What's new

Latest Ed Boon tweets might reveal future changes for Scorpion and possibly Batgirl

ReZo

MKX
How are people reliably punishing his teleport? He always seems too far away for me to get much :(

Go into the lab, such as I did, and find a combo that will punish scorpions teleport on block.

Forget about the MB teleports, they are +9 on block, not punishable.

When you block his regular or his air teleport he spins in the air in front of you. Likely you will need to combo before he touches the ground.

It is risky, but the second he touches the ground you can start a regular ground combo, but if you miss-time it, then he blocks your string, GG.

I found a combo with black adam that works while he is still in the air spinning.
22, Lightning cage MB, 11, trait, B23 u1+3 ((43%) 14 hits) works every time.

Find a combo that works from a normal ground string, D2 (Anti-Air) scales your combo's immensely, so try from a 112, 113 starter into a MB special of some kind.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
That's a bit shitty :(
But I guess Scorpion was pretty easy in some cases, I will still find him enjoyable to play and a better character than most after some nerfs as long as they don't go too crazy.

prospic

Noob
Every dlc has to be patch..so retarded. Why not wait till every character is out? This is getting out of hand with patches. Injustice has more crybabies than mk9 community.

Posthuman

Where's TJ Combo?
At this point I don't even care, I'm horrible at this game and its too scrub friendly for my taste. I'm about to drop it and going back to MK9, AE( getting a balance soon) and probably giving KOFXlll a good try.

Good news for Black Adam? What the living fuck?!
I saw that and I was like seriously good news for one of the characters that's currently one of the best in the game. Are we fucking playing favorites NRS and when did we start announcing nerfs for DLC characters that haven't even been out a week? You know what that means right we didn't do a good enough job testing these characters and the game isn't as balanced as it should be. Also im sorry if I don't know who he is but who the fuck is Charles Ortiz? Why should he have a say when it comes to what character should get nerfed?

At this point I don't even care, I'm horrible at this game and its too scrub friendly for my taste. I'm about to drop it and going back to MK9, AE( getting a balance soon) and probably giving KOFXlll a good try.
How is this game scrub friendly? Seems to me the best players are dominating this game so yea I don't see how this game is scrub friendly.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
I saw that and I was like seriously good news for one of the characters that's currently one of the best in the game. Are we fucking playing favorites NRS and when did we start announcing nerfs for DLC characters that haven't even been out a week? You know what that means right we didn't do a good enough job testing these characters and the game isn't as balanced as it should be.

This has been confirmed fake, all of it

streetsweep187

Kneel before me
Someone kick these Scorpion mainers and apologist hard in their heads.

The character is broken. Teleport is too fast and leads to stupid resets.

"oh but you can block it. Just press down" AND EAT A FUCKING J+3 or hell fire in the face.

Ridiculously broken. Black Adam, Killer Frost and Batman are Lobo tier near this character.
You can't even bait teleport and use armored b+3 to punish it. You HAVE to block it. If you don't block it, you don't get to punish it. You're punished instead.

They kept the character exactly the same coming from a game with broken features. It was obvious to anyone with a two digit IQ, that any ninja from MK simply doesn't work in a game with no block button, let alone scorpion who has the most abusable moves in it if you don't have a block button.

Here's how they should've done the teleport punch:

Regular version: It teleports in front of the character... you know, like Batgirl's.
MB version: It teleports behind the character. It doesn't launch, but sets up for 50/50s.

THERE. The character is now balanced for this game. Actually add a second change.
His hellfire has the same start up frames as Lex's Laser Beam.

As it stand now, you can't even attempt to attack him when he jumps or you'll eat a teleport... and he can do it all day.

Fucking hope this character gets nerfed to oblivion and makes Bane and Lobo look top tier characters.
Your broken ....scorpion is fine

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Wait a sec could it be there new characters and were still adjusting to them? Screw it easier to complain and have Batgirl/Scorpion nerfed instead.
Batgirl yea, I myself was guilty of the "too soon to complain" crime. She's really good though.

Scorpion, not a chance in hell. Reo was laughing at how godly and easy he is to use. Rather not wait till people master him and turn him into a MUCH easier to use Kabal tier.

Batgirl yea, I myself was guilty of the "too soon to complain" crime. She's really good though.

Scorpion, not a chance in hell. Reo was laughing at how godly and easy he is to use. Rather not wait till people master him and turn him into a MUCH easier to use Kabal tier.
As I mentioned people don't have much experience fighting scorpion me included I mean look at how you yourself admitted you were guilty of complaining about batgirl so to soon. Ill bring up another aspect Lobo is so bad that it also makes the other DLC characters look that much better. I really do hate to say it but I give all Lobo mainers props that's a damn tough character to excel with at any level of play.

Maniak

Nightwing & Batgirl
yes batgirl is not on the same level as scorpion. batgirl is super unsafe on her teleport. if your getting hit by it dont throw projectiles or jump around too much.

How could they nerf batgirl. She anti zones well but she isnt broke like scorpion.
As I mentioned people don't have much experience fighting scorpion me included I mean look at how you yourself admitted you were guilty of complaining about batgirl so to soon. Ill bring up another aspect Lobo is so bad that it also makes the other DLC characters look that much better. I really do hate to say it but I give all Lobo mainers props that's a damn tough character at any level to excel with.
How could they nerf batgirl. She anti zones well but she isnt broke like scorpion.
The possibility of being top tier or broken?

in other news: well hopefully lex gets some waaaay better startup on all his specials thats really all he needs. i think if that happens he will definetely climb his way up the list

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
in other news: well hopefully lex gets some waaaay better starup on all his specials thats really all he needs. i think if that happens he will definetely climb his way up the list
Tweet was fake. Doesn't mean he wont get buffed... but it isn't guaranteed.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
As I mentioned people don't have much experience fighting scorpion me included I mean look at how you yourself admitted you were guilty of complaining about batgirl so to soon. Ill bring up another aspect Lobo is so bad that it also makes the other DLC characters look that much better. I really do hate to say it but I give all Lobo mainers props that's a damn tough character at any level to excel with.
True it's been less than a week, but this feels like original Lao spin type of stuff. In 10 minutes we knew that needed to be turned down. This is how I feel with Scorpion. With Batgirl it took a lil time to adjust to her and see that she's good, but you just have to fight her smart.

But with Scorpion, a competent player playing him, it must be one of the worst cases of "no risk/incredibly high reward" I've seen in a long time. Maybe it's worse because I use ONLY Sinestro and Raven, but damn it's like you can't even move without instantly being caught up in safe 50/50's indefinitely from anywhere on the screen for an entire match. The only way i have semi-success is to just go head on YOLO which is the exact opposite of my playstyle and more luck than skill. He's like a Super Frost on roids lol.