What's new

General/Other - Dualist Liu Kang: Dualist General Discussion

Hey guys, everyone is aware that f213 dd1 can be back-dashed and if u follow with another f213, the 3 hits giving Liu the opportunity cancel. BBBBBUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTT what about double back-dash??? :( I only tested this against kotal and it equals death for Liu. Kotal can just f2 after the back-dashing and get his 44% 1bar. Sadly Dualist is not as strong as we all thing:(. I believe dualist's power lies in the corner(its demonic in the corner).

I have played a lot of people online that know they can back-dash but for some reasons they only try it once in a match. Also u can read the back-dash, run and 113. Dualist doesn't always guarantee pressure, Its sometimes based on reads.
If you predict a backdash you have two good options to catch it. Then one safe option. You can use orbs or his light fireball to catch the back dash.

Also guys, from full screen ex light fireball into dragon kick is a true block string :D:eek:

AssassiN

Noob
Spent a little bit in training mode, still don't fully understand how you start his pressure except for Stance Switches. But you might as well play FF or DF if you rely on stance switch pressure.

Hopefully the buffs will be good.

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
Spent a little bit in training mode, still don't fully understand how you start his pressure except for Stance Switches. But you might as well play FF or DF if you rely on stance switch pressure.

The thing is: DD1 in Dualist doesn't need meter for pressure as Flame Fist does and Dualist doesn't need stamina and hardcore execution to create pressure with DD1. For some people it might be just perfect character to play, who wants to do cool stuff, but without breaking their fingers.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.

F213 SS into either b12 (on a read of a button press), f2 staggers, f1, 1 series staggers. It's harder midscreen but in the corner his ex projectiles work much better for pressure. Meaning you mix in the SS, staggers and ex projectiles. As well as d3. He's boss in the corner. Gets good damage off of b12, f213 back fist which is great because of his plus string, and in light stance gets great damage off of f44.

The ex dark orb in the corner is somewhat of a bill, but lets all keep quiet about that one...

I don't want f213 dd1 f213 to be a block-string. That would be broken.

Last night, I found out that 2 back 2 guarantees an orb setup against any wake up in the game even in the corner. b2 from 2 b2 whiffs sometimes.

Combo. 113, b 34, b 12, fbf 4, 2 b2. orb setup.

Last edited:

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
Recently I made a kombo video how to juggle into Yin buff lvl1, unfortunately it is almost impossible to do midscreen on opponent that moves, but in the corner it is a possible set up.

This is why I was talking about EX Yin charge that Dualist needs in order to get Yin buff lvl3 instantly. Just imagine the damage that can come out of it and you will get your pressure game on wake up by placing instantly blowing normal red orbs thanks to the buff.

I'm very excited about Dualist upcoming buffs and I hope EX Yin charge will be a real thing.