This is move dependent. There are situations where it's more advantageous to block standing and situations where it's more advantageous to block crouching.

Eminent

Forum Lurker
This is move dependent. There are situations where it's more advantageous to block standing and situations where it's more advantageous to block crouching.
Okay. So it doesn't take a frame to stand up or anything right? It's just if the attack hits meatier on a crouching opponent.

Slips

Okay. So it doesn't take a frame to stand up or anything right? It's just if the attack hits meatier on a crouching opponent.
It just depends on what you wanna do after you block their move. If you block something crouching and you wanna do a low poke, then no it's not gonna take you an extra frame to get that low poke out. If you wanna do something standing, then yea it'll probably take an extra frame.

And vice versa if you block something standing and want to do a crouch move, it'll probably take an extra frame whereas if you block something standing and want to do a standing move it probably won't.

Tom made a video where it's advantageous to block some things standing and then there are scenarios like Takeda's pressure where's it's advantageous to block some things crouching.

EDIT: So to answer your question directly, yes it takes a frame to stand up.

@AK L0rdoftheFLY you are the fucking man!!!

Also i feel that liu's DASH cancels should be negative but leave RUN cancels alone because being plus is what they were designed for.

Same with a list johnny
Same with swarm queen dvorah
Tremor and Tanya.

Nerfing RUN cancels are stupid.

But i do agree that ALL dash cancels should be negative. Do not touch anything else

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
There should be no scenario in the game where it's ok to have a block infinite. We can't scream nerf to characters who just simply had too many powerful moves (Kung Jin, Raiden, Erron Black, ect.) and then justify scenarios where some characters literally have no option but to die.

Always have meter? This isn't Injustice. You break you typically have no meter and are very immobile and it's not hard for them to get back in. We saw it first-hand in tourney when MIT took Raiden and just did f12 over and over against Pig's Kenshi in the corner. Which brings up another point of it being unfair that Raiden essentially had the same thing but it was nerfed. But it's somehow ok for Liu Kang to have? This doesn't make sense.
So much this.

Eminent

Forum Lurker
So I was testing this out on my own. It looks to me that if the Liu Kang's execution is perfect, a 6 frame move doesn't even get you out. Notice she is set to stand block and it's also a reversal. As you can see from a few failed attempts this is extremely tight.

Little sloppy, but proves it's possible. This cancel is probably +5 or +6 on block. A perfectly timed 6f poke will lose to perfectly timed f213 dc f213

Last edited:

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
What the....

This should have been addressed a long time ago, but sadly there's never Liu Kang in top 8 so the general population really don't know about this. He might sneak by with this throughout the patches. This block infinite is retarded.
A Wild Forever King has appeared.

This thread just became Hollywood.
I'm loving it.