What's new

Video/Tutorial - Dragons Fire Liu Kang Pseudo block infinite explained

SonicFox5000

The Best.
Dont know why this is still up for debate.
Infinites and Block infinites are not just in fighting game tourneys. Its different if only slow characters are forced to hold a block infinite (Pre patch raiden vs kenshi LMFAO) but this character does this to the whole cast. Dragon fire Liu Kang should be banned until a new patch/ hotfix is released. Theres no "oh you better have meter" to justify this because most characters get bodied armoring out anyway, and meter is limited. If you can just run up and block infinite somebody at any given moment, im sorry, but that has to be banned. Period.

There are a lot of instances where people dont have meter in this game. I have to burn a bar to get a full combo off of one of my main launchers and I have to challenge my opponent with an armored move to make them respect my pressure. Oh silly me for burning that bar to get my bnb or guessing wrong once.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
@AK L0rdoftheFLY you used to be cool man.
As your former KTF co-host, I must insist the downplaying cease immediately!
Infinites and Block infinites are not just in fighting game tourneys. Its different if only slow characters are forced to hold a block infinite (Pre patch raiden vs kenshi LMFAO) but this character does this to the whole cast. Dragon fire Liu Kang should be banned until a new patch/ hotfix is released. Theres no "oh you better have meter" to justify this because most characters get bodied armoring out anyway, and meter is limited. If you can just run up and block infinite somebody at any given moment, im sorry, but that has to be banned. Period.
Apparently I'm outgunned. I wave my white flag in surrender.

And I still am cool. :cool:

RagingRicans

NetBattles
It's been known in the game for months and now it needs to be banned? Why didn't we ban Raiden or HellFire scorpion? When you get stuck in the corner against sub zero with no meter you're basically in a SOL situatio as well. Not having meter against alot of characters spell death. that's just the games design.Knee jerk reaction?

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Banned? No, it's obvious if someone is doing a F213 FBDC loop so just ban that(for now) and let the Dragon Fire rock. He's still crazy with F44 FBRCs in their current state but nothing is a block infinite so I guess it'll be fine, imminent patch is imminent.

@AK L0rdoftheFLY bro you just rekt.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
When you get stuck in the corner against sub zero with no meter you're basically in a SOL situatio as well.
I'm just tired of seeing people claim shit like this... how the fuck did you come to that conclusion when the klone can be nullified for no meter by almost the entire cast... you can jump kick. jump punch and poke through it... WHAT MORE DO YOU SCRUBS WANT????

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
It's been known in the game for months and now it needs to be banned? Why didn't we ban Raiden or HellFire scorpion? When you get stuck in the corner against sub zero with no meter you're basically in a SOL situatio as well. Not having meter against alot of characters spell death. that's just the games design.Knee jerk reaction?
Nobody knew how advantageous this was until very recently.

Btw, none of those characters you described had anything like this in their arsenal in any version of the game. Explain.

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
you're comparing apples to oranges . having to use a bar to potentially get out of liu kang's block infinite is nowhere near the same thing as being stuck in the corner against sub zero where you have way more options besides using armour to get out.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Nobody knew how advantageous this was until very recently.

Btw, none of those characters you described had anything like this in their arsenal in any version of the game. Explain.
I always knew how advantageous it was, I just test my frame traps against SZ and Kano's backdash lmao.

And Scorpion did have an exact copy of this back when his 2 was a mid, jussaiyan.

RagingRicans

NetBattles
I'm just tired of seeing people claim shit like this... how the fuck did you come to that conclusion when the klone can be nullified for no meter by almost the entire cast... you can jump kick. jump punch and poke through it... WHAT MORE DO YOU SCRUBS WANT????
Why are you getting so mad? I play sub zero myself and know what the enemies options are. Yeah, those characters aren't as extreme as Lk but banning him is too much. Hellfires block string was pretty dumb and no ban was called on him.Meter is an important resource just got to use it differently against him.

P.s I would body you until no tomorrow, so be careful rvb

Last edited:

STRYKIE

I always knew how advantageous it was, I just test my frame traps against SZ and Kano's backdash lmao.

And Scorpion did have an exact copy of this back when his 2 was a mid, jussaiyan.
Scorpion's standing 2 has never been a mid...

Scorpion 214 fbdc was actually more plus than lk
Old 214 FBDC with Hellfire Scorpion was +5, and started from a high.

From this video, we know that F213 FBDC is at least +6, as F2 was able to stuff Cassie's flipkick from an imperfect cancel after it.

#DragonsFireBeingAPoorMansHellfireStillABill

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
Why are you getting so mad. I play sub zero myself and know what the enemies options are.

P.s I would body you until no tomorrow, so be careful rvb
If you know what options there are to use against SZ then I'll ask you again how did you come to the conclusion that if you're trapped with no meter in the corner vs SZ... then it's lost cause.
You have no clue what you're talking about and even worse you try and propagate that to others.

ALSO... what is it with scrubs that issue challenges and stupid threats like "I'll body you" when someone disputes the idiotic statements they make???

BUT ENOUGH OFF TOPIC... this thread is not about SZ and I don't want to turn this into a drama fest

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Interesting how you start playing predator who can't get out of this and suddenly you want a ban..... Lol jk. Imo no character should be block infinited ever. Just dumb game design

RM_Gamer

Noob

From this video, we know that F213 FBDC is at least +6, as F2 was able to stuff Cassie's flipkick from an imperfect cancel after it.

Nvm I thought it was +4 when done perfectly. Good talk sir

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash

Pretty sure that it was patched from being a mid to high, in one of the patches(87.2% sure).

I would pull up WB's patch notes, but there website won't fuking load.

STRYKIE

Pretty sure that it was patched from being a mid to high, in one of the patches(87.2% sure).

I would pull up WB's patch notes, but there website won't fuking load.
Actually, I was checking out vanilla on an unpatched console a few days ago (RIP armor on EX teleport any time and 40% meterless Inferno BNBs
) and it still was definitely a high. It's probably just cause it looks like a mid. I don't think it matters anyway, shit has janky range.