What's new

Last Dance / Overall Impression of MK11 Beta

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Pretty good.

Still not a fan of free Fatal Blows, auto replenishing meters, the slow movement (which I hear will be fixed in the final version), floaty jumps and of course the awful "combo breaker" system.
I actually love all of those things.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Not when u have such a shit range on the backdash. They need to give them either longer range or invincible startup
I think they should just get rid of dashes altogether. Walk speed is fantastic and makes footsies and spacing so much more fun and satisfying.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
Before playing the game I really wanted buffed dash speeds. After playing it I can take it or leave it honestly. Actually half concerned dashes will ruin some of the neutral in this game, lol. Dashing to get in from far away is fine but I agree with one post earlier that it should be relatively unsafe and less useful up closer.

my oppinie about the beta from MK11

the game plays very well, but I do have some criticism ....
1) customade does not add to the gameplay, I find that totally superfluous, you have 3 variations per character that I think is more than enough!
2) the characters in the beta are certainly not in balance ... Kabal is super strong and fast, while the other characters are very slow
3) what the hell is fatal blow .... this destroys the whole game ... done with exciting games ... even if you stand and the other gives a fatal blow must stay in block all the time and become you limit your attack once, miss your block and miss your block and you've been there .... I understand you need something to fight back ... but that fatal blow is way too strong, more than 30% is too much of a good thing, this has to be much less, I hope they can correct this in the full version of the game

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
my oppinie about the beta from MK11

the game plays very well, but I do have some criticism ....
1) customade does not add to the gameplay, I find that totally superfluous, you have 3 variations per character that I think is more than enough!
2) the characters in the beta are certainly not in balance ... Kabal is super strong and fast, while the other characters are very slow
3) what the hell is fatal blow .... this destroys the whole game ... done with exciting games ... even if you stand and the other gives a fatal blow must stay in block all the time and become you limit your attack once, miss your block and miss your block and you've been there .... I understand you need something to fight back ... but that fatal blow is way too strong, more than 30% is too much of a good thing, this has to be much less, I hope they can correct this in the full version of the game
There will be more customazation slots this was beta.
I would say kabal has issues when the other fighter doesn’t wiff bad . I beat plenty of kabals . You have short window of the spin to do somthing his crushing blows aren’t as easy as Baraka’s or Jade’s.

Fatal blows are much improved versions of x rays you only get one a game if you land it . Fatal blows are very noticeable when they are going to happen

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
There will be more customazation slots this was beta.
I would say kabal has issues when the other fighter doesn’t wiff bad . I beat plenty of kabals . You have short window of the spin to do somthing his crushing blows aren’t as easy as Baraka’s or Jade’s.

Fatal blows are much improved versions of x rays you only get one a game if you land it . Fatal blows are very noticeable when they are going to happen
Are you serious bruh?
He has issues. If you don’t wiff badly hard for him to get in
Who's hidey are you? I don't remember any Kabal downplayers.

It felt a little too slow at times. I still haven't mastered the mechanics but I was hoping to see more string/combo utility.

I loathe the fatal blow system. I think they slow down the pace of the game and they aren't fun to watch over and over again.

Rizz091

Noob
When I went into the beta I didn't think I wanted custom variations for competitive play. After playing and seeing how it works, I'm all in for it. I think they are striking a nice balance and giving us a chance to be more creative.

Netcode was great, only had a few matches with higher pings that gave noticeable lag, but other than that, the best netcode I've ever played in.

Kabals voice and lines make me cringe, but it's no big deal, I just won't play him.

Music is a bit forgettable, and they can prob fix the mix on in game banter a little but otherwise great sites and sounds.

Honestly wasn't super interested in the characters available for the beta, so I can't wait to get my hands on the full game so I can play the characters I'm excited about.

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
When I went into the beta I didn't think I wanted custom variations for competitive play. After playing and seeing how it works, I'm all in for it. I think they are striking a nice balance and giving us a chance to be more creative.

Netcode was great, only had a few matches with higher pings that gave noticeable lag, but other than that, the best netcode I've ever played in.

Kabals voice and lines make me cringe, but it's no big deal, I just won't play him.

Music is a bit forgettable, and they can prob fix the mix on in game banter a little but otherwise great sites and sounds.

Honestly wasn't super interested in the characters available for the beta, so I can't wait to get my hands on the full game so I can play the characters I'm excited about.
Let me guess Johnny cage and Sonya cage and Cassie cage

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Watch Maxmillion YouTube video on it he explains it pretty well
I don't need to. Look at these requirements and tell me Jade's are easier to perform. You are either insane or blind, my friend :DOGE

Kabal-
B12D2- Whiff Punish (launches)
Bf2 Low grab- Hit opponent blocking high (additional damage)
F224- Punish (additional damage)
Bf1 Mb- Counter hit(additional damage)
Db4- Whiff punish (Launches)

Jade-
Df4 Shadow Kick- Hit 3 times in a row (additional damage)
124- Whiff the first hit but hit the next two (launches)
Df4 Parry- Hit on the last active frame (additional damage)
Pole vault- Hit from max range (additional damage)

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
I don't need to. Look at these requirements and tell me Jade's are easier to perform. You are either insane or blind, my friend :DOGE

Kabal-
B12D2- Whiff Punish (launches)
Bf2 Low grab- Hit opponent blocking high (additional damage)
F224- Punish (additional damage)
Bf1 Mb- Counter hit(additional damage)
Db4- Whiff punish (Launches)

Jade-
Df4 Shadow Kick- Hit 3 times in a row (additional damage)
124- Whiff the first hit but hit the next two (launches)
Df4 Parry- Hit on the last active frame (additional damage)
Pole vault- Hit from max range (additional damage)
124 happens all the time it’s rather easy one to get . I’ll give you the parry one and the rest

Rizz091

Noob
Let me guess Johnny cage and Sonya cage and Cassie cage
Lol my avatar makes Johnny obvious. Don't care for the rest of his family tho. I'm interested in Shao Khan, Noob, Sub, Kitana, Jax, and Lui Kang too. But Johnny prob gonna win out as the main.

124 happens all the time it’s rather easy one to get . I’ll give you the parry one and the rest
I think that the main point is that for people like Scorpion and Kabal, their Krushing Blow requirements work into their game play and you can enhance their combos with them. If you can punish someone with a combo, you can amp up that combo with the KBs. Jade's are just kind of gimmicky one-offs which don't work with anything.

You are going to punish people, so those requirements are useful and work with how the characters are designed to play. You aren't, however, going to intentionally whiff things and you aren't going to just spam shadow kicks, so you need to deliberately break out of Jade's game play in order to meet the requirements for them.

Different requirements such as her upwards projectile hitting someone who's on the ground or their blocking her first MB air projectile and hitting with the second would be enhancements you can get while playing Jade as she's supposed to be played.

Given the damage KBs do, characters which have ones that enhance their game play have an inherent advantage over those who have gimmicky KBs that do not. This breaks the balance of the game.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
I think that the main point is that for people like Scorpion and Kabal, their Krushing Blow requirements work into their game play and you can enhance their combos with them. If you can punish someone with a combo, you can amp up that combo with the KBs. Jade's are just kind of gimmicky one-offs which don't work with anything.

You are going to punish people, so those requirements are useful and work with how the characters are designed to play. You aren't, however, going to intentionally whiff things and you aren't going to just spam shadow kicks, so you need to deliberately break out of Jade's game play in order to meet the requirements for them.

Different requirements such as her upwards projectile hitting someone who's on the ground or their blocking her first MB air projectile and hitting with the second would be enhancements you can get while playing Jade as she's supposed to be played.

Given the damage KBs do, characters which have ones that enhance their game play have an inherent advantage over those who have gimmicky KBs that do not. This breaks the balance of the game.
let the game come out first, your hating way to much on the Fatal Blows, sure some should probably be tweaked if they control the match a bit too much.

But you also have to remember, the move is supposed to be a desperation move too, the other player having an advantage when they have access to it is kinda the point, giving the chance to turn things around.