What's new

Let's Explore This Terror Together: Scarecrow General Discussion

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Reverse Inputs, lessen damage he receives, takes away meter build on block, cancels the trait of the opposing character.

All sorts of things you could do.
He could have different fear toxins and each of them could basically do what Valentine's syringes from Skullgirls do or something to that effect.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
I would like to see his trait to be something like a grab that injects the fear toxin into them (kinda like that last gif that Tortoise posted), and unlocks a new moveset based on the opponents fears.
I had thought about this too. Like for batman he could summon a swarm of bats, for superman he could gain a doomsday assist etc.

I think it would be too much for them to implement though

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
I would like to see his trait to be something like a grab that injects the fear toxin into them (kinda like that last gif that Tortoise posted), and unlocks a new moveset based on the opponents fears.
That's too impractical, the trait should reverse inputs. There's nothing scarier than that.

You can all thank me for campaigning and tweeting and constantly posting about Jonathan Crane since the dark ages (Time Before Scarecrow aka TBS)

I kid of course.

On a more serious note, why are we still without a sub forum like the other characters have? Follow up question, why am I not yet a Staff Member for all things Scarecrow? The world needs to know~

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
How is that impractical?
It will prove to be more or less useful depending on who you're playing against, also not as nearly as fitting to the character or scary as reversing the inputs, or randomising them like SneakyTortoise said.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
It will prove to be more or less useful depending on who you're playing against, also not as nearly as fitting to the character or scary as reversing the inputs, or randomising them like SneakyTortoise said.
how is it not as fitting to the character to tap into the fears of the character you're fighting?

Wetdoba

All too easy...
When watching the trailer with him I didnt even put 2 and 2 together when I saw the throw with the hook and the one with the gas at the end, I was just like "oh thats his throw," to both of them lol. If the gas is a command grab and potentialy his trait that acts like tanyas shroud but instead of extra damage on fireballs he gains new fear based moves kinda like grodds telekinetic moves that would be amazing.

Randomized/reversed inputs is as scrubby and random as it gets though. Please do not make the character a giant walking gimmick, he deserves better than that and NRS should never use that mechanic again.