What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang Liu Kang Dragon's Fire & Flame Fist General Discussion

"Death will reveal the truth."

Update: 04/18th/2015 – This is now the General Discussion thread for the Dragon's Fire and Flame Fist variations.

Discuss tech, strategies and just about anything regarding Liu Kang here; including, but not limited to, what amusing nicknames to give him, whether or not he should've been a zombie, and how much more influence he can get from Mr. Bruce Lee.

This post will be updated from time to time with links to important threads, current information, good video guides and other things of the sort as they come. (For Dualist, too!)

----[ General ]----

Better Combo Thread by Derptile.
Current Special-Cancel Advantage For Liu Kang Across All Variations, (October 2016.)
Liu Kang Video Thread.
Guide to spelling "Liu Kang".

----[ Dragon's Fire ]----

Post-patch FBRC Frame Data.
Fireball Cancel Tutorial Video.
Unbreakable Damage Technique.
How to Instant-Air Fireball Video Tutorial, by GreatKungLao. (Done on PS4 pad.)

----[ Flame Fist ]----

A Guide For Flame Fist by Percimon.
How to cancel Shaolin Flame into Windmill Punch Video Tutorial by GreatKungLao.
Flame Fist Starter Combos For Beginners.

----[ Dualist ]----

Dualist Bread 'n Butter Tutorial Video.
Dualist Practical Setups Compilation.
Dualist Guide by FOREVER EL1TE. [Updated March 20th, 2016]
Video: Soul Sphere Setup Combos.
Tech: Unblockable Dark Sphere Setups.
Tech: Dark Sphere Anti-Wakeup Setup.
Dualist General Discussion.
Dualist Technical Information. (Cancel Advantage, Frame Data, Bugs.) [OUTDATED]

Last edited:

Roz

"You will not be remembered."
Any tips? I tried his dragon fist variation and I couldn't really flow with it, but then again I literally just got it. Which of his variations deal the most damage?

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The frame data for f1 is wrong. The move is not 10 frames, it is either 5 or 6 frames.

I've yet to determine if a string that is -5 on block can be punished by a 5 frame move.

RiverHB

Noob
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The frame data for f1 is wrong. The move is not 10 frames, it is either 5 or 6 frames.

I've yet to determine if a string that is -5 on block can be punished by a 5 frame move.
Tom Brady said there is a 1 frame delay from blocking. so the opponent would have to be at -6 to get punished by a 5f move

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Tom Brady said there is a 1 frame delay from blocking. so the opponent would have to be at -6 to get punished by a 5f move
He is right. But there are other untruths in the frame data i.e. f123 is suppose to be neutral on block but it's negative.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
He has frane traps?
I dont understand MK frame data. Seems different from other games. But im no expert.
Anyone can tell me what they are? I love frame trap characters :)

Ayane

Noob
Yes he has frame traps. Basically some of his strings/normals end with him being +1 and his attacks are fast enough to try another string where the guessing game/neutral would be in his favor.

XBlades

To Achieve, You must Believe
F213 into ex fist is safe on block. I believe f213 is probably the best combo that be cancelled into variations i.e yin cancels shaolin fist and fireball cancels

XAlcarazX

"Death will reveal the truth"
Has any one figured out a good AA move for liu besides D2, imo he seems to be lacking in that area. always get blowed up in the air

Reauxbot

But with the in game frame being wrong i dont even know what the possibilites are really are. And im not really a high knowledged lab monster. I will do the work myself if the info given is accurate. This is the first MK ive taken serious beyond just story and playing with IRL friends. So im just asking where to find the right frames for the right strings.
Or how to properly figure it out in the training room. Ive akways been curious how the high level guys like T.Brady always know.

Reauxbot

Has any one figured out a good AA move for liu besides D2, imo he seems to be lacking in that area. always get blowed up in the air
Have you tried the parry? I may experiment with it when im off work to see if it counters as other parrys in other games do i.e Hisako

XAlcarazX

"Death will reveal the truth"
Have you tried the parry? I may experiment with it when im off work to see if it counters as other parrys in other games do i.e Hisako
I wouldn't know haven't really messed around in that variation, hate losing BK for BP which is full combo punish on block

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
For anyone curious, Liu Kangs Tournament alternate is in Kahn's Stronghold (1, 11), in the Krypt.

How/where do I get Revenant Liu Kang?

EDIT: And the Dark Emperor alt? I need these, but not even the internet knows at this point in time.

Last edited:

ZOOM

Noob
Guys. i believe the frame data for f21 on block is wrong. I think it is +1. and not nuetral, and if his moves are nuetral, that makes his nuetral game +1 due to 5 frame start up unless it whiffs on crouch.