What's new

Let's Explore This Terror Together: Scarecrow General Discussion

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
Literally DYING to see more Scarecrow. I constantly bitch about the number of Batman characters but Scarecrow is the guy I'll always make exceptions for.

Looking at those gifs......is that a low d1 I see?

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Literally DYING to see more Scarecrow. I constantly bitch about the number of Batman characters but Scarecrow is the guy I'll always make exceptions for.

Looking at those gifs......is that a low d1 I see?
Looks like it.

I am very curious about his trait, what could it possibly do?
So many possibilities. I really hope NRS do something really cool and creative with it. I have a feeling that it may lock out the opponent's meter or something like that though.

Decided to gif his moves from the trailer.

You are a treasure, Tortoise.

That last gif piques my interest. It could very well be a command grab. Wasn't expecting NRS to take the character in that direction but I am certainly open to the idea of a big scary grappler.

Please please let's see a breakdown or stream soon.

masherofbuttons

I'll mash out of +30 I know no fear
You are a treasure, Tortoise.

That last gif piques my interest. It could very well be a command grab. Wasn't expecting NRS to take the character in that direction but I am certainly open to the idea of a big scary grappler.

Please please let's see a breakdown or stream soon.
In the watchtower stream they mentioned cheetah as 'one of the two grappler characters'. Don't think he'll be a grappler...

In the watchtower stream they mentioned cheetah as 'one of the two grappler characters'. Don't think he'll be a grappler...
I didn't catch that line. Only two grapplers? I would be incredibly disappointed if that's the case.

It could also just be the ending animation of one of his strings. Looks like it'll be a restand regardless of what it is, which has me excited.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I didn't catch that line. Only two grapplers? I would be incredibly disappointed if that's the case.

It could also just be the ending animation of one of his strings. Looks like it'll be a restand regardless of what it is, which has me excited.
Remember just because he's not a grappler doesn't mean he doesn't have a command grab. Butcher has a command grab and he is FAR from a grappler.

Remember just because he's not a grappler doesn't mean he doesn't have a command grab. Butcher has a command grab and he is FAR from a grappler.
Excellent point. Hoping for a command grab, but whatever it is I'm just dying to know the hit advantage. I'm gonna be so sad if it's not a restand and he just slams 'em like Reptile or something. Maybe it adds a poison effect?

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Dunno if this was news but Scarecrow's death in the injustice comic was a production oversight by the writer. Even Brian Buccellato confirmed it as non-canon on twitter.

I have reason to believe that the scarecrow we see is more of a depiction of how the victim of the toxin sees him. He may have the costume on himself and the distortions are more of aftereffect how what the victim sees it. Needless to say, this scarecrow truly does look intimidating.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Dunno if this was news but Scarecrow's death in the injustice comic was a production oversight by the writer. Even Brian Buccellato confirmed it as non-canon on twitter.

I have reason to believe that the scarecrow we see is more of a depiction of how the victim of the toxin sees him. He may have the costume on himself and the distortions are more of aftereffect how what the victim sees it. Needless to say, this scarecrow truly does look intimidating.
Holy shit show Batman.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt

Are you sure? I just looked it up and it says that it's his appearance in year 5 was the production oversight and non-cannon, not his death?
http://injustice.wikia.com/wiki/Scarecrow

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Are you sure? I just looked it up and it says that it's his appearance in year 5 was the production oversight and non-cannon, not his death?
http://injustice.wikia.com/wiki/Scarecrow
FAK, I have reading problems. Then he must have either been resurrected or alt universe, with the former more likely than the latter as it realistically makes more sense.

I need to add that death doesn't mean jackshit for any character not returning, especially comic book death. I mean look at MMH for example in the first game despite his blatant death in the comic. Needless to say, some of the events from the comic book prequel itself were confirmed non-canon from what I heard. Its not out of the realm of possibility that Scarecrow wasn't killed by Joker because of this.

Last edited:

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I'm thinking his trait is spinning scythe, seems like it'd be dumb without some cooldown like traits often have.

The two grapplers they reffered to on that stream were Cheetah and Swamp Thing.

I don't believe Scarecrow died in the Injustice comic. His body is found but he could just be in some sort of paralysis caused by the Joker gas. They never actually say he's dead. All they do is confirm it's Scarecrow and then move along with the story without ever telling you anything more about his condition. He then later fights against Damien in Injustice Year 5. Finally, he's in the Injustice 1 game itself, injecting people with fear toxin attacking them as a stage transition.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I just realized having a hook and chain means similarities to Lobo..

Also did anyone notice in his super it shows the name of whoever it's being performed on on the tombstone?

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
They should have made the scarecrow kind of weak/ a little goofy looking but if he hits you with a certain gas/injection move, he then turns into this monster who is op. The move that transforms him would have to be somewhat hard to land. Maybe like a command grab or something similar