What's new

LBSH Tombstone Bottom 5?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Some of those numbers look ridiculous. I know for a fact that Freddy does not beat Nightwolf 8:2.

The more important point is, if you are serious about placing high at a major tournament, come prepared with a top tier character. At some point or another, you will fight Cyrax, Kabal, Kenshi, Kung Lao, Sonya, etc. so if you main Nightwolf, you are fucked of course.

zaf

professor
Some of those numbers look ridiculous. I know for a fact that Freddy does not beat Nightwolf 8:2.

The more important point is, if you are serious about placing high at a major tournament, come prepared with a top tier character. At some point or another, you will fight Cyrax, Kabal, Kenshi, Kung Lao, Sonya, etc. so if you main Nightwolf, you are fucked of course.
i have no problem with fighting any of those characters as ermac and he is not considered a top tier.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions

Holy shit we agreed

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

Freddy NW is terrible. Whether it is 2-8 or 3-7 doesn't matter that much. It's fucking terrible.

I agree with the second part of your post 100%

M2Dave

Zoning Master
i have no problem with fighting any of those characters as ermac and he is not considered a top tier.
If you ever fight CD Jr., Maxter, Pig, REO, etc., you will have problems. The point is that Ermac does OK versus the top tier characters, and OK means he still loses but at least does not lose 7:3 to all of them like some characters do.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
It doesn't matter how good/bad your character is. If you do not play Kenshi/Kung Lao/Kabal then you're not going to win a tournament.

No character outside those 3 will ever win another major where there is a high level player for each of those characters.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
That luis kang always showing up trying to take Liu Kang's place... must be Kung Lao in disguise...

No way he loses to Sub 3-7. NO WAY

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
People in general give the low tiers too much credit and the high tiers not enough.

Reos new MU list for kabal is about right and people who play characters like NW, jade, stryker, and baraka need to get real.

sorry STB Sgt Reed

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
It doesn't matter how good/bad your character is. If you do not play Kenshi/Kung Lao/Kabal then you're not going to win a tournament.

No character outside those 3 will ever win another major where there is a high level player for each of those characters.
Sad, but true. Gotta add CDjr's Jax to that list tho.

Espio

Kokomo
Hold up....the Baraka, Stryker, or Jade communities don't go around overrating our characters and acting like they're super good, most of us have said our characters were bottom tier for months upon months. I've seen other people doing it a lot though.

Most of us just choose to work with the tools we've got and don't complain all the time because it fixes nothing, no patch is coming nor anything else....

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Hold up....the Baraka, Stryker, or Jade communities don't go around overrating our characters and acting like they're super good, most of us have said our characters were bottom tier for months upon months. I've seen other people doing it a lot though.

Most of us just choose to work with the tools we've got and don't complain all the time because it fixes nothing, no patch is coming nor anything else....
i didnt say they did really...but many many many MU that are 4-6 get moved to 5-5 and matches that are really 2-8 and 7-3 get moved to 4-6. I'm just saying, lets be totally serious here.

Espio

Kokomo
i didnt say they did really...but many many many MU that are 4-6 get moved to 5-5 and matches that are really 2-8 and 7-3 get moved to 4-6. I'm just saying, lets be totally serious here.
We'll be serious here...I'm not too worried about it either way in terms of where the chips fall, I'm not quite interested in sugar coating anything, I just don't really feel most matches are that bad...although 2-8 and 3-7's do exist in this game, my characters have some and I have not disputed that nor do I care all that much.

zaf

professor
If you ever fight CD Jr., Maxter, Pig, REO, etc., you will have problems. The point is that Ermac does OK versus the top tier characters, and OK means he still loses but at least does not lose 7:3 to all of them like some characters do.
i dont mind 6-4 mus either
i just grind out the tough match ups to a point where i am comfortable with them.
cage is one of my favorite mus

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme

dude have you ever tried to fight freddy with nightwolf? its fucking impossible,freddy can punish all wakeups with ns,you cant use arrow because of ground spike,you cant use lightning because he can teleport on reaction,theres no point reflecting because he can just block and ground spike afterwards.your basically left with ex shoulder to get a knockdown,thats it,thats your 1 weapon.this is one of the worst matchups in the game.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
dude have you ever tried to fight freddy with nightwolf? its fucking impossible,freddy can punish all wakeups with ns,you cant use arrow because of ground spike,you cant use lightning because he can teleport on reaction,theres no point reflecting because he can just block and ground spike afterwards.your basically left with ex shoulder to get a knockdown,thats it,thats your 1 weapon.this is one of the worst matchups in the game.
Well he has a saving grace in that Freddy has slow normals / big hitbox, while NW has relatively quick ones compared to Freddy, so I guess once you're relatively close you might be able to force a mistake. Other than that he'll just have to play the same game a majority of others have to.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
In the current state of the game, just pick smoke, kung lao, or CSZ in this match, there is no point being loyal to your character against Freddy, you will just make it easy for him.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
In the current state of the game, just pick smoke, kung lao, or CSZ in this match, there is no point being loyal to your character against Freddy, you will just make it easy for him.
yeah,i mean freddy is the only character that forces me to pick raiden or kung lao,two characters i know nothing about at all and i still do better with them than my main or my shitty secondary.@fly,looking forward to seeing your reptile man.

This thread is so stupid. Because all the garbage NW players aren't as good as other top players, that makes NW bad? There's a reason everyone who dropped NW went to Kabal. I disagree with about 95% of this chart.