What's new

Lets talk about the actual top 5 chars in this game

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
I wonder.. does anyone here even know anything about Aquaman? Or do they just see his trait lol...

A lot of ppl get hit with mix ups that arent mix ups, and frame traps that arent frame traps. they also don't punish him correctly. Is he top? yes.. but none of you actually know why.
Aquaman is a chracter that has all the tools he needs to be extremely effective as well as decently high damage when he hits you with ANY of his tools ANYWHERE, the trait is just a bonus. There's a reason Japan thinks he's so broken. Because if you have footsies and good defense as Aqua, you should theoretically never have someone get in on you.

I don't see how supes is top 5. Top 10, sure, but can someone show me the light?
Play Theo. Or watch NEC. Up to you really.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Aquaman is a chracter that has all the tools he needs to be extremely effective as well as decently high damage when he hits you with ANY of his tools ANYWHERE, the trait is just a bonus. There's a reason Japan thinks he's so broken. Because if you have footsies and good defense as Aqua, you should theoretically never have someone get in on you.

Play Theo. Or watch NEC. Up to you really.

That doesn't prove anything to me. Theo is just good. Doesn't mean supes is top 5

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Tons of things. Pushblock. Hit him with a mixup, projectile, anything. You don't need meter with Batgirl so you can pushblock alot.
He only gets one trait bat every 10 seconds, that means he has to wait 30 seconds just to have all 3 trait bats out. He rarely has bats out, he is a totally different character post-patch.

Also it's kind of hard to say that Batgirl has any bad matchups when all she has to do is catch you in one teleport or one mixup and you could possibly lose all your life from a vortex. I was destroying Sonicfox at TFC but once he got me in the vortex he made a super comeback every single match. It was gay lol
You make it sound like Batman is going to have bats out every 30 seconds lol. You play Batman, dude lol. Any good Batman is always going to have bats out in this MU. It is extremely hard for BG to do anything to get in once he has them. Yes I push block hella but that is just block strings I am talking more full screen meta game. The one thing that could make this 5-5 is that Batman's wakeups are such ass. Once you get a knockdown you can really go to town with BG.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I can't remember

I'm still waiting for an answer though
The fact that Grundy is even being mentioned in this thread shows the LACK of knowledge of this community as a whole about this game.

Grundy's worst MU:
Cyborg 0-10 or 1-9 (new grapple and health regen make this even worse now than pre patch)
Batman 2-8 (wins only happen on knockdown but a pure zoning bat can make it so Grundy never catches him. he cant jump over any zoning either with his floaty jump which means he takes all the damage batman throws as he comes in with armor. BTW his WC is only 3 hits of armor lets count together...baterang = 2 hits; one trait bat = 1 hit; standing 1 = 1 hit; Total = 4. This means he gets comboed and he loses. Pray Batman does a predictable jump in attempt)
Green Lantern 3-7 (I used to think it wasn't that bad till I played PURE zoning GL. You can't catch him and machine gun is a nightmare)
WW 3-7 (How can you punish iadg? like batman your only luck is to knock her down.)
Hawk Girl 2-8 (invincible wakeups and even on hit she is airborn meaning you have to use meter to get a reset = no meter when clash happens. Her strings up close are airborn giving her throw immune frames...if she ever comes down from the air!)
Black Adam 3-7 (Good luck catching him too. I don't even want to talk about it.)
Superman 2-8 (Zoning is still very solid and his trait was designed to pick apart grundy and DD. Not even close to winable)
Zod 3-7 (Feels like Green Lantern where it I get in and get chip I can win but catching him is the problem because all his specials were designed to take long as fuck so as to give him his trait back...you cant catch him)

My top 5:
1) Batman
2) MMH
3) Zod
4) Black Adam
5) KF

FYI...Grundy bodies the shit out of Aquaman. All you who struggle with AM, pick up Grundy.

DarkPage

Noob
B3 into F3 midscreen causes a hard knockdown, doing another F3 crosses over, its exactly the same shit as Flash really. But she does it all meterless and resets the situation on every knockdown.
I've been trying to put this in my game so much but when I go online it feels so difficult to connect that dash in f3

Tons of things. Pushblock. Hit him with a mixup, projectile, anything. You don't need meter with Batgirl so you can pushblock alot.
He only gets one trait bat every 10 seconds, that means he has to wait 30 seconds just to have all 3 trait bats out. He rarely has bats out, he is a totally different character post-patch.

Also it's kind of hard to say that Batgirl has any bad matchups when all she has to do is catch you in one teleport or one mixup and you could possibly lose all your life from a vortex. I was destroying Sonicfox at TFC but once he got me in the vortex he made a super comeback every single match. It was gay lol

You also use bats too offensively and don't turtle. Batgirl can't do anything against batman once he has bats and just waits. The is no reason you should ever lose this match up. If she gets close to you just b23. I feel stupid for not using Batman on Sonic Fox. I would have been surprised if he got me past my first life bar.

Also its the same thing against superman especially KDZ's style of superman. You lose these match ups cause you wanna do poke poke trait, poke poke, cross up etc etc. That doesn't work as well now.

So why not explain and educate the less experienced players who in your eyes don't understand Aquaman to a high degree. Why is he top in your opinion?

His screen control is good and he can win off fundamentals alone. Water Shield nullifies zoning and whatever else. Trait doesn't mean shit in this version of the game. I really don't care about his trait when he turns it on. Goodluck blocking my shit for 12 seconds cause that is all I need to open him up.

Aquaman has really good footsies and screen control. Unfortunately the chars who can attack him while avoiding from the deep and his footsies give him problems aka Black Adam, Killer Frost (who punishes it on block) etc

snort

Noob
Pig has done wonders for the Zod community. Seems like the majority say he's top 5 now and jumping on the bandwagon.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
His screen control is good and he can win off fundamentals alone. Water Shield nullifies zoning and whatever else. Trait doesn't mean shit in this version of the game. I really don't care about his trait when he turns it on. Goodluck blocking my shit for 12 seconds cause that is all I need to open him up.

Aquaman has really good footsies and screen control. Unfortunately the chars who can attack him while avoiding from the deep and his footsies give him problems aka Black Adam, Killer Frost (who punishes it on block) etc
Thank you :) I dont even own the game but I just wanted it to be explained for those who don't know what Tom is talking about...

People preach about the community needing to level up but then don't explain simple stuff like that which makes a difference to the new players.