What's new

Latest Mortal Kombat 11 'leak': tag mode, full roster, DLC and more

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
I would call that a loud minority. He's been playable in every MK game (sans MK9) since Deadly Alliance and even made it into Puzzle Kombat.
He wasn't in MKVSDCU, and wasn't in MKX at launch or part of KP1.

BRC has always gotten a mixed reception - heck you can see it right here in this discussion.

That's still better reception than 90% of the 3d era cast though, and at least half of the MKDA newcomers.

wishlist

Motaro
NoobSmoke
Blaze

make 3 chars per slot instead of variations- sub z/cyber z/ noob, scorp/ermac/smoke, shang/shinnok/mk1 shang, mileena/kitana/tanya etc

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
He wasn't in MKVSDCU, and wasn't in MKX at launch or part of KP1.

BRC has always gotten a mixed reception - heck you can see it right here in this discussion.

That's still better reception than 90% of the 3d era cast though, and at least half of the MKDA newcomers.
Well I counted MKX but I knew I must have been overlooking a game, God damnit MKvsDCU, you were pretty fun to play casually though

SinkFla

Noob
MvCi is tag team.... and limited to two players in a match lol. Same with MvC3. With that said... I don't think Tag is coming back. God, I wish it was though.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Never said. His son was only mentioned in Kano's MKX ending and there was pretty much no real details on anything. I'm assuming it's a character you never heard of, though.
Didn't Kano raped Sonya and had a daughter that was like the female version of Kano with red hair that got swept under the rug ?Question mark?

sure we can. We know there will be a variation system, we know there will be a cosmetics system... we can assume from that with near certainty that there will only be one Borg, and you use those systems to turn it into one of the 4.... or it will not be in it at all.
That's what I was thinking, as well.
IF it's true that Cyrax is in, then Sektor can probably be swapped in the same was as the TMNT in Injustice 2, with another loadout, given that customization seems to be added into MK11.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
If this is true, how in the F&*% could they leave out Kabal for two consecutive MK games? Absolute travesty. He needs to be in this game.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
If kustomization is true, then I'd love to make Sub Zero's clothes with the cyberpunk theme (dark clothes with neon blue lights).

vapid

cyber warlord
The main thing that makes me deeply suspicious of this 'leak' is that there is a new character, Nimbus, pegged as DLC. This is extremely unlikely to be true, as new characters are introduced in the base roster and story mode; it's very difficult to advertise characters that people aren't already aware of, and it would obviously sell far less than anyone else.

Unless, of course, Nimbus is some sort of code word for another (actual) character.

That said, with the exception of Havik and Reiko being absent, this is a very nice roster, and it'll be great to have Rain, Smoke and Noob (my MK9 mains) back; I found the MKX roster underwhelming, and very few of the characters really clicked for me.

It does seem a bit... well, obvious, though, in the sense that the roster seems like a load of fan favourites thrown together. Maybe it's legit, maybe it isn't, but Ermac being relegated to KP1 seems odd - though not impossible - and Pennywise and Myers seem very obvious choices as DLC - lots of people have mentioned them for a while now. In a sense, that makes me think it's less an actual leak, and more 'what have other people on internet forums been requesting.'

Espio

Kokomo
The main thing that makes me deeply suspicious of this 'leak' is that there is a new character, Nimbus, pegged as DLC. This is extremely unlikely to be true, as new characters are introduced in the base roster and story mode; it's very difficult to advertise characters that people aren't already aware of, and it would obviously sell far less than anyone else.

I mean technically speaking that's the LEAST suspicious part of it. NRS has had a pattern with their DLC characters where they include a very obscure or rumor base character. Skarlet was based on a rumor and had no story mode relevance but still managed to be a DLC choice and while Tremor appeared in the comic and special forces he definitely wasn't a household name that casuals think of when they describe MK plus no story mode presence.

I wouldn't even be remotely surprised if another rumor or super obscure character is downloadable content.

I will be shocked if NRS doesn't do: Popular Post MK3 character for DLC (Kenshi/Tanya), Rumor/obscure character (Skarlet/Tremor), and whoever was a highly requested character from that era of the story/games (Rain/Triborg).

plz
-
Frost
Cassie Cage
Takeda
Jacquie
Deagon

+
Motaro
NoobSmoke
Cyber Smoke
Blaze
Onaga
Chameleon
Reiko
Kintaro
Nightwolf
Ashrah

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I mean technically speaking that's the LEAST suspicious part of it. NRS has had a pattern with their DLC characters where they include a very obscure or rumor base character. Skarlet was based on a rumor and had no story mode relevance but still managed to be a DLC choice and while Tremor appeared in the comic and special forces he definitely wasn't a household name that casuals think of when they describe MK plus no story mode presence.

I wouldn't even be remotely surprised if another rumor or super obscure character is downloadable content.

I will be shocked if NRS doesn't do: Popular Post MK3 character for DLC (Kenshi/Tanya), Rumor/obscure character (Skarlet/Tremor), and whoever was a highly requested character from that era of the story/games (Rain/Triborg).
Yeah my guess is unless they are all in the main story, Fujin, Sareena or Li Mei will fill the Kenshi/Tanya slot.

The thing about Nimbus is he isn't just some fan rumor, he was an actual April Fool's joke in Electronic Gaming Monthly. I think there'd be legal concerns.

If any 'rumor' character were going to make the jump a la Ermac, Skarlet, or Blaze, I'd put a wager on Hornbuckle. But otherwise we are mostly out of klassic rumors.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
Seriously? It's Havik BTW. ;)

Dirty, you didn't play MKD?
I did toward the end. Raiden and RAKA baby. There was another Baraka player back then, I can’t remember his name, he was good.
Anyways, storms use ur clout, get us our tarakatan back.:D