What's new

Let's Explore This Terror Together: Scarecrow General Discussion

He has got some awesome range. His d2 looks as good as Aquaman's in IGAU and the f3/b3 have got so much range that I bet it will be possible to use them as anti-zoning tools (ala Bone Shaper's Scepter back when it had armour) if you MB them. Still hoping for Brainiac to have some great range as well with his techno-tentacles.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
He's not bad but i think they could have done a better job. His trait is Fangs V-Trigger with a ground pound? There's so much cool things they could have done imo. Plus his coolest specials are gear related so i'll never get to use them.

I really hope you can cover him up with gear cause a really dont like the jean shorts and zombie chest.
I thought just this. They did a lot of stuff right, but there was endless potential for that trait, and it just ended up being pretty damn generic.

TheRealOnlyGoonie

Hey You Guys
He's not bad but i think they could have done a better job. His trait is Fangs V-Trigger with a ground pound? There's so much cool things they could have done imo. Plus his coolest specials are gear related so i'll never get to use them.

I really hope you can cover him up with gear cause a really dont like the jean shorts and zombie chest.
I AGREE HIS TRAIT MIGHT BE THE WORST I SEEN SO FAR.

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
I think his trait is fine. Unlike alot of others its not a big buildup to something huge, like a bar that needs charging for half the game like firestorm. It can be used immediately and has immediate effects, and also has an end game reward. And since u get that bar filled by dealing damage ur also gonna be closer to winning anyway considering how much damage needs to be done for the bar to be fully filled.

I think at worst itll be a solid character power when lined up against everyone elses. Depending on how insane the ground pound will be, I think it has a lot of potential based on what weve seen so far.

TheRealOnlyGoonie

Hey You Guys
I think his trait is fine. Unlike alot of others its not a big buildup to something huge, like a bar that needs charging for half the game like firestorm. It can be used immediately and has immediate effects, and also has an end game reward. And since u get that bar filled by dealing damage ur also gonna be closer to winning anyway considering how much damage needs to be done for the bar to be fully filled.

I think at worst itll be a solid character power when lined up against everyone elses. Depending on how insane the ground pound will be, I think it has a lot of potential based on what weve seen so far.
LOL WHAT?? DID U EVEN WATCH THE GAMEPLAY. THE BAR HAS TO BUILD UP BEFORE HE CAN USE IT.

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
LOL WHAT?? DID U EVEN WATCH THE GAMEPLAY. THE BAR HAS TO BUILD UP BEFORE HE CAN USE IT.
The bar builds up while giving him a damage over time. I mean the damage over time builds up the bar, but theres gonna be more time when the bar is building than it isnt I think. In the video he could activate it instantly. Unless they had a setting on to change that (which they had to switch on for firestorm, so its not on by default) then from what weve seen u can use it instantly. Unless im remembering it wrong.
And at least from the livestream it looked like inbetween gases had little to no cooldown.

Also no need for caps. Just voicing my opinion, im not attacking you.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
My thoughts on his trait:

I am glad that they've given him a trait you have to think about a bit, rather than a "lol press 4 to receive awesome buff". Imo this is how most of the traits should be designed.

Saying that, it will possibly be one of the weaker traits in the game because of it.

I think it'll likely be one of the things in the game that will take NRS a little while to get right in the patches (i.e. Altering the speed the meter builds/drains).

I am looking forward to getting my hands on it and seeing how it plays out in real games

BlackViper415

TYM's Head Herpetologist
At least his trait is somewhat relevant to his character. I'll never understand why they thought a good trait for the Joker would be a parry that makes him run faster.

trufenix

bye felicia
But the gas its so powerful?
ilusions can hurt affected people and make he a giant?
I don't understand about this characters power, can anyone explain to me? :eek:
His powers have nothing to do with this character. People just wanted Scarecrow, so here's Scarecrow.

Scarecrow is the character I wanted to main, right up there with Swampthing. I love how they did Scarecrow for the most part, but I have to admit that Scarecrows trait scared the shit out of me, so in that respect NRS did a great job. As soon as I saw that poison cloud, my PTSD kicked in. I can still hear the voices in my head "Two minutes, all I need is two minutes to finish you. Take the poison". I can't escape Fang's shitty v-trigger! I'm still going to be playing him in Injustice 2.

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
After giving it some thought I may have misjudged how long itll take to fill up his trait, what with how far the gas extends and the optimal ranges you're going to be playing at.
That said, with how big a deal they made the ground pound out to be, do u guys think its plus?

Also i was thinking, if he has a decent stagger game, the trait may come into play more often as well.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
After giving it some thought I may have misjudged how long itll take to fill up his trait, what with how far the gas extends and the optimal ranges you're going to be playing at.
That said, with how big a deal they made the ground pound out to be, do u guys think its plus?

Also i was thinking, if he has a decent stagger game, the trait may come into play more often as well.
It better be plus cuz if that shit is super minus/full combo punishable it's gonna be a lot less good than it probably should be based on the investment.

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
It better be plus cuz if that shit is super minus/full combo punishable it's gonna be a lot less good than it probably should be based on the investment.
Yeah, i figured its gotta be safe. But since its not a low, (if its plus) it could sound like it could provide us with a scary tool, if it turns out he doesnt have many pressure tools.

Im trying to figure out more applications from the obvious anti zoning it provides. Despite us only having a very small amount of info.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Yeah, i figured its gotta be safe. But since its not a low, (if its plus) it could sound like it could provide us with a scary tool, if it turns out he doesnt have many pressure tools.

Im trying to figure out more applications from the obvious anti zoning it provides. Despite us only having a very small amount of info.
I feel like there are gonna be dirty set ups involving full trait and tele (if it's plus and dependent on how plus, AND if we can tele in place)

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
tele is something im skeptical on. I hope its good, but i just get this nagging feeling its gonna end up like relentless lake mist. not in the sense that u cant choose where to end up, but i feel like the recovery just wont be fast enough. Itll get us around and its probably a decent wakeup, but for some reason I dont have any faith its gonna be like a displacer tele. But il just have to wait and see.

I'll admit, Scarecrow wasn't a character that I had any interest in before... but after seeing his moves in action, I'll probably have to add him onto my ever-growing list of 'new characters to try out' with a view to using him as a main or secondary.

I actually see a lot of parallels between him and INJ1 Raven. They both have a projectile absorber, Scarecrow's teleport looks like it has comparable frame data to Raven's, his crow gear move is ultra similar to Raven's df1, and it seems likely that he'll excel at similar ranges to where Raven did as well. He also seems to have elements of D'Vorah (Venomous especially) too, so that's pretty awesome.

Narrowing down to a main is going to be a long, slow journey at this rate...