What's new

Literally, who's dumb idea was Towers Of Time?

Agreed! Multiverse in Injustice was super fun and I played it a lot! Like, a lot! I loved it!

But the Towers of Time are literally the worst thing I have ever experienced. I finish one tower and I don’t wanna play it ever again - but the thing is: I need to complete 3 more to get the rewards I want. It. Is. So. Annoying.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
So actually the easiest way of obtaining certain things and progressing is... NOT TO PLAY by yourself?!?! Holy shit! Someone from NRS needs to be fired...
Again, this is nothing new. I used to do towers in INJ2 with my AI loadout. Playing the towers myself is not fun and I can't be bothered to waste time dealing with asinine modifiers that just make me hate the game.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
If this was true, that'd be awesome and I would do it a lot for the koins.

However, the fact that I have to be around to hit continue ruins that entire idea for me. So I never do AI battle for anything. It's pointless. I gotta be there, so why would I not just play myself??
Because about 95% of the time, the AI can run through and destroy whatever you put in front of it with zero consumables. The 'point' is that you don't have to bash your head against hours of a poorly designed tower system just to change Liu Kangs headband from red to orange. I just get on my phone, or watch TV, and remember to hit x every once in a while.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
60? Is the overall viability crappy say you drop it? Lowest price per controller I have ever seen. or is it just a well priced Controller
It's a Hori pad lmao It's a quality product it's just no frills. There's no rumble, no analog sticks. It's just a D pad, stick layout buttons, and the turbo function. It's super light weight and comfortable in your hands once you get used to it. The only complaint I've ever had with them is that before you break them in that D-pad is SUPER stiff and rough on your thumbs. It's 60 bucks of absolute value for pads lol

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
I gotta be honest. Ya'll can argue it's "technical skill" as much as you want.

Injustice 1 was my peak of fun from an NRS game.

An amazing roster. Fan favorite DLC. SKINS. SIMPLE AND NICE SKINS. Diverse too! I thought Star Labs was fun outside of trying to platinum it.

That game was a blast and one I barely had complaints with.

The more I play this game, outside of the actual combat, the more I'm annoyed with the greedy, tedious, and unfun grindy shit they included.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Because about 95% of the time, the AI can run through and destroy whatever you put in front of it with zero consumables. The 'point' is that you don't have to bash your head against hours of a poorly designed tower system just to change Liu Kangs headband from red to orange. I just get on my phone, or watch TV, and remember to hit x every once in a while.
Time that would be better spent gaining character and matchup knowledge. Again, if I have to be there, I should be playing myself vs other players.

The entire idea of letting the AI grind for you should be for things like, oh... I need a shower let's let the cpu run matches while I'm gone. Gonna go make some food, make a pizza run, etc ... let the AI grind for you while gone. But you can't unless you have a fancy controller all because you have to hit continue. It should just auto click continue until you press a button to interrupt it.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
I agree with the thread owner. The difficulty of many of these towers is just too damn much. I fought a tower last night called "Silent but deadly" where the opponents had what looked like three times my health while at the same time were on an insanely high difficulty level. To add insult to injury, the CPU had the "Elder Gas" consumable active which fired off Bo Rai Cho's farts that sunned you for a good 6 seconds while the CPU took it's time to walk over to you and combo the shit out of you for good chunks of damage. The gas was fired off at regular intervals so you had to gauge just how long of a combo to use on the CPU if you were able to land it or else, you were screwed. The CPU would often grab you and then you got hit with the gas for some cheesy ass setups. It was horrible.

To top it all off, I found out that as an arcade stick user the Towers of Time are off limits since you cannot trigger your consumables without the use of the Right Thumb-stick. What a fucking rude awakening for me and other arcade stick users. The developers could have at least given us a two button shortcut to trigger the consumables. After switching to a control pad and spending over 3 hours on that damn tower, I finally beat Erron Black against all odds. What did I get for all my efforts? A message stating that the tower that I fought so hard to win was no longer available.

WTF??!!

NRS, if you are listening, you are set to lose a huge chunk of your player base, the casuals. If they have to contend with this and the Expensive Krypt just to unlock cool shit for their favorite characters, they will choose not to play your game. I refuse to go through that ever again unless they patch the game and lower the difficulty. I usually like a challenge but this goes well beyond what one would consider to be a challenge. This is downright unfair. The game is supposed to be fun. Currently, the single player modes are not fun.

LeoMK29

Noob
I can’t imagine how the casual players feel about these towers. Like what a perfect way to not get them to play. And by casual I mean the average person who is not as invested as were are. Just random people who decided to try mk out.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
The most hilarious thing about the Towers is that they're listed (Mostly) as "Medium" difficulty lol... Like I can beat them but, Medium, NRS? Maybe for the first fight of the tower, but by the end make no mistake, the last fights are probably Hard or Very Hard. Plus ridiculously fast cooldown on the modifiers/assist for the AI.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Time that would be better spent gaining character and matchup knowledge. Again, if I have to be there, I should be playing myself vs other players.

The entire idea of letting the AI grind for you should be for things like, oh... I need a shower let's let the cpu run matches while I'm gone. Gonna go make some food, make a pizza run, etc ... let the AI grind for you while gone. But you can't unless you have a fancy controller all because you have to hit continue. It should just auto click continue until you press a button to interrupt it.
But you aren't 'playing against other players', you're playing against the CPU with intentionally ridiculous unbalanced tower modifiers for the sole purpose of unlocking customization skins. I mean if your primary focus when sitting down to play is for self-improvement as a competitor then why would you be in the Towers of Time in the first place? Those two goals are in direct contradiction with one another.

well I'm on the 50k tower for kotal skin and the requirements are 75 fatalities, then after that 75 brutalities both by using kotal
it's doable, but gonna take a while
the Jacquie tower is impossible for me btw, takeda missiles are unstoppable and the damage over time from that carries on to round 2

ATIWAB

Noob
the Jacquie tower is impossible for me btw, takeda missiles are unstoppable and the damage over time from that carries on to round 2
I did it as Noob just by watching the timer on the Takeda missiles and immediately using tele every time they were up since they pretty much come out on cool down. Tele gets inside the angle they fall at so they never hit me on the third or fourth attempt. The Kung Lao one is duckable.

I did it as Noob just by watching the timer on the Takeda missiles and immediately using tele every time they were up since they pretty much come out on cool down. Tele gets inside the angle they fall at so they never hit me on the third or fourth attempt. The Kung Lao one is duckable.
weird
mine didn't show the timer
same with the stun arrows and the random Cassie
they didn't show the cooldown

ATIWAB

Noob
weird
mine didn't show the timer
same with the stun arrows and the random Cassie
they didn't show the cooldown
It's the boxes underneath Jacqui's HP. They turn red when used and then slowly fill back up yellow, when the yellow is full it looks normal and it's off cool down. Same as konsumables you use.

It's the boxes underneath Jacqui's HP. They turn red when used and then slowly fill back up yellow, when the yellow is full it looks normal and it's off cool down. Same as konsumables you use.
that's what I'm saying, it didn't turn red at all
all three of them are yellow all the time

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
But you aren't 'playing against other players', you're playing against the CPU with intentionally ridiculous unbalanced tower modifiers for the sole purpose of unlocking customization skins. I mean if your primary focus when sitting down to play is for self-improvement as a competitor then why would you be in the Towers of Time in the first place? Those two goals are in direct contradiction with one another.
Which is exactly why you shouldn't need to hit continue. AKA I'm not gonna be there, so I'm not playing to level up. Thus, AI grinding would be awesome to help unlock currency for skins in modes I don't care about when I'm not around to play myself.

Not sure how that equates to me trying to play towers to level up or whatever. You're not making sense.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
Try fighting Cetrion on Medium level. I gave it my all, battered back...and found she had most of her bar left! Jade with Liu and fart gas was the worst. Extremely unfair!

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Are you all playing the same game I'me playing? Because the Towers of Time actually ARE NOT THAT HARD.

Yes they are challenging, and yes they are harder in comparison to the Living Towers in MKX and the Multiverse in IJ2, but they are not impossible like you guys make them look like. I have played some Towers myself and so far I've lost ONLY ONE MATCH IN THAT MODE, ONLY ONE (that was against Kano with the Laser modifier, which got updated to move differently and can only harm you but not Kano) and all other Towers I've played, I beat them without ANY LOSES. And the only other times I've lost in any kind of a tower was against Kronika in the Arcade mode at the Klassic Towers, and I've even defeated her with several characters without using any continue.

After playing the Living Towers and the Multiverse for so long I got the feel of what to do in the TOT's. I'm not saying there wouldn't be difficult matches at all, because even the Living Towers and Multiverse modes had there fair share of difficult matches/ladders, but to say that TOT's are impossible AS A WHOLE? In the words of Shao Khan, don't make me laugh!

Either you guys didn't play the Living Towers and/or Multiverse enough, or you just now started to play MK games.