What's new

Lets talk about the actual top 5 chars in this game

PTG Slayer

Behold! The GOD of War!
iADG
J3 both stances
D2 both stances

Make her wreck people with good air control, thats why she's such a pain in the ass for Black Adam.
B2 B1 and her parry make her strong grounded.
By air control I mean take away her air dash, one of her most prominent ways of getting in, and wreaking havoc. Black Adam has no air control options whatsoever. Well, non that I can think of. Zod for example has his dash, zod balls, and even his force push move can anti air good. Making it hard for WW to establish that game, not to say she'll be easy to keep out. lol

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
WoWo is a character that can get in your face easily, has better mixup options than KF because she always has a 5050 AND a crossover attempt after landing even just a B2.
If she guesses wrong, LOL dont matter, always at advantage or range to take another guess. Resets the whole scenario on 1 hit.
36-40% meterless. Always puts you in the corner which is death.

D3.

I'd AT LEAST put her over Aquaman.
DEFINITELY over Batgirl.
Miles ahead of superman pre-patch, especially now.
Foxy sorry for saying this, but you are tripping if you think WW is better than AM man. She is top 5 material in my book, yes, but top 1? Nope, dont see it. An AM player who positions himself correctly, blows up WW everywhere on the screen. How can WW counter his B12? His d2? FTD? Air dash is useless in the particular MU, cause she will get AA'ed by AM every time. His b2 has the same properties as WW's, its slower yes, but it has further range than WW's b2. Their damage out put is the same, although AM must a use a bar (no big deal for him) which boosts his damage to over 40% dmg. And last but not least, water shield. The only disadvantage i can think of is that his trait doesnt help him that much against WW, not like it does in other MU's.

Edit: His anti-wake up game with FTD and water shield is extremely solid vs almost the entire cast as well.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Imo, purely on the number of losing matchups:

1. Mmh
2. Aqua
3. Kf
4.Flash
5. Black Adam

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
By air control I mean take away her air dash, one of her most prominent ways of getting in
never really seen a good ww air dash to get in, the ones I play just walk/dash (when its safe/out of punish range) so i don't really see how the air dash is a prominent way I only see it used when the opponent is knocked down or as a unexpected crossover when applying pressure with ww

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Top 5, whats the fun in that theres like 7-8 that chars that all have a sick chance off being top 5

now Bottom 5 where the funs at, is so hard trying to pick a bottom 5 everyone at bottom 5 will have a debatable chance of not being bottom 5

but to Answer your Question

1.AM
2.Black Adam
3.Batgirl
4.Zod
5.MMH

IrishMantis

Why is everyone slepping on BG, she can play the game how she wants, or just make flip a coin
surprised to see she hasn't won any majors yet
the only char i can see given her problems is AM

P.S. i mess about with her but dont main her, so feel free to correct and tell me why she wouldn't be top 5 to any BG mains? :D

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I think it's still too early for this, people are finding new stuff every day that could very well entirely change how a character is played. Look at WW and all the new tech being discovered for her d3, for example.

If I had to choose, I'd say... in no particular order...

Zod (trait is insane, refills quickly, and forces you to respect him anywhere on screen)

Superman (still has a variety of options, high damage, mixups, mobility, great zoning)

Wonder Woman (has an answer for everything, insane damage, and people seem to be ignoring her midscreen shinnanigans in addition to her corner game)

MMH (again, an answer for everything and an easy way to get in. Another character you must respect at ALL times lest you end up eating a full combo)

Aquaman (the dude has the ability to cover his mistakes with the push of a button, get very solid damage consistently, play a range game in footsies that most other characters lack, demands respect anywhere on screen, and can force the use of meter to push block with his godlike chip)

Outside of that I can see Grundy absolutely moving up as players learn how to abuse his walking corpse cancels more. I think Batgirl will move up as players become more footsie/zoning and counter-based with her, rather than soley relying on her vortex. And I think Killer Frost will inevitably move down as people learn to deal with her slide. However, that ho has a 1 frame parry that can lead to a full combo that you don't see many people using yet, so only time will tell.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
What if we listed characters only on the basis of viability or not? Like one list of the viable ones, and one list of the rest of the cast?

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I think it's still too early for this, people are finding new stuff every day that could very well entirely change how a character is played. Look at WW and all the new tech being discovered for her d3, for example.

If I had to choose, I'd say... in no particular order...

Zod (trait is insane, refills quickly, and forces you to respect him anywhere on screen)

Superman (still has a variety of options, high damage, mixups, mobility, great zoning)

Wonder Woman (has an answer for everything, insane damage, and people seem to be ignoring her midscreen shinnanigans in addition to her corner game)

MMH (again, an answer for everything and an easy way to get in. Another character you must respect at ALL times lest you end up eating a full combo)

Aquaman (the dude has the ability to cover his mistakes with the push of a button, get very solid damage consistently, play a range game in footsies that most other characters lack, demands respect anywhere on screen, and can force the use of meter to push block with his godlike chip)

Outside of that I can see Grundy absolutely moving up as players learn how to abuse his walking corpse cancels more. I think Batgirl will move up as players become more footsie/zoning and counter-based with her, rather than soley relying on her vortex. And I think Killer Frost will inevitably move down as people learn to deal with her slide. However, that ho has a 1 frame parry that can lead to a full combo that you don't see many people using yet, so only time will tell.

EVERY KF player uses her parry.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
The biggest problem here is the number five....

Having a top 5 even before this patch was sketchy because aside from the obvious (Supes, BA, Aqua, Bats), the 5th was always debateable.
Now that the game is a ton more balanced, discussing a top 5 when most characters are soooo close in a potential list is too hard to tell.

I think we should go back to just the standard "Who's Top Tier, who's High Tier, Who's Midtier, Who's Low Tier" discussion. Both are subjective, but damn, picking just five is too much.

MMH, Aqua, Zod, Batgirl, KF, Black Adam, Superman, Wonderwoman, Flash, Batman and GL could all be considered top5 because they just about all only lose to 3ish or less matchups. That's 11 characters.

IrishMantis

Would love to see PLs or any other top player's (Hate using that phrase, i mean players that alot of people follow, and have came far or won majors) tierlist

SEV

Noob
MMH - Great space control, ground and air, zoning, Orb set ups, trait pressure, trait, teleports, frame traps
WW - Too well rounded, great space control, ground and air, long range normals, corner pressure, OTG, frame traps, anti-chip stance
AM - Trait, AA, A to A, space control, long range normals, chip damage, tracking zoning, frame traps
Zod - Great space control, ground and air, zoning, trait, mix ups, some full screen, fireball setups, frame traps
Superman - Great space control, ground and air, zoning, armor breaking trait, corner pressure, resets

Killjoy McGee

[Hype Intensifies]
My top 5.

Flash-over 50% with trait, 50/50s, corner shenanigans, excellent forward dash for getting in and rushing down opponents and no appalling match ups IMO, no safe/good wakeups IMO.

Batgirl-Meterless Vortex, Excellent damage for one bar of meter and excellent corner damage for one bar, able to counter zoning effectively and can lead into vortex if she manages to punish zoners and also has 50/50s (cartwheels pretty handy as well)

Green Lantern - Safe(?) vortex, 50/50s, good zoning/keepaway and has an excellent wakeup game but is also very punishable, decent Metered damage.

Batman- bats are good for offense and scaring opponents into playing defense, good damage meterless and metered damage, excellent tools such as Batarangs for Zoning but has no good wakeup IMO.

Martian Manhunter- Good damage for one bar, excellent trait which can scare opponents into playing defense, good tools such as TK orbs and Overhead teleport, excellent wakeups and good set ups.

I think outside of top 3 a lot of characters could be argued as 4th and 5th. Which is a good thing because that's a sign of balance.

My top 5 in no order:
Aquaman
Zod
Wonder Woman
MMH
Killer Frost

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
KF in my opinion really only has MMH and maybe Zod but it is too early on that MU. She has no bad matchup that is worse than slight disadvantage.

Batgirl loses hard to Aquaman (3-7), as well as Killer Frost, Batman, and Superman. She could also lose to Nightwing and Grundy but I am not sure because I don't play those matches with BG as much as I do Frost. Also, I am not sure how she does against MMH or Zod.
Batgirl doesn't lose to batman, superman or killer frost. She has 3 bad MUs (imo) Aquaman, doomsday and nightwing.

Aquaman is pretty bad, but his trait nerf actually helped her quite a bit. Nothing aquaman has is safe; nothing. He's forced to use trait to make all his pressure not punishable. Because it takes so long to regen now it often means he doesn't have it to pop out of vortex. If you see him trait in bola; grab, d3 or j3. From there continue oki pressure while his trait runs out. I'm hesitant to say this, but from the sets I played against a very solid aquaman, I think this may be a 6-4.

I'd be interested to see why you think Frost beats batgirl. They have similar midscreen damage output but batgirl far outdamages her in the corner. Batgirl has much better interactable control and usage than frost and a decent low to punish baited parry with. Batgirl has much less need for meter than Frost does too. Also, meterless vortex doesn't work against batgirl and I can meterburn f3 slide on reaction (I'm being serious here, it actually works)

With the f23 nerf batgirl shouldn't lose to superman now. Air lasers can always be teleport punished (thanks to extra recovery) and she outdamages him in the corner and goes even with him midscreen. Batgirl can punish whiffed f23 with b12 quite easily now. She can also reversal bat evade f23 breath loops.

With batman, I don't have an exceptional amount of MU experience, but I'd also be interested to learn why you think this is bad.

Grundy isn't that bad for batgirl. It does require you to know and use your grab immune strings however (batgirl has a shit-tonne of them). I'd have it as 5-5 maybe slight advantage Grundy.

My limited MU experience against MMH has this MU either even or in our favour. He can't overhead teleport because our teleport on reaction beats it. Because batgirl doesn't need a lot of meter she can MB f3 through all of MMHs wake ups and then condition him so she gets a 50/50 off a knock down. Her damage here is also a strong point in this MU. He can't really zone her either with pillars or with those overhead balls either. His trait range can pose a problem and his good anti-airs make starting the vortex somewhat annoying (just have to condition him not to d2 for fear of teleport).

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Batgirl doesn't lose to batman, superman or killer frost. She has 3 bad MUs (imo) Aquaman, doomsday and nightwing.

Aquaman is pretty bad, but his trait nerf actually helped her quite a bit. Nothing aquaman has is safe; nothing. He's forced to use trait to make all his pressure not punishable. Because it takes so long to regen now it often means he doesn't have it to pop out of vortex. If you see him trait in bola; grab, d3 or j3. From there continue oki pressure while his trait runs out. I'm hesitant to say this, but from the sets I played against a very solid aquaman, I think this may be a 6-4.

I'd be interested to see why you think Frost beats batgirl. They have similar midscreen damage output but batgirl far outdamages her in the corner. Batgirl has much better interactable control and usage than frost and a decent low to punish baited parry with. Batgirl has much less need for meter than Frost does too. Also, meterless vortex doesn't work against batgirl.

With the f23 nerf batgirl shouldn't lose to superman now. Air lasers can always be teleport punished (thanks to extra recovery) and she outdamages him in the corner and goes even with him midscreen. Batgirl can punish whiffed f23 with b12 quite easily now. She can also reversal bat evade f23 breath loops.

With batman, I don't have an exceptional amount of MU experience, but I'd also be interested to learn why you think this is bad.

Grundy isn't that bad for batgirl. It does require you to know and use your grab immune strings however (batgirl has a shit-tonne of them). I'd have it as 5-5 maybe slight advantage Grundy.

My limited MU experience against MMH has this MU either even or in our favour. He can't overhead teleport because our teleport on reaction beats it. Because batgirl doesn't need a lot of meter she can MB f3 through all of MMHs wake ups and then condition him so she gets a 50/50 off a knock down. Her damage here is also a strong point in this MU. He can't really zone her either with pillars or with those overhead balls either. His trait range can pose a problem and his good anti-airs make starting the vortex somewhat annoying (just have to condition him not to d2 for fear of teleport).
Frost has higher damage output and a better 50-50. I think things even out a bit since BG's vortex is meterless. Corner Batgirl is ridiculous so she definitely has the edge there in terms of overall damage, but KF has plenty of corner dirt herself that multiplies due to the vortex. Batgirl has to watch out for slide and take risks when going in for her footsie game to initiate the vortex/pressure. I think that KF owns the wakeup game now that d1 is parryable like it should be. It is hard for BG to get up without taking some risk.

With all that said it is just probably slight advantage because I don't mind playing against Frost with BG.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Frost has higher damage output and a better 50-50. I think things even out a bit since BG's vortex is meterless. Corner Batgirl is ridiculous so she definitely has the edge there in terms of overall damage, but KF has plenty of corner dirt herself that multiplies due to the vortex. Batgirl has to watch out for slide and take risks when going in for her footsie game to initiate the vortex/pressure. I think that KF owns the wakeup game now that d1 is parryable like it should be. It is hard for BG to get up without taking some risk.

With all that said it is just probably slight advantage because I don't mind playing against Frost with BG.
I think their midscreen damage is pretty comparable, frost gets like 1-2% extra.

35% meterless reset (with interactable bounce)
36% reset with 1 bar
42% 1 bar damage
45% 1 bar interactable bounce damage
40%ish 1 bar interactable bounce reset

I see what you mean about slide, and parry does fuck up batgirl's wakeup game considerably. But it works both ways because if you parry and I don't wake up then I get a free b1 into vortex.

Both Killer Frost and batgirl are my mains and I don't mind using either one against the other. Hence why I think this MU is more 5/5 but I'd be happy to concede it could go slight frost's favour

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I think their midscreen damage is pretty comparable, frost gets like 1-2% extra.

35% meterless reset (with interactable bounce)
36% reset with 1 bar
42% 1 bar damage
45% 1 bar interactable bounce damage
40%ish 1 bar interactable bounce reset

I see what you mean about slide, and parry does fuck up batgirl's wakeup game considerably. But it works both ways because if you parry and I don't wake up then I get a free b1 into vortex.

Both Killer Frost and batgirl are my mains and I don't mind using either one against the other. Hence why I think this MU is more 5/5 but I'd be happy to concede it could go slight frost's favour
Yeah, but I take into account that Frost is getting full damage every correct guess on her vortex where BG is getting less damage. Their overall damage mid-screen is comparable sure, but not all of BG's damage leads into the vortex. But to be honest discussing damage with these characters is like splitting hairs because the damage adds up anyways and that is really not a reason why it would be advantage one way or the other.