What's new

Let's Explore This Terror Together: Scarecrow General Discussion

TheRealOnlyGoonie

Hey You Guys
THE ISSUE WITH THIS CHARACTER IS HIS TRAIT. ITS JUST SO SHIT, IT SHOULD NOT RELY ON DOT DAMAGE TO FILL UP, THIS WAY THE CHARACTER CAN COMPETE WIT ZONERS, I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT ELSE TO SAY ABOUT THIS CHARACTER.

masherofbuttons

I'll mash out of +30 I know no fear
ok some better tech. Anti-Wakeup Tech for Harley and Superman

The superman one is easier for me when I buffer db2 mb than command grab. When they block you can be plus and it's a full combo on hit so it covers them getting hit too

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
The thing that really irks me is that his traumatize doesn't even work how it was designed to. It was supposed to be used as a strong anti zoning tool you would get after hard work to fill it up but you can't do anything with it full screen since if it trades with a projectile, you cannot follow it up with anything.

SOLEdier

IHideBehindIceClones
First time checking this thread out and I am glad I am not the only one that feels the fear against Zoners. Slow, Weak wake up game, and trait isn't great either. But he's cool though...

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Honestly I could care less about zoners just be patient. It's these rush down characters that kill me on knock down

JDM

Noob
The superman one is easier for me when I buffer db2 mb than command grab. When they block you can be plus and it's a full combo on hit so it covers them getting hit too
Yeah it probably works too but I kept getting DB2 even on whiff. Maybe I just need to delay the special more to make it come out on block or hit only.

JDM

Noob
i guarantee you it'll hit AT LEAST one person. Does it switch inputs?
didn't test it. And yeah it will hit people the first time probably but you likely can't even use it more than one time against the same person. There's no reason to not just hold down unless they are trying to jump your command grab.

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
This character has some strange strings and frame data. His low > mid > overhead string has a bit of stagger potential but it might not work on people with good reactions. Cut it off after the mid and do the same low > mid string so you have that OH/low mixup. Could also go for a throw or a d1. The big downside is the OH having such low reward and being unsafe.

He has a good setup if he has the enemy in the corner and traumatize is available. Any combo leading into Traumatize will work but an example is 123 > Traumatize > trait > 123 > Schizo deals very respectable damage while filling trait by a good chunk and if you stay near the enemy (which isn't hard because you have them in the corner), it will deal over 50% of the enemies health just from that one combo meterless due to the trait still ticking.

Has anyone noticed his Fear Blast (I think that's the name) has the same poison system as Venomous D'vorah? It starts out being tiny but multiple hits will multiply the damage by a lot. It also has a set time limit from the first application. Seems quite useless though.

Last edited:

gibster13

A fan of fans
Hey, I am not sure if this reset/setup is know, if so my bad but I have chosen to look at traumatise as a restand not a combo extender.

I end in traumatise and S2, which is +17 on hit, thus granting a reset chance. In the video I keep it simple and d1 tick throw but Im sure one can do a b1

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
also not really sure why his MB dash seems so bad. Seems like a little bit better one of those would help a lot with zoners. The super; whatever. Meter almost always gonna be used on better stuff.

How come no one has started a frame data thread for Scarecrow or any other character for that matter.... well at least I dont think they have been on Dr Fate , Canary and Cap cold threads and no one has frame data on a thread is it because its in the game or another reason? would like to think of some frame traps while I am at work but need solid information.

masherofbuttons

Some very good tech. Not mine though, it was posted in discord by insomniac
Haven't tested it yet, but you can probably buffer a command grab for a kd on hit and a tick throw when the opponent guesses right
Edit: still just theorycrafting, but if you don't go for the crossup you can cancel into fear blast to remain plus and you still get a combo on hit

masherofbuttons

How come no one has started a frame data thread for Scarecrow or any other character for that matter.... well at least I dont think they have been on Dr Fate , Canary and Cap cold threads and no one has frame data on a thread is it because its in the game or another reason? would like to think of some frame traps while I am at work but need solid information.
Frame data is included in character move lists