What's new

Let's Explore This Terror Together: Scarecrow General Discussion

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Randomiszed reversed buttons should be a gear move.

It sorta fits Scarecrow, but it's annoying and never fun.

masherofbuttons

I'll mash out of +30 I know no fear
I mean have you watched like any horror movie? The victims just run around like dumbass headless chickens when they're scared.
Reversing inputs is both aestethically and from a gameplay perspective not a good choice. The comics show people cowering in corners after being subjected to fear gas, having them jump around etc. would kind of ruin it for me.
Besides I just despise input reversion, it's no fun for the player, who can't make a read because the other player is just fastballing random buttons and it's no fun having your inputs reversed either.
Of course this is all opinion and gear doesn't affect my gameplay or competetive in any way. Just wouldn't enjoy fighting it lol

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Reversing inputs is both aestethically and from a gameplay perspective not a good choice. The comics show people cowering in corners after being subjected to fear gas, having them jump around etc. would kind of ruin it for me.
Besides I just despise input reversion, it's no fun for the player, who can't make a read because the other player is just fastballing random buttons and it's no fun having your inputs reversed either.
Of course this is all opinion and gear doesn't affect my gameplay or competetive in any way. Just wouldn't enjoy fighting it lol
Ya that's why I said make it a gear ability.

NRS seems to love that trope and can't help themselves, so if it has to be in the game, then it should be in a mode that doesn't effect me.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
So he has a fireball, teleport and command grab? I'm liking him already. A little underwhelmed by his trait.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I missed the stream... What's his trait?
I had no sound, but it looks like a damage over time aura that when it hits, charges a meter. When the meter is charged, he can use a full screen low hitting ground pound that can be comboed off of, and also puts them in a standing state in a juggle.