What's new

Lets talk about the actual top 5 chars in this game

RYX

BIG PUSHER
My straight answer is to play Tyrant. I could get into detail on how Grundy's 5 frame anti air negates any kind of box pressure from Superman, or how Superman cannot loop a straight laser into a another grounded straight laser because of the threat of swamp hands, or how once Grundy gets his chip trait out, Superman is in deep doo doo, or how if Grundy gets his health trait out, Superman can only get into the mid to high 30s with one bar and trait, or how the fact that Superman is a -24 on ground laser now instead of -11, Grundy now has an easer time closing the distance, or how the nerf of F2...

JUST FUCKING PLAY TYRANT. He's the best Grundy by a country mile at this moment and I have the chance to play with him every week, and he's beaten me, Slayer, Pboard, MIT, and Godspeed several times in tournament. All amazing players, excluding my fraudulent self. That privilege alone makes me feel entitled to rebutt by saying Grundy is potential top 5 material.

Just my two cents. Still love you RYX.
See, this would be a lot easier for a person like me who needs to discuss things and lives off of theory crafting to wrap my head around, haha.

but stop you beat me with AM and I was Bane, you're not the fraud here. :(

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
How? All he has to do is chill until he catches you with something and it's like a 60% reset into chip trait, so he can literally just sit there and block your zoning forever and force you to go in. Then you run the risk of getting hit again for another 60% guaranteed reset, or an actual reset for even more damage.
The thing with Grundy is that we can zone him with our straight air mace toss flying at the lowest level so it with hit him even in block, while we fly over his samp hands. Every Hawkgirl move leaves her from the ground and he can't use his resets after a knockdown, but basically we can zone all day.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
The thing with Grundy is that we can zone him with our straight air mace toss flying at the lowest level so it with hit him even in block, while we fly over his samp hands. Every Hawkgirl move leaves her from the ground and he can't use his resets after a knockdown, but basically we can zone all day.
No you can't. Once he gets chip trait you're not going to be able to zone him at all. Go ahead and let me know how many maces it takes to get 1% of chip when he has level 2 chip trait active. My point is that once he touches you, you can't zone anymore. And if you get knocked down, he can EASILY walking corpse cancel through all of your wake ups for a full combo punish into reset or just hit you with a meaty for the full damage. I truthfully don't understand why people sleep on this character so much. To reiterate, I don't think he's top 5, he's probably somewhere in top 10 next to Doomsday though.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
No you can't. Once he gets chip trait you're not going to be able to zone him at all. Go ahead and let me know how many maces it takes to get 1% of chip when he has level 2 chip trait active. My point is that once he touches you, you can't zone anymore. And if you get knocked down, he can EASILY walking corpse cancel through all of your wake ups for a full combo punish into reset or just hit you with a meaty for the full damage. I truthfully don't understand why people sleep on this character so much. To reiterate, I don't think he's top 5, he's probably somewhere in top 10 next to Doomsday though.
The thing is him catching Hawkgirl and xombo her lol, or maybe we can just fly, zone him a bit, get a life lead and fly all day. But there's no way it's better than 7-3 tho.

Damn PLs ego is horrible. It must still be salt from denzell owning him at evo. You are better then 90% of the people here we get it, you dont have to be an asshole about it.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Only two REALLY bad MUs. He also loses to MMH and Scorpion 4-6, and Zatanna is possibly bad. I am not and have not never said that Sinestro is bad. He is good but in no way top 5.
but what if in the end his numbers do put him in top 5

u listed 5 possible bad mus

What does this sound like to you?

Kung lao bad MUs
Sonya
Cage
Kabal
Cyrax

Teetering here on 5 bad MUs ........think about it

I like this thread.
but is it positive?

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
too hard to tell exact top 5 when like twenty chars can be top 10.
This game is too balanced to me hmm.
I would go with aqua as number one for me right now other than that no clue what order to put all these solid chars in. Too early.
Nobody knows all the mathcups extensively.

Everybody just needs to retype there top 5 and really think about them
Try again (batman voice)

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Based solely off of my own experience in the game:

1.) MMH (I play HazeJupiter quite a bit, best MMH I've played)
-Safe OH teleport with an insane phantom hitbox.
-Absolutely amazing trait
-Can't punish his ground blast thingys....
-Amazing zoning
-Amazing mobility
-Sick mix ups
-Great damage

2.)BatGirl
-Mix ups within mix ups
-Can't jump or go for interactables against her (telport)
-Safe, long reaching low normal
-Semi decent zoning with a mid hitting bola
-Can play amazing keep away with her evade shit
-Vortex
-I struggle against her but the only saving grace is that her damage is low and her teleport is punishable...unlike MMH

3.)Zod (I play M2Dave's quite a bit and he just gets more and more solid as the weeks go by)
-The undisputedly best trait in existence.
-Sick damage
-Full Screen 50/50's
-Amazing Zoning
-Trait pressure combined with that cancelable low lazer move.
-Mind Games galore
-Mobility

4.)The Flash
-That stupid ass vibrate move that can avoid like everything.
-Amazing dash
-Those notorious mix ups
-The trait combos that take half your life
-1 touch=death character

5.) Green Lantern
-B1 is the best normal in the game (imo)
-Great zoning
-Tools for days
-Sick Mix ups
-Pressure from his B1 alone (B1, B1, B13 etc.,)
-Controls close and mid screen, catches back dashes or jumps EASILY

Again, this is just the 5 that seem to dominate me personally... I know Aquaman is def. top 3 but thank god I have HawkGirl and Killer Frost. Black Adam...meh. Superman...meh. Killer Frost...I think she's top 8...just outside the "5". I still think DeathStroke is hella good...The more I type and the more I think about it...almost everyone in this game is a bloody murderer. ;)

Stepwood

Frequently Bodied Individual
For a week I just couldn't wrap my head around the fact that Supes is no longer in top 5. I see it now.
My top 5, although it makes no difference (in no particular order): Aquaman, Batgirl, Black Adam, MMH, Zod

It's my fault Tom. I honestly believe this to be true. If Grundy doesn't beat Aquaman, he doesn't beat anybody. I can't wait to play you to see if I'm full of shit or not

There is no way Grundy wins this mu. Maybe he beats generic Aquaman aka the style everyone else uses, but someone who uses Aquaman correctly, no way.

Again, this is just the 5 that seem to dominate me personally... I know Aquaman is def. top 3 but thank god I have HawkGirl and Killer Frost.

KF is only an even mu though.. and HG is either even or adv Aquaman. The way it goes at the moment, Aquaman has the edge but i wouldnt argue even.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
There is no way Grundy wins this mu. Maybe he beats generic Aquaman aka the style everyone else uses, but someone who uses Aquaman correctly, no way.

KF is only an even mu though.. and HG is either even or adv Aquaman. The way it goes at the moment, Aquaman has the edge but i wouldnt argue even.
Vggs last night.

I wasn't so much frustrated with aquaman as I was with background bounce as your neutral on block safe launcher into 6 Frame d1 repeat. Lol. Solid fundamental anti Grundy play too.

Tom wins the set like 20-12 or 18-10 or something like that. I'll want my run back soon. You are obviously a better player than I and I don't know if that means it's an even MU or what.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Vggs last night.

I wasn't so much frustrated with aquaman as I was with background bounce as your neutral on block safe launcher into 6 Frame d1 repeat. Lol. Solid fundamental anti Grundy play too.

Tom wins the set like 20-12 or 18-10 or something like that. I'll want my run back soon. You are obviously a better player than I and I don't know if that means it's an even MU or what.
Stream archive or maybe just recorded?

Breaker

~AKUMA~
Based solely off of my own experience in the game:

Again, this is just the 5 that seem to dominate me personally... I know Aquaman is def. top 3 but thank god I have HawkGirl and Killer Frost. Black Adam...meh. Superman...meh. Killer Frost...I think she's top 8...just outside the "5". I still think DeathStroke is hella good...The more I type and the more I think about it...almost everyone in this game is a bloody murderer. ;)
I agree with almost everything you've said, I just don't understand why you think Superman is "meh" when he poses some of the most powerful tools in the game as well as over-all damage output, fantastic corner game, possible the best mobility in the game (air dash too gdlk) I believe he belongs in the top 5.

Vggs last night.

well.. BGB is on most of the stages, but even w/o it the mu is still the same pain in the ass for Grundy. Most ppl don't educate themselves on Grundy, I do my homework on every character.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I agree with almost everything you've said, I just don't understand why you think Superman is "meh" when he poses some of the most powerful tools in the game as well as over-all damage output, fantastic corner game, possible the best mobility in the game (air dash too gdlk) I believe he belongs in the top 5.
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not demeaning him, I've just played so many good SM's on the daily (Theo) that I know what to do in this MU. Plus I play HawkGirl and pre nerf she went even with him and now post nerf she slightly has the edge in that MU (not many people know this). And this is just the top 5 in "my world"....the people who dominate me and why.