What's new

Let's Explore This Terror Together: Scarecrow General Discussion

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
How come no one has started a frame data thread for Scarecrow or any other character for that matter.... well at least I dont think they have been on Dr Fate , Canary and Cap cold threads and no one has frame data on a thread is it because its in the game or another reason? would like to think of some frame traps while I am at work but need solid information.
There is a tread for frame data here: https://testyourmight.com/threads/injustice-2-community-frame-data.63677/

But it's not complete yet.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I
about his wake ups, you can always block and pushblock on wake up not a big deal.
he's supposed to have weaknesses, as I said before true heavy zoners will give him trouble but that's just the nature of the MU.
Having secondary chars might be a must with SC.

I just started learning and got a long way to go but if they buff anything just give him more health, faster d2, faster backdash or walk speed and he should be fine.

@masherofbuttons
I like playing as safe as possible, I much rather be plus than negative or having to deal with all those mind games that comes with death spin.

Side note Toxic Breath could be use to close up rounds by holding it it does decent chip damage.
how are you going to push block a 50/50

Scarecrow needs a wake up. He's not good enough to justify existing without one. String gaps, air escapes, MB rolls, armor, good back dashes and just zoning in general are problems for this character. One knockdown from your opponent and it's mix city all damn day.

Scarecrow needs a wake up. He's not good enough to justify existing without one. String gaps, air escapes, MB rolls, armor, good back dashes and just zoning in general are problems for this character. One knockdown from your opponent and it's mix city all damn day.
Agreed, he struggles against zoning already, but he also struggles against rushdown. He really needs that wakeup, or a faster backdash.

masherofbuttons

I'll mash out of +30 I know no fear
What move has armor on scarecrow, that i just can throw out there ?
MbB3/mbf3 are your best options

I'm getting good results pushblocking on wakeup, it puts the opponent at an advantageous range for crow. Not ideal but definitely better than being free on kd

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
It's funny. Robin and this character were the two I've gravitated towards early in this game. Both have good kits, but SIGNIFICANT problems.

The hunt for a good character with spacing normals continues!!! (Will still play them both because they are fun, but good lord scarecrow gets his **** pushed in on knockdown.)

masherofbuttons

I'll mash out of +30 I know no fear
After d3 scarecrow can dash up for a meaty command grab or use f1 to chase a backdash.
You can also do a slight step forward and depending on how far you walk you either cross up or don't.
I think this is way better than the f213 knockdown but you do get less damage. You'll have to jump in with 2 instead of 3 for the sweep to hit

xengsu

Nico 91K @ PSN
What do you guys use as a punisher after blocking a unsafe string? cant realy find something that is fast and mid.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
What do you guys use as a punisher after blocking a unsafe string? cant realy find something that is fast and mid.
1,2 into whatever you please works, but I do get poked out of it with D1's if the move isn't too negative.

I like D1 because of the tendency of online players to default to mashing D1

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
His db3 should get some invincibility frames, imo

Also, his trait is very similar to canary's trait, but to recharge it she just needs to wait, and scarecrow has to work his ass. Puzzling.
Yeah I've thought about the canary comparison a lot, as I think every Scarecrow main is envious of it.

I guess the justification would be that we have much better neutral options outside of trait, whereas canary uses hers to compensate for her poor neutral tools.

I still think Scarecrow's trait will probably receive changes in every single patch because no one will know how to balance it. Ideally, I'd just like to see the traumatise bar not deplete after it's ready to use

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
I've been curious as well, like the strong doesn't even come out in block, and while the damage is good it isn't cancellable and it whiffs in the corner... Honestly is his most useless string right now.
Really feels like it. Tried labbing option select 3, f2(dbf3) to see if the f2 would come out on hit and the command grab on block but that didn't work. Not sure what it's for.

xengsu

Nico 91K @ PSN
What do you guys when your opponent keeps blocking low? B1,2 has such low range as a starter and slow startup

Anyone find a use for 3, f2, throw?
lol it really is bad. Honestly if your opponent is in the corner and you somehow can confirm the 3 will land (like a traumatize combo that hasnt used any juggles yet :() AND you want to conserve meter.. you can do 3,f2, throw, d1,d1,123, command throw.