What's new

Video/Tutorial - Dragons Fire Liu Kang's Fireball Cancel

Liu Kang's Fireball Cancel Tutorial:

I worked pretty hard on this video so feel free to check it out.

For me, when I first began practicing Liu Kang I didn't know this existed and I damn sure didn't know how to do this.

Well this short tutorial will get anyone who is new to Liu ready and whoopin' ass in no time.

Instead of having to dig through unorganized post after unorganized post here is most of what you need to know about FBC aka Liu Kang's bae.

Last edited:

Virtus

Noob
Thanks for posting!

Which other strings allow you to DF cancel?
And I'm assuming the same methodology applies to Liu Kang Dualist for when you want to cancel out of Yin stance for the same benefit.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
This is what I've been waiting for. Igau cyborg was my main his cancels were my style. Been wanting to learn Liu kang but those run cancels held me back. But you are a godsend thanks dude!

Thanks for posting!

Which other strings allow you to DF cancel?
And I'm assuming the same methodology applies to Liu Kang Dualist for when you want to cancel out of Yin stance for the same benefit.
Well, in the video i mentioned, f44, and 112 within a combo, I imagine there are others, but honestly the most important one is the block string F213 as there IS NOT a better option. As far as the f44 on hit fireball cancel into f44, this is your best combo option however it is veeeery difficult and I don't really use it much since the damage change is so minimal and the chance of dropping is high. With that said you can always just db2 if you find that you gave your opponent a chance to block.

As far as I know the same methods apply to dualist. Note that stance changes can only be done once per block string or else it would create a block infinite.

9_Lives

Noob
Glad I came here first. I was just about to post the delayed b1,2 breaking armor on the other guide only to find it was already known. Very good vid man.

Glad I came here first. I was just about to post the delayed b1,2 breaking armor on the other guide only to find it was already known. Very good vid man.
Thanks man. B1,2 is so amazing!!! I make my opponents so afraid to use armor all the time and as a result I can keep them in the corner.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
i always thought i had to dash out forgetting that it is a run cancel. I was so used to fadc in street fighter ^^
Thanks for this epic tutorial now i will finally have some progress with liu kang :DOGE

Euph0nic

Purple Glowy Stuff
wtf, why are you all flipping the fuck out over cancels? im so confused, are every single one of you brand new or something?

you're gonna eat some serious uppercuts.

Edit: Toasty.

Train

Noob
guys.. how much + frames are:

b12 FRC
F213 FRC
F44 FRC
112 FRC

those 4 strings are best canceling strings.