What's new

Lex theorycrafting zone.

Remz

https//:wavenet.remz.ca
you can also do double jabs, and instead of pressing run you "wait" and repeat and it still works. The only thing that matter is the timing of the first jab.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Remz said:
I agree that doing it without cancel is not recommended but canceling IS NOT faster in that case because you get locked anyway. I just prefer the visual. I usually go for the cancel infinite then I switch to no cancel variation at the end.
You are assuming that is if you lock them. Cancelled jabs are faster and hence do chip damage quicker before your opponent can possibly respond in some way. (like let go of back and be thrown or duck then ducking LK out of it)

In the end, it doesn't matter which way you use as long as you're comfortable with keeping it going long enough. Thanks for including your post, ded.

I'm going to post rushing tactics next. Thanks for the input guys.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Great techniques for corner traps, I do mine with block cancels because of wakeup moves. It seems easier and more natural to me.

also you can LP jabs until they try to get a brave toe kick in and you do a kick combo, from there do another kick combo or jab again. Corner Rape Rules!

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
RollTide8569 said:
also you can LP jabs until they try to get a brave toe kick in and you do a kick combo, from there do another kick combo or jab again. Corner Rape Rules!
I have that in there but you worded it much simpler. And yes, corner rape does indeed rule. All forms of rape rule. (in a video game)

This is good stuff and much appreciated especially for scrubs like me. I'll be playing a bit more umk3 on kaillera since my xbox got the rrod and I won't get it back from bill for like 3 - 4 weeks. Time to level up!

S

SuGaR

AC1984 said:
Great techniques for corner traps, I do mine with block cancels because of wakeup moves. It seems easier and more natural to me.
If I could have block as my left bumper on the 360, I seriously feel I would be better than I am. Having it on the right side is very unnatural to me as a lefty. So I cancel my corner trap jabs with run.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
SuGaR said:
If I could have block as my left bumper on the 360, I seriously feel I would be better than I am. Having it on the right side is very unnatural to me as a lefty. So I cancel my corner trap jabs with run.
Oof block on the left side...that'd fuck me up hard.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I still have a lot more I'm working on, much of which lacks video examples to be described clearly. Here is my next installment.

Advanced Rushing Tactics - Part 1

The key to successful rushdown isn't just damage itself, it's keeping pressure on your opponent. It's a psychological advantage to always try and stay a step ahead of the people you play against. Improving your rush game from decent to an onslaught can drastically increase your overall skill level. Here are some tips and tricks to raising the bar in the rush game:

Air Catchers (AC for short)

- This is throwing a jab while the opponent is grounded in hopes that they are attempting to jump away, which catches them in midair and juggles them for a brief moment. If you happen to catch someone with an AC, you can finish the short juggle with a walk in HK, a special move, or even walk/run in further to attempt a sleeper knee into autocombo. Good examples of often used specials with this tactic are AC to air throws (Jax/Kano) and AC to freeze (Sub Zero).

- This is something that should only be tried in moderation. The reason for that is because a miss can leave you wide open to be punished. Also, please take into account that if you use HP for the AC jab it's possible to hit the opponent with an elbow if they don't jump. This occasion can be awkwardly unexpected for both players and hence an annoyance. Try to stick with LP unless you are a good half step or so away from the opponent, then you can try an HP and not risk an elbow.

- For AC to projectiles (freeze, net, missiles, etc.) you can do a double jab to mix it up. The advantage of the double jab AC is that if the opponent blocks the jabs they could still let go of block just as the second jab connects and get punished by your projectile even if you don’t catch them with the jab. Example: (opponent is duck blocking) jab, jab, double jab cancelled into freeze…the opponent attempts to stand up after you double jab and gets punished by the freeze. Also, if by chance they block your entire attempt, a move with good recovery will keep you safer after distancing from blocked double jabs instead of single jabs. This basically means that single jabs don't push the opponent away as much as doubles. So just because you sometimes double jab during your rushdown doesn't mean you have to attempt an AC after every double...in fact, your opponent could exploit this if they know it's coming.

-NEVER EVER try to use a special move in this scenario that can be easily punished if missed. (Mileena's roll/telport kick, Stryker's baton dash, close spears, etc.) Only attempt moves that have decent recovery just in case.

-NEVER try this in the corner unless you finish the AC with a normal attack like an uppercut or RH. (see corner trap tactics for more info on that)

Not Finishing Autocombos

- Leaving the last hit or fewer off of an autocombo is a strong psychological tactic that involves patience and a good read on what your opponent will do next. When a players tends to get the feel for what your rush consists of, adding this into the mix will throw them off from time to time.

- Leaving the autocombo itself unfinished is very easy, it’s what you do after that makes it so powerful. The entire point of this is to stay close to the opponent while keeping them paying attention. Remember that if it’s a knee combo, you can always leave the last hit off and walk in with another attempt at that same combo.
Examples:
(Cyrax) HP,HP,HK,HP,HK (leaving the last hit off), sweep/standing HK/crossup JK/walk in jab and continue rushdown with jabs/walk in and attempt knee combo
(Kitana) HK, HK, LK (leaving the last hit off), all options above…include a crossup JK with an air fan.
(Sub-Zero) HK, HK…include walk in jab(s) cancelled into ice clone or freeze

- If you are nearing a corner, WALK THE OPPONENT TOWARD IT. You could lead them straight into a corner trap if they just sit there and block. (smarter opponent will attempt to jump away since they fear the trap, attempt AC in this scenario)

- Some risky options to add are uppercuts and RH chip damage. It's risky to do a blocked uppercut because it pushes the opponent so far away and a RH can be easily punished even though it hardly pushes away at all. Somewhat ironic but true.

S

SuGaR

FatalTragedy said:
Oof block on the left side...that'd fuck me up hard.
Yeah, I could see that happening for right handed people. I played on the DS for the first time a week ago and since I could select a button layout, I swapped it. The Kung Lao infinite is already easy for me now and it became even easier and I was able to cancel all my jabs with block. Too bad I didn't get to play anyone good. =(

SuGaR said:
Yeah, I could see that happening for right handed people. I played on the DS for the first time a week ago and since I could select a button layout, I swapped it. The Kung Lao infinite is already easy for me now and it became even easier and I was able to cancel all my jabs with block. Too bad I didn't get to play anyone good. =(
im right handed and i do wish the block was on the left side..it would be so much easier.

S

SuGaR

I'm about to buy a wired 360 controller for Kaillera. I plan to open it up, and rewire the LB and RB buttons so they're swapped, that way my block will be on the left side and my run on the right. I might just do it to the triggers too, that way every shooter I play will be default southpaw controls.

Tim Static

Adminerator
SuGaR said:
I'm about to buy a wired 360 controller for Kaillera. I plan to open it up, and rewire the LB and RB buttons so they're swapped, that way my block will be on the left side and my run on the right. I might just do it to the triggers too, that way every shooter I play will be default southpaw controls.
you wouldnt have to re-wire it for Mame etc. You can set it up anyway you want it.

Now for XBL.........

Lex

MKKhanzo: Ded is from Bulgary jahha
maybe - i want mkak patch so i can lag kill ppl erryday (╯ಠ_ಠ)╯︵ â”»â”â”»