What's new

Latest Ed Boon tweets might reveal future changes for Scorpion and possibly Batgirl

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Looks like the NRS crew is planning on some changes soon regarding the two latest DLC characters. Could it be a nerf to MB Teleport? Could it be that everyone else in the cast gets buffed?

Either way, it looks like NRS has noticed the dominance of Scorpion in particular in some matchups.

Lets see what these changes will be and more importantly when they will come.... before EVO? Before CEO?

Thoughts?

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
A thread just for this? Well... I will say what I said in the other 2 threads. I guess if you whine and complain NRS will nerf it. I don't think Scorpion is broken with only 3-4 days to test him. Surprised he is getting nerf proposals before he is out for everyone. It took them awhile to nerf Deathstroke who didn't deserve it. Essentially I am a little annoyed how far bitching gets you... but at the same time I am happy casuals and scrubs are going to drop Scorpion and leave him for people who actually wanted the character.

MashBot

You're over matched.
Leave him as he is and lock him in rank match and make it so before joining a room you can play with dlc or not....

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Personally I really don't know how I feel about this. I tried to make the OP as unbiased as possible, but seriously I'm kind of pissed that they would even release Scorpion in his current state.

============================
*snip*
His vortex isn't his low and overhead mixup like alot of people think. That kind of vortex is super risky because it's negative.
His vortex is all revolving around his MB teleport jump in mixups and the fact that he could safety pressure at any given point for free. he could run away the whole match if he has one meter and there is nothing you could do about it because you cant jump and cant dash forward safely because of the fear of the MB teleport.
He could also anti air most characters on reaction with teleport from anywhere on the screen and if you stay still he could hellfire those characters.
Basic MB tele mixup:
Jump in 3
Jump in 3xxMB Teleport
Jump in, but immediatelly MB teleport
Crossup 3
Crossup 3xxMB teleport
Crossup but immediately MB teleport
or he could Jump3xx2up1(1 being overhead that is +4)
or Jump3xx2xxMB teleport because you have to block high.
You have to block high to avoid getting slammed by the jump in but if you are stand blocking you get slammed by MB teleport which is +9 on block.
Also his Jump3 is + on block too. He literally never has to take a risk and never has to play his opponent's game if he feels like being lame enough.
Also J3xxFlip kick is a good alternative without meter for MBteleport because it does 19% on hit and also leaves scorpion 100% safe and gains meter.
*snip*​
====================================
At the moment Scorpion in my eyes without a doubt is very OD....
But is this patch warranted with him being out for THREE DAYS.... that's a completely different story. If they were going to release him like this, announcing a patch 3 days later is just..... ugh.... frustrating.