What's new

Lets talk about the actual top 5 chars in this game

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
You're just a salty Killer Frost Hater!

Leave us alone and take your stench with you!
lol.
:p I just hate when someone can only say "[Player] is really good, he makes the character look better than they are."

When that logic applies DIRECTLY to the person saying the comment

I mean.... damn.

That doesn't prove anything to me. Theo is just good. Doesn't mean supes is top 5
Tiers are supposed to be based on the highest possible level of play. So of course you have to look at how Theo and MF Slayer play Superman. And not look at how a lower level player like KDZ plays Superman.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
*Killer Frost
-Amazing ground control
-Great dash
-An air dash that has more range than other air dashes
-mix ups
-50/50
-Meterless vortex (untechable knockdown universal to everyone)
-High damage
-A safe way to get in
-Good zoning
-Frame traps
-A 1 frame parry that gives full combo if you MB it
-B1 beats a lot of wake ups
-AA
I'm not reading anymore of this thread. I found this list of lies on page 2

iMLGzus

Venom Addict/Space Pope
Dylan
Dylan
Dylan
Dylan
and Dylan.

Nah, but for srs the top 3, arguably, are:
Zod
Oceanman
MMH

The last two spots are toss ups:
BA
KF
Supes
Batgirl
Batmang
GL
Flash

...why can't we just say top 10? ^ There it is.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Tiers are supposed to be based on the highest possible level of play. So of course you have to look at how Theo and MF Slayer play Superman. And not look at how a lower level player like KDZ plays Superman.

I mean, I get what you're saying tho. But then use that perspective in this situation:

Apparently, REO has been bodying everyone with shazam. Is shazam top 5?

Mr Aquaman, who is the Ares of the world, was bodying people with PRE PATCH Ares. Did that make Ares top 5?

Same thing with Revolver and his sexy lexy.

Get my point?

Lmao daaammmnn those shots hurt me and it wasn't even intended towards me.
It's all for fun. :) KDZ plays Batgirl now anyway so it doesn't matter. Also according to some random commentator at the Break he can only be good at one game so chances are he can only be good with one character at a time too.

Personally I don't understand how anyone can put a one dimensional character in top 5 or top 10.

I mean even Sinestro is arguably better than Flash. Because Sinestro can rushdown and vortex, he can play footsies now that b22 hits mid, he can zone to protect the life lead and he's a power character. Sinestro is good all around while other characters are just good at zoning or just good at rushdown.

Of course it's hard to see how good Sinestro can be because as Pig and m2dave have stated, Wound Cowboy excels at zoning and Playing2Win focuses on his vortex. Such a Sinestro is top 10. But the Sinestro that masters all aspects of his game could easily be top 5 I think.

zaf

professor

3 different players that all play superman, and to say the least.... they all play him differently. Imagine that!

theo - more leaned towards zoning you and picking his places to attack you when you come at him
slayer - loves to rush down and use the box jumps with iafd resets.
kdz - uses mediocre damage combos, but they drag you across the screen. one combo on most stages from the start of the game and you are in the corner. from there he pursues you relentlessly so he can nail those huge combos.

kdz won evo and tfc with this style. the two biggest tournies for IGAU to date. kdz comes from soul calibur so you can see why he plays the stage a lot of the time. hell if you watch his batgirl, it is the exact same strategy with that character then with superman. He drags you across the screen with batgirl, then once in the corner you have to guess. guess wrong, eat 50+ %. when i was first watching him, i was like "wtf why no constant 50/50 reset"... Then after a game or two of watching him, i got it.

To say KDZ is lower level is very ignorant to what he has accomplished and insulting to his obviously practical and successful game plans.

To say KDZ is lower level is very ignorant to what he has accomplished and insulting to his obviously practical and successful game plans.
I regret to inform you that you are too serious for the internets. :tonyt

There seems to be a comprehension skill gap between us. Read more carefully and stop making silly assumptions and you WILL become a better person.

I don't see a problem with being serious. Not everyone completely changes who they actually are on the internet.
If you want to be cool behind a keyboard that's cool and good for you.
Trying to respond seriously and passionately to someone who made a humorous comment results in awkward situations indeed.

I will try my best to avoid further e-social interactions that could potentially make me look like a jerk in the eyes of people that take everything super seriously. I clearly did not take into consideration all the possible consequences of using subtle sarcasm in a virtual world. I will adapt accordingly.