What's new

General/Other - Dualist Liu Kang: Dualist General Discussion

Me Vs @Bruno-NeoSpace:

Neospace(He has a youtube channel @ Bruno - NeoSpace) is hands down the best dualist Liu I have played against excluding very hard AI (lol :p). I had a lot of combo drops, bad decisions and mistake but I will blame that on my wireless connection and the time I played this match(same as Neo). I couldn't even get a bnb combo and had trouble with my frame traps. I was caught pressing buttons. But above all, I love Neo's dualist.

Am sorry i couldn't cut out the chat's due to my laziness. Neospace also has the best possessed kenshi i have ever played(he is probably pig's son :) )

I used to main Dragon Fire Liu but i switched to dualist. It has been a very hard change. All hail fbc's and iafb's.

You can stop watching at 29:27. was lazy to cut the remaining out.

Thanks for watching.

Last edited:

Mpizz10

Liu Kang and The Flash mains
Anyone ever heard of Mighty Guy or Mighty Boy I forget his gamer tag but hitbox godspeed was showcasing him against some great players and he mains dualist. He didn't lose a match was really impressive

Mpizz10

Liu Kang and The Flash mains
What do you think of him? The thing that impressed me was he was winning against some pretty bad mus like ermac and sub. Also you think dualist is gonna be seeing some buffs next patch? I feel like so many have been saying nerf that blocksting dualist might get shafted

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
God I'm terrified that NRS are going to nerf the F213 string because of Dragon's Fire and forget that it will wreck Dualist's pressure :(

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
God I'm terrified that NRS are going to nerf the F213 string because of Dragon's Fire and forget that it will wreck Dualist's pressure :(
I'm fairly certain that only the DCs, B12 FBRC, and F44 FBRCs would be changed. I asked PPJ back in June if he knew about Dragon's Fire being absurdly plus on nearly every FBRC and he said it was intended to be that way(from what I remember).

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
Hey dont know if anyone thought of this but if dualist gets buff one buff could be that his dark orbs absorb projectiles

haketh

Noob
I'm fairly certain that only the DCs, B12 FBRC, and F44 FBRCs would be changed. I asked PPJ back in June if he knew about Dragon's Fire being absurdly plus on nearly every FBRC and he said it was intended to be that way(from what I remember).
I really wish Variations changed dash & movement options so their would be a better chance of things like the B12 Dash Cancel can get adjusted without fucking over FF & Dualist

XBlades

To Achieve, You must Believe
little do people know that you can actually back dash after change stance after f213.... good luck dualist.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
The problem is that b12 ends his pressure. Most of his pressure gives the opponent holes to get out anyways if they know the MU. When people play patient and wait for the right moment, they can get out.

The best thing about Dualist is the sheer amount of meter he gets while pressuring. ITs probably better than both FF and DF.

dd1 builds meter
orb build meter
orb cancel builds meter
block pressure builds meter

If you look at in on paper...that can make him scary as he doesn't need to be afraid to use meter. When I play @Pig Of The Hut or @AK XEN0M0RPH I realize how hard dualist is to use. DF is so much more viable simply to the upgrade he gets to footsies and zoning with low fireball.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
The problem is that b12 ends his pressure. Most of his pressure gives the opponent holes to get out anyways if they know the MU. When people play patient and wait for the right moment, they can get out.

The best thing about Dualist is the sheer amount of meter he gets while pressuring. ITs probably better than both FF and DF.

dd1 builds meter
orb build meter
orb cancel builds meter

If you look at in on paper...that can make him scary as he doesn't need to be afraid to use meter. When I play @Pig Of The Hut or @AK XEN0M0RPH I realize how hard dualist is to use. DF is so much more viable simply to the upgrade he gets to footsies and zoning with low fireball.
B12 on block is similar to dragon's roar on block; it doesn't end pressure, it just creates a guessing game against most characters.

It is not a 'now i need to block' moment.

Edit: What I mean to say is: b12 on block doesn't end your 'turn'.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
B12 on block is similar to dragon's roar on block; it doesn't end pressure, it just creates a guessing game against most characters.

It is not a 'now i need to block' moment.
b12 into anything is armorable and if you stop after b12, you lose any frames. I suppose the guess you speak of is, "will they use a special for me to armor" or "will they block allowing me to go into a string or 50/50."

Either way, we still agree that DF is still better don't we? And even though Dualist may not be bad, when you compare tools to other characters, he is still on the mid to low end.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
b12 into anything is armorable and if you stop after b12, you lose any frames. I suppose the guess you speak of is, "will they use a special for me to armor" or "will they block allowing me to go into a string or 50/50."

Either way, we still agree that DF is still better don't we? And even though Dualist may not be bad, when you compare tools to other characters, he is still on the mid to low end.
b12 into special being armoured is part of the read though, as is the follow up poke/f12/backdash/armour. It does end his plus frames but it doesn't mean he has to give up his turn at this point.

And yes of course DF is better, but Dualist is only 'bad' because DF is so stupid.

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one

dd1 builds meter
orb build meter
orb cancel builds meter

Dualist is so bad with that orb

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Yea but to be fair Cassie's normals and reversal put her in a league of her own. He does, believe it or not, have a better time vs other cast.

F213 orb cancel gets blown up by reversal flip kick.
As does f213 sc b12 :(

Cassie is really tricky, at least against Lao you can punish his spin...

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one
Yea but to be fair Cassie's normals and reversal put her in a league of her own. He does, believe it or not, have a better time vs other cast.

F213 orb cancel gets blown up by reversal flip kick.
I was thinking of how you try to set up orbs outside of my b1 range and and how I can do IAG to make it so you cant stop it. Yea cassie is great.