What's new

Let's Explore This Terror Together: Scarecrow General Discussion

Is fear toxin still -8? Cause that's pretty crazy for an invincible wakeup. And where does it hit? I've never used grounded fear toxin in neutral or as antiair before lol. Does it hit above his head at all?

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Is fear toxin still -8? Cause that's pretty crazy for an invincible wakeup. And where does it hit? I've never used grounded fear toxin in neutral or as antiair before lol. Does it hit above his head at all?
It's either -7 or -8 with pushback, and it hits under his head unfortunately. Anyone neutral jumping will avoid it.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
We got a wakeup!!!!!! Fuck yes! Doesn't even matter that is shitty. The option is there now. This will help immensely..

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Was looking at the Hit Box of DB3. I've hit people neutral jumping before in sets, although it's one of those things that you may not be doing 100% consistently in the heat of the moment.

Yea true. It can definitely be njp but the beauty is that they have to do it fairly late which will give us the option to d2 or backdash. Back dashing will actually be
Useful on wake up now.. We made it

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
Went from worst wake-ups to some of the best (you mean to tell me the difficult to punish even if baited db3 is coupled with a semi-invincible wake-up throw?)

Damn son, just when I started taking Brainiac to training mode to compliment my boi, NRS said "nah, we gotchu, stick it out which yo boi."

Can we start upplaying now?

Last edited:

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Yea true. It can definitely be njp but the beauty is that they have to do it fairly late which will give us the option to d2 or backdash. Back dashing will actually be
Useful on wake up now.. We made it
When you were hitting him, those were not wake ups though..

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Went from worst wake-ups to some of the best (you mean to tell me the difficult to punish even if baited db3 is coupled with a semi-invincible wake-up throw?)

Damn son, just when I started taking Brainiac to training mode to compliment my boi, NRS said "nah, we gotchu, stick it out which yo boi."

Can we start upplaying now?
It's not the throw, it's the trait blast that's the wakeup. But it's easily stuffed

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
The wakeup feels sooo good. He feels complete now. Obviously still has a few issues but he now feels how he should have.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
The more I use it the more and more I realize that D2 Ticks aren't that good. Against good players they're just gonna jump once they see the very obvious animation and punish you. I started doing D2 into MBDB2 to discourage that but as a whole I try to stay away from them. I only use them when I'm playing someone who very obviously doesn't know the MU that well or when I'm in situations when IDK if they're gonna hit buttons but I still need damage, so like I'll meaty D2 grab them when they're in the corner or after a MB BF1 I do a slight walk forward and D2 Grab

This is a really good strat but there are some characters that will blow you up if you try to do this (Bane d1, Cheetah d3) so make sure you know what the opponents options are.
D2 tick throw is good to mix up with raw cmd grab as if they try to jump the grab they'll get hit by D2 grab.

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
If they neutral jump wake-up db2 should hit them, if they respect ur wake-up u can mb for advantage.

Anyone have a list of knockdown/oki options and frame advantage? I'm trying to figure out how to end my combos, like I still can't tell if f21xxbf1 or f213 is better when I don't have meter.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Anyone have a list of knockdown/oki options and frame advantage? I'm trying to figure out how to end my combos, like I still can't tell if f21xxbf1 or f213 is better when I don't have meter.
I look at it as you should end differently depending on how the match is going and the situation I'm in. So:

F21xxBF1- I use this as a general ender for someone I want to keep close, when I need damage, or when I get a meter less bounce (for example, if instead of launching with MB DB1 if I got a BGB instead). That way I still only spent a max of 1 bar which will then give me +21 and deny them having wakeups

F21xx4- I use this when I really need trait out, usually either when I have a sizeable life lead or I'm fighting a character where it's very hard to get trait out against. It's the safest way to get trait out and depending on what character you're fighting you can pressure with f133.

F21xxDB3- I use this against characters that I know need to come to me (Cheetah, Bane). This sends them pretty far away and gives out a free trait. If I also want to send them farther I'll end with 22f3.

When I'm in the corner I'll either end with MB BF1 or command grab. Grab does more damage and you're still right by them. I'll only MB BF1 if I really don't want them to be able to wakeup or if they're in a kill situation.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Does anyone else have input problems with Scarecrow? I admit I don't have the best execution in the world but something seems off. I keep getting specials I don't want and having issues with a lot of his combos.

For example if I try to 12 db1ex b3 whatever, if I as so much as take a small step forward before I do the 12 to db1 I get the db2 special, it is kind of ridiculous. Like I said I know I am not great but im not THAT bad. I find myself getting really frustrated.

Any tips other than git gud?

foxof42

Thanksgiving corner game, going ham and stuffing
Try turning off input shortcuts. That helps me when I use Robin. His d2-f4 will forever be d2-df4 with input shortcuts on, just for example. The downside will be that dbf3 and instant air fear gas require tighter execution.

foxof42

Thanksgiving corner game, going ham and stuffing
Was looking at the Hit Box of DB3. I've hit people neutral jumping before in sets, although it's one of those things that you may not be doing 100% consistently in the heat of the moment.

Db2 is a decent anti air with some exceptions. (Aquaman's jump in.) For the neutral jumpers, eat a fearnado and don't try it again. And I'll still be using delayed wakeup, it's so good for saying no to setups.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Try turning off input shortcuts. That helps me when I use Robin. His d2-f4 will forever be d2-df4 with input shortcuts on, just for example. The downside will be that dbf3 and instant air fear gas require tighter execution.
I have all of that stuff off except for the one that allows me to grab with 1 and 2 pressed together. Idk what the deal is and it frustrated me quite a bit today lol

Ill keep working on it but it is a little discouraging when I know sometimes it's not even an error on my part and because of some weird input buffer as I can see what I am pressing in training mode.

Thanks for the reply though, ill keep working on it!