What's new

Guide Lex Luthor Combo Thread

Malec

Noob
changed the F2 corner combos with a 2~grav pull MB follow up instead of the B2~grav pull MB, 2 is easier to hit

Malec

Noob
edited my corner combos post with an B3 option, to get them out of the corner, you have to wait with the ji2, until the opponent is over your head or lex wont turn around on the jump in

Flumpor

Noob
Just a little question with MB Grav Pull, what is the timing to meter burn during combos? I really want to pick Lex Luthor up and I can do most of his combos in 2 segments, and the segment that devides it is meter Burn on Vacuum, does it have a specific timing or so because it just doesn´t work during combos for some reason. I can pull off meter Burn Combos with every other character, so why not him?
Do I have to wait for the Meter Burn or Vacuum, what do I have to do to make MB Vacuum?

Just a little question with MB Grav Pull, what is the timing to meter burn during combos? I really want to pick Lex Luthor up and I can do most of his combos in 2 segments, and the segment that devides it is meter Burn on Vacuum, does it have a specific timing or so because it just doesn´t work during combos for some reason. I can pull off meter Burn Combos with every other character, so why not him?
Do I have to wait for the Meter Burn or Vacuum, what do I have to do to make MB Vacuum?
You need to delay the meterburn for a second. Dont meterburn at the same time that you put in the input. You can only meterburn the vacuum once they are actually sucked into it and being pulled towards you. It was pretty tricky at first, but youll get used to it.

Malec

Noob
usually you can press the MB button at the same time as the 2 button for the gravity pull. but maybe is because of online lag or whatever, i also got some problems with that at first and still got problems on heavy lag. what is working for me for the most part, i press db2 for the gravity pull and then press the MB button right after that. so make sure you press the MB button AFTER the move button

Ulturas

Noob

Lex is pretty interesting to do combos with xD. I'm fairly sure you can chip into the bomb as well if they're high blocking (Mines are a low so would be tough blocking all the hits and getting a Mine as well).

Inputs:

DD3F (Far Mine), JI2, 22, B3, JI3, 21 xx DB2 MB, JI2, 113 xx BF2

regulas

Your Emporer
Jump in ASAP and when your opponents body is about to give you a chest bump press 3, and as soon as you touch the ground do F2/22/21/u3.... charge/grav very fast

Practice it by just doing b3, ji3, ender.

I was wondering if you could include this in the OP, as well as maybe a note about Gravity pull MB timing as they are not necessarily obvious to someone just picking up Lex (us noobs at least), but key to doing any of the combos.

Malec

Noob
so today i discovered (thx to EGP Wonder_Chef and his 2 anti air inspiration), that ending corner combos with U3~corp charge leaves lex in so much advantage, that lex can use a probe or charge up his trait to lvl3 by canceling it with a forward dash and still be able to block all wakeup options (tested against lex corp charge).
so here are all my corner combos ending in u3~corp charge.

D1~gravity pull MB, F3, ji3, 1,1, 1,1, U3~corp charge (37 damage, 7frame startup, mid)
1,1,2, F2~gravity pull MB, F3, B2, 1,1, U3~corp charge (39 damage, 8frame startup, high)
1,1,3~gravity pull MB, F3, B2, 1,1, 1,1, U3~corp charge (34 damage, 8frame startup, high)
D2, F2~gravity pull MB, F3, B2, 1,1, U3~corp charge (27 damage, 10frame startup, mid)
2,2,d1, F2~gravity pull MB, F3, B2, 1,1, U3~corp charge (39 damage, 13frame startup, mid)
2,1/2,2~gravity pull MB, F3, ji3, 1,1, 1,1, U3~corp charge (41 damage, 13frame startup, mid)
B1,3~gravity pull MB, F3, ji3, 1,1, 1,1, U3~corp charge (38 damage, 14frame startup, low)
F2, F2~gravity pull MB, F3, B2, 1,1, U3~corp charge (43 damage, 15frame startup, overhead)
B2~gravity pull MB, F3, ji3, 1,1, 1,1, U3~corp charge (40 damage, 18frame startup, overhead)
F3, ji3, 1,1, 1,1, U3~gravity pull MB, U3~corp charge (40 damage, 33frame startup, overhead)
ji3, D1~gravity pull MB, F3, B2, 1,1, U3~corp charge (40 damage, overhead)

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Lex community is great at helping, just wish we had more and maybe we could find some sick stuff, but I love him as is.

Still haven't tried your combos yet, but you would think Lex would have a sick corner game, but I find it pretty hard so far.
I made a few people rage quit on me yesterday when i started doing the following:

ji2 22 gravity mb b3 ji 3 u3 far mine (hits as they get up) repeat combo end with far mine again then orb DASH IN air strike (they dash out) gravity pull (catches them) MB repeat all over again LMAO (they tech roll now)

Can someone tell me the bad properties of doing the u3 far mine setup? it seems to drive people crazy

rev0lver

I made a few people rage quit on me yesterday when i started doing the following:

ji2 22 gravity mb b3 ji 3 u3 far mine (hits as they get up) repeat combo end with far mine again then orb DASH IN air strike (they dash out) gravity pull (catches them) MB repeat all over again LMAO (they tech roll now)

Can someone tell me the bad properties of doing the u3 far mine setup? it seems to drive people crazy

rev0lver
There is nothing bad about besides that it is not optimal damage if they know how to dodge it. u3 xx orb to trait dash pressure works too if they catch on to you.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young

rev0lver
It's not bad, and I don't think the damage is that important, it just depends on how you like to set things up. It's more difficult to get them in another combo that way though.

I personally prefer just Gravity Pull MB, b3, ji3, 11 xx mine for my reset shinanigans for a few reasons. If the standard mid mine hits, you can jump in and immediately follow with ji3, 1 xx Gravity Pull MB, ji2, u3 xx orb ---> trait dash pressure for 40%+momentum. If they start recognizing the reset and tech rolling back, you can catch them by replacing the mid mine with a far mine, so it creates a good mind game. If they keep using wake-up attacks to avoid it, you can throw a close mine to catch some characters.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I find ending juggles with B2~normal or far mine is the best. B2 keeps em closest allowing you to pressure them with almost anything. They can't jump or dash back or else the mine will hit em. You have enough time to block any wake up. I tested all types of stuff with it and I believe it to be his best mine setup so far.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
you can take these with a grain of salt since they are somewhat situational, but here are some situational high damage simple mine combos. you are most likely to score one of these if you setup a mine after knockdown.

dd3f, b2u3d3, f2, db2MB, b3 transition = ~53%

dd3f, b2u3d3, f2, db2MB, b3, j3, bf2 = 50%, 1 bar, end in corps charge knockdown

dd3f, b2u3d3, f2, db2MB, b3, j2, u3, dd3 = 48%, 1 bar, mine setup

dd3f, b2u3d3, b3, j2, f2, bf2 = 44%, meterless

dd3f, b2u3d3, b3, j2, u3, dd3 = 40%, meterless, mine setup

edit; i landed these in real matches now, so they are pretty viable for decent easy damage, but i dunno if someone has more optimized naked mine combos

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
What combo do i do if i catch someone in the corner w either
BDMao88
CrimsonShadow
b13 vaccum mb?
22 vaccum mb?
Currently I don't have much of a corner game at the moment *fail*, but I like to toy with them a bit like bane does and just keep them guessing with short strings. So after either mb I would do something like 22d1, 112.

GGA pimpimjim has a great corner video that I need to practice that would pretty much eliminate me using short strings and/or get more damage at least.

corner 50%
corner 49% with hard knockdown

you can end combo #1 with nuke/missiles after the u3 but I haven't tested if they can escape

notation:
combo 1 - 21~ex vacuum, jump 2, f2, b2, u3~meter cancel f3, 11, u3~vacuum
combo 2 - f2, b2, u3~meter cancel f3, u3~ex vacuum, jump 2, b2u3d3
Thead ?

Currently I don't have much of a corner game at the moment *fail*, but I like to toy with them a bit like bane does and just keep them guessing with short strings. So after either mb I would do something like 22d1, 112.

GGA pimpimjim has a great corner video that I need to practice that would pretty much eliminate me using short strings and/or get more damage at least.

Thead ?
My only problem with these is that they take 3 bars because meter cancels cost 2 bars :/ What a stupid idea.... makes using these cool f3 and b3 cancels pretty useless :/

Pig Of The Hut

BDMao88

Fab really had his corner shit down last week in whatever tournament he was playing in. Everyone was going totally nuts on stream because he was so filthy. Idk if either of you were watching this, but he came in 3rd place right behing ChrisG and Tyrant.I need to look around and find the archive- it is definitely worth watching.

I have a few combos that I use pretty often that I havnt seen posted up here. Maybe they are already known, but I dont see them anywhere:

Off of a raw b3:

b3, ji3, 22 x MB Gravity Pull, (cross-up) ji2, f2 x Corp Charge 40%

Position reversing combos:

starter, MB Gravity Pull, dash forward and wait for Lex to turn around, 113 x Corp Charge 29-33%
starter, MB Gravity Pull, dash forward until Lex turns around, u3 x probe/mine 24-28%

If you are a fan of the u3 mine/probe setup, then this is the most damaging way to get it without starting with a mine:

b13, MB Gravity Pull, f3, ji2, b2, u3 x mine/probe

This is a video of the first 3 combos. I can record the 4th if anyone is having trouble doing it.

It turns out you can also do the same b3 combo off of a mine if you remove one of the 2s:

mine, b3, ji3, 2, MB Gravity Pull, ji2, f2 x Corp Charge 44%