What's new

Lets talk about the actual top 5 chars in this game

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Yeah, but I take into account that Frost is getting full damage every correct guess on her vortex where BG is getting less damage. Their overall damage mid-screen is comparable sure, but not all of BG's damage leads into the vortex. But to be honest discussing damage with these characters is like splitting hairs because the damage adds up anyways and that is really not a reason why it would be advantage one way or the other.

I remember when KF could spend 2 meters to do 46% and still get a vortex setup....ahh, the memories.

EDIT: She might still be able to do that. I don't know. I haven't played the character since release. :\

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I remember when KF could spend 2 meters to do 46% and still get a vortex setup....ahh, the memories.

EDIT: She might still be able to do that. I don't know. I haven't played the character since release. :\
The only thing she has really lost is damage. She just has to hit you more times. She plays the same and makes people rage the same. Trait cancels leading into 50-50's had to go because that was ridiculous.

Batgirl players should just push the opponent to the corner then go ape shit to maximize damage.

Real talk Sinestro is top 5 idc what you say or think. Best zoning + a meterless advantage on block vortex. That is hella stupid.

People need to stop upplaying doomsday. The matches he wins he dominates the ones he loses he loses bad.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
with a vortex setup?

With trait, yes. Without trait, she can still do 50% 1 bar, but it doesn't set up any vortex. She has to spend an extra bar to get 50% into a vortex.

That's why I never understood why people say batgirl out damages KF. Batgirl gets 50% in the corner. KF gets in anywhere, and if she has the meter to spend or trait, still gets a vortex.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
KF has both.
Does she have an ender that makes the opponent guess an immediate cross over (no jumps) as well?
WoWo & Flash can end combos to make it a 4 way guess.

I think the knockdown setup characters are better, purely because the guessing doesnt end at the first move after the knockdown, say you block WoWo's 33 after a knockdown, you still have to make 2 more guesses before you can at least be safe.
Block the cross over you still need to make another guess to be safe.
Block the overhead most characters can only really backdash, so again its a risk.

xKhaoTik

Does she have an ender that makes the opponent guess an immediate cross over (no jumps) as well?
WoWo & Flash can end combos to make it a 4 way guess.

I think the knockdown setup characters are better, purely because the guessing doesnt end at the first move after the knockdown, say you block WoWo's 33 after a knockdown, you still have to make 2 more guesses before you can at least be safe.

No she doesn't. I'll give you that.

I know about flashes 4 way guess, but whats WW's? Doesn't she have to jump?

xKhaoTik

B3 into F3 midscreen causes a hard knockdown, doing another F3 crosses over, its exactly the same shit as Flash really. But she does it all meterless and resets the situation on every knockdown.

I had no idea about that. This actually sounds pretty legit. No WW I play does that lol. I haven't seen any WW player do this actually.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
I had no idea about that. This actually sounds pretty legit. No WW I play does that lol. I haven't seen any WW player do this actually.
its fucking horrible,that complete bastard sexy grandma was doing it to me the other day and I had no idea wtf to do or which side to block lol.i really should try and play more.

Crathen

Death is my business
Knockdown are a wider guessing game than a straight up 50/50 loop , the guessing game goes both ways here and is affacted by the character wakeup options too , where in a loop like KF there's just a 2 way guess low/oh.

Personally 50/50 loops are better since most of the time there's no risk but knockdown setups can be harder to block if you don't want to guess on a wakeup.

Btw even Deathstroke has midscreen grounded crossups.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
KF in my opinion really only has MMH and maybe Zod but it is too early on that MU. She has no bad matchup that is worse than slight disadvantage.

Batgirl loses hard to Aquaman (3-7), as well as Killer Frost, Batman, and Superman. She could also lose to Nightwing and Grundy but I am not sure because I don't play those matches with BG as much as I do Frost. Also, I am not sure how she does against MMH or Zod.
In my opinion

Batgirl vs Batman is 5-5

Batgirl vs Grundy is 5-5

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
I wonder.. does anyone here even know anything about Aquaman? Or do they just see his trait lol...

A lot of ppl get hit with mix ups that arent mix ups, and frame traps that arent frame traps. they also don't punish him correctly. Is he top? yes.. but none of you actually know why.
So why not explain and educate the less experienced players who in your eyes don't understand Aquaman to a high degree. Why is he top in your opinion?

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
What does Batgirl do when Batman has bats out? What is her answer?
Tons of things. Pushblock. Hit him with a mixup, projectile, anything. You don't need meter with Batgirl so you can pushblock alot.
He only gets one trait bat every 10 seconds, that means he has to wait 30 seconds just to have all 3 trait bats out. He rarely has bats out, he is a totally different character post-patch.

Also it's kind of hard to say that Batgirl has any bad matchups when all she has to do is catch you in one teleport or one mixup and you could possibly lose all your life from a vortex. I was destroying Sonicfox at TFC but once he got me in the vortex he made a super comeback every single match. It was gay lol

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I heard the word "vortex" just a few times on mk9 starting by Scorpion, here it seems that I hear it everytimes someone is talking about injustice. Vortex is fashion !

Oo;