What's new

Literally, who's dumb idea was Towers Of Time?

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
If I sound harsh, actually. I'm just taking it back now. I don't care. I no longer can care lol. I get why this game is getting shit on with the Krypt. I didn't touch Towers Of Time because I wasn't a big Multiverse person either but whatever, I saw a few skins I wanted and decided to check it out. It couldn't be that bad.

What in the dumb ass: stupid hard/damn near cheap ass AI is this?

What in the random difficulty curve is this?

What in the dumb ass unlockable, spammy hazards is this?

So, I get done it all. Whatever. I understood that it needs difficulty but I was under the assumption once I finished it, it'd be fine. I'd still get that skin I saw in the preview selection that I wanted. It's all good.

Oh, nope. Sorry. I have to do the three other character towers first. Three more doses of this trash. I might complete this and never touch it again. If you enjoy it, that's cool.

98Greener

Greenlord Memelord
I'm sure there's someone in the credits who's responsible for the Towers of Time. Quality Assurance probably didn't do jack shit either, it seems.

What I really wanna know is who thought the darkness punch ability was a good idea. Seriously. The frozen punches/aura is a big second offender.

The fights themselves are fine, even though some enemies have noticeably more health, which kinda screws with Fatal Blows. But certain modifiers are unfair. Worse, some are just not fun, like the one that takes off a third of your healthbar for doing special moves.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
Towers are not bad, difficulty is bullshit but playable. The worst thing is that CPU’s modifiers recharge instantly and some of them are fucking unblockables
Many players, who already have experience with fighting games, can't even grasp how frustrating most of those Towers are for beginners.

For many beginners (myself included at times), it's often hard enough to block the string of an opponent and then auto-muscle-memory-input the simplest combo. It just takes time and practice until that becomes second nature in a semi-realistic environment. I can do that shit all day in practice range against an idle AI, but once the opponent starts moving, jumping and god forbid actually attacking me, I forget everything I've learned. And then I have to deal with the bullshit of the Towers of Time on top of that. Bullshit, which experienced players complain about as well.

It's sooooooooo. Not. Fun. For all the wrong reasons.

Last edited:

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
heres my gripe:
The difficulty would make sense is the reward was insanely good, but most of the time it’s only one skin. And now, average players who get to play ToT to get their character’s skins and what not can’t reap the benefits of the patch if the tower comes after their character gets a featured tower

I am experiencing this rn with Kitana

Some of the modifier combinations make certain towers/fights literally impossible without the konsumables to nullify them. It's not great design.
I guess it is designed this way that you have to use Konsumables to win. If you need Konsumables you'll grind the game for them, you'll earn Koins for the Krypt to get them and so on and so on. That's my biggest issue with the whole thing: it is designed to keep you in the game by force instead of just being fun.

My first GTFO moment was that modifier when the opponent's punches pull you close and you can't get out of reach until you punched out (spacing, footsies, yeah!). Next time I went into it better prepared: with a 3 slot side kick modifier. I blocked and let the AI do the business with the strings, I landed a few punches, went back to blocking and call in for assist whenever I can. It was spamming basically. In the moment of victory I was glad for a second that it worked out but then it just felt so cheap. It's not fun, you can't practice kombos because you have to be aware of the AI modifiers or you're busy dying from some unblockable shit.

I said it so many times that even I feel like I'm a parrot but IGAU had the best single player konent in the NRS era. Heroes/Villains made sense because why would you want to beat up your allies? Kombo Heaven was a fun challenge, an actual fun challenge if you were skilled or a fan of kombos. Fully Charged was a great practice for kombos that always required more meter. And Full House was a much better Endless mode because if you beat it you could feel like a champ because you took out the whole cast. In Endless on the other hand, no matter what you do you'll always lose the last fight. I had no satisfaction in the end because I'm not the champ, I'm the one who's defeated.

In it's kurrent state I'll keep playing ToT until I'm done with the Krypt and selected Kharacter Towers then sayonara!

Last edited:

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I've been playing fighting games for 8 years and I couldn't complete the final fight of a tower to get a single skin. And that was the first and only skin I tried to get so far.

I don't want to imagine how it is for new fighting games players. This is legit terrible.

projectzero00

nomnomnom
I can say I've gotten quite good with Frost, to beat AI in very hard difficulty. However some of these towers are indeed ridiculous. Cassie and friends specifically I can't for the life of me get her even under 50% with the 3 modifiers hitting me constantly. I'm literally unable to land even one complete combo without getting bopped losing half of my health. And the rewards aren't great either. Spending 4 hours trying to beat one tower for ONE skin is not ok.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
i won against cassie with Shao Kahn. Combos are useless against cassie and jacqui. Njp + d2 was my stupid strategy against cassie but jacqui always kicks my ass in towers of time cos she always summons cassie and the unblockable rocket meteors and looks like there is no time limit to summon them on her Side. This why we need patch and those towers are stupid.

SpiceWeasel

Nothing personal mate!
Who played "Test Your Luck" more than a few rounds when he is not drunk or stoned? Right NOBODY!
Now we basically have to play shit that we hate, to get enough stupid koins to unlock shit that we dont want....

Give me a Tower with 50 Brutal Hard Fights NO PROBLEM but these modifiers who teach you nothing to get better with the game need to go...