What's new

List of Locations for UMK3 and other MK Arcade Machines

Tim Static

Adminerator
RollTide8569 said:
i know this is UMK3 section, but Power Play in Florence, Alabama has MK4 and they are trying to sell it for $450. Is that a good deal? It looked in good condition.

I had to take some pants back and walked past the arcade and saw Quan Chi looking at me through the window lol. I was like wtf? We havent had any MK arcades in the mall in a long time. I would have played it but I only had plastic money on me at the time.

http://www.superpages.com/bp/Florence-AL/Power-Play-Florence-L0112548358.htm
You could easily turn it into a UMK3 playing machine too. $450 is a good deal, assuming it works and is in at least decent condition.

MKK hanzo

Tim Static said:
You could easily turn it into a UMK3 playing machine too. $450 is a good deal, assuming it works and is in at least decent condition.
Or have both. UMK and MK4 on one cab. Just swap jammas or buy multi switch. MK4 IN MY HUMBLE OPINION isnt that bad...

EDIT: In fact, im right now gettin out of some financial troubles and I might restore my cabs again...

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Summoning received MK4 today, does anyone know what the serial port on it is used for? MK1 is the last one and we'll have MK, MKII, MK3, UMK3, UMK3Zeus, and MK4 all in one machine.

MKK hanzo

Shock said:
Summoning received MK4 today, does anyone know what the serial port on it is used for? MK1 is the last one and we'll have MK, MKII, MK3, UMK3, UMK3Zeus, and MK4 all in one machine.
VGA out I used to think. In the MK 4 road tour they had hooked VGA monitors in the top side of the arcade just for the spectators to see the game. Havent tested it yet. I doubt its for link gaming.

Not sure on the port either.

Glad you're getting your boards in. I'm ditching my efforts though on my 6-in-1 switcher MK machine and going to convert my dedicated MKII cab into MK Mame setup like Mike just built. Just makes more sense to me for the time being so I can have all the versions instead of only having 6 and having to swap roms for other versions. Plus the MK Mame setup I'm gonna have is gonna have MK Gold, and MKT and MK4 for the PC running as well.

But I am keeping 1 of each of the MK boards and the 6 in 1 switcher in case I get a UMK3 cab later this year, then I'll put the 6 in 1 in that one. As of now I have MK 4.0, MK 5.0 Tunit with Turbo Ninja roms, MKII 2.1 (swap with Challenger roms), MKII 3.1, UMK3 1.1 (with Zeus Hack roms), UMK3 1.2 and MK4 3.0

Have MK 3.0 and 4.0 and UMK3 1.0 and 1.1 boards coming on a trade as well but gonna trade and sell these more than likely.

Btw - I got THE best deal on my MK4 3.0 board a few months ago, got it for $34.95 from a seller on ebay, who obviously didn't know what he had :)

MKK hanzo

xDisciplex said:
Not sure on the port either.

Glad you're getting your boards in. I'm ditching my efforts though on my 6-in-1 switcher MK machine and going to convert my dedicated MKII cab into MK Mame setup like Mike just built. Just makes more sense to me for the time being so I can have all the versions instead of only having 6 and having to swap roms for other versions. Plus the MK Mame setup I'm gonna have is gonna have MK Gold, and MKT and MK4 for the PC running as well.

But I am keeping 1 of each of the MK boards and the 6 in 1 switcher in case I get a UMK3 cab later this year, then I'll put the 6 in 1 in that one. As of now I have MK 4.0, MK 5.0 Tunit with Turbo Ninja roms, MKII 2.1 (swap with Challenger roms), MKII 3.1, UMK3 1.1 (with Zeus Hack roms), UMK3 1.2 and MK4 3.0

Have MK 3.0 and 4.0 and UMK3 1.0 and 1.1 boards coming on a trade as well but gonna trade and sell these more than likely.

Btw - I got THE best deal on my MK4 3.0 board a few months ago, got it for $34.95 from a seller on ebay, who obviously didn't know what he had :)
I had a dream the other night that I had MKDa, MKD and MKA on dedicated arcade cabs. LOL in my dream I didnt saw the 8 button setup lol luck. =P

MKK Hanzo_H said:
I had a dream the other night that I had MKDa, MKD and MKA on dedicated arcade cabs. LOL in my dream I didnt saw the 8 button setup lol luck. =P
Well technically you can get these other MK games to play on an arcade cab running it through a MAME frontend having a PS2 emulator....BUT as of right now the emulation is taking alot of resources unfortunately and shouldn't take this much effort, but in reality you need a super fast computer with alot of RAM to get them to run near 100%. I believe you need at minimum a 3.0ghz Dual Core Processor (higher would be recommended 3.2 or more, can overclock) and 4 GB of Ram would be ideal, but I think 2 GB would get it 90% or up in emulation.

MKK hanzo

xDisciplex said:
Well technically you can get these other MK games to play on an arcade cab running it through a MAME frontend having a PS2 emulator....BUT as of right now the emulation is taking alot of resources unfortunately and shouldn't take this much effort, but in reality you need a super fast computer with alot of RAM to get them to run near 100%. I believe you need at minimum a 3.0ghz Dual Core Processor (higher would be recommended 3.2 or more, can overclock) and 4 GB of Ram would be ideal, but I think 2 GB would get it 90% or up in emulation.
Hehe well in my dream I hooked an Original Xbox with MKDA, MKD and MKA on the HDD so they could be swapped on the fly.

What got my attention of that dream was that the dedicated cabs for those 3 3d games was beautifull. MKDA had Quan and Tsung at each side of the ar cade and the marquee had the logo in the center and both chars at each side. Wow.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
MKK Hanzo_H said:
Hehe well in my dream I hooked an Original Xbox with MKDA, MKD and MKA on the HDD so they could be swapped on the fly.

What got my attention of that dream was that the dedicated cabs for those 3 3d games was beautifull. MKDA had Quan and Tsung at each side of the ar cade and the marquee had the logo in the center and both chars at each side. Wow.
I use to play MKDA D and A on the UMK3 stick.

MKK hanzo

Shock said:
I use to play MKDA D and A on the UMK3 stick.
Sorry to the OP for these off topics:

Hehe yes I used too, in fact I played MKDC with UMK3 setup and the game changed totally for me. I liked it a bit more...

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
yea, looks good, i like that ur putting the multi in the mk3, thats what i plan todo when i get a large sum of money lol

I don't know if the MK machine location thread still exists....

I remember a thread that listed all of the locations around that had MK machines. I didn't see it. If it still exists merge this post with it please.

I went on a 36 hour greyhound trip from Tacoma to Pheonix a week and half ago. On the way there were 2 MK games at the Greyhound stations :)

Portland Oregon has MK2 with a MK1 Marquee, Correct button layout but in some completely funky cabinet I've never seen before. Looked like it was originaly some sot of run n' gun game.

and Bakersfield California has MK1 inside of a dedicated MK3 cabinet

UMK321

Noob
Greetings!

There are two mortal kombat arcade machines in Dekalb, IL

1) MK4 @ Vinny's Pizza
2) MK2 @ Starworlds

I haven't seen any UMK3 machines yet. :(

Greetings!

There are two mortal kombat arcade machines in Dekalb, IL

1) MK4 @ Vinny's Pizza
2) MK2 @ Starworlds

I haven't seen any UMK3 machines yet. :(
Hey, my brother and sister in-law live in Dekalb.

I'm there a few times a year, if you're up for gaming I'd be all for hitting up that MK2 machine, I usually stop by Star Worlds for some pinball and whatever when I'm there.

UMK321

Noob
Hey, my brother and sister in-law live in Dekalb.

I'm there a few times a year, if you're up for gaming I'd be all for hitting up that MK2 machine, I usually stop by Star Worlds for some pinball and whatever when I'm there.
Sounds Good! Except that the low punch for player 1 doesn't work. But I am still up for some competition.

McNasty

Moist.
Insert Coins in las vegas has UMK3 and MK2 also the circus circus "midway" arcade has MK2 but in bad condition.