What's new

Last Dance / Overall Impression of MK11 Beta

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
What was your overall impression of MK 11 beta ?
My overall impression
Graphic art 10/10 very well done as the graphic greatly improved from MK10
Audio Sounds/Voicelines. 8/10 loved the pre fight voice acting . I can’t wait for the story. I wish there was voice for winning.
Gameplay Design 10/10 very addicting game lots of combos to learn . Love the fatal blow mechanic . So many options and when use it
Customization 8/10 so far from what we got I love the design that they let pick . Getting pick special abilities is great . I can’t wait see full scale of it . Was not of fan some of secondary skins like kabals or jade .
Online (PS4) net code : the thing that will make or break how long the game will last , 8/10 overall I had very small issues with the net code and it ran pretty smooth on PS4 , I would love hear from Xbox user. Towers with no lag was easy to combos and inputs . Online was little bit more difficult. Overall it was improvement from MK10 and stress test .

Final Grade 8.5/10 overall great experience for a beta , wish there were more than 5 charcters. Pratice mode would be nice to. Can’t complain too much though . It was fun couple of days. The brutalities are excellent . Come on April 23!

Last edited:

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
The notion of custom variations is genius and the limited number of abilities you can have equipped at any given time makes it seem very balanced in practice.

Best looking fighting game ever.

Has a chance to have the best MK roster ever, or at the very least, right up there with any game you want to give me.

I'm a huge fan of the fatal blow mechanic.

Not much to complain about.

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
The notion of custom variations is genius and the limited number of abilities you can have equipped at any given time makes it seem very balanced in practice.

Best looking fighting game ever.

Has a chance to have the best MK roster ever, or at the very least, right up there with any game you want to give me.

I'm a huge fan of the fatal blow mechanic.

Not much to complain about.
I think roster so far is pretty good too

Kratilim

Noob
I'm loving every second of it. I love the pace of the fighting. It looks amazing. And it performs great online. The customization is great, can't wait to see everything. And unsurprisingly, I love all the characters. Can't wait for release!

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
For the BETA, and strictly the Beta and not MK11 as a whole (which, from my understanding, has been heavily updated with better dash speeds and what not), I give it a 7/10
Pros:
-Really fun game to play, feels a lot similarly to MK9 without the insane combo potential
-Each character's variations and customizable variations were unique and interesting, and I found myself playing more than just one variation per character unlike MKX
-The Graphical update is amazing

Cons:
-At times it feels slow and too much of a footsie poke game (not necessarily a con just not my favorite style)
-Some characters lack a lot of strings and/or variety in their moves (Skarlet has only a handful of strings and Jade doesn't have combo variety)
-The Meter System takes getting used to and it feels like the game almost has a snowball effect because wakeup isn't too good

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
I'm loving every second of it. I love the pace of the fighting. It looks amazing. And it performs great online. The customization is great, can't wait to see everything. And unsurprisingly, I love all the characters. Can't wait for release!
I wonder how much the krypt will let customize your charcters

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
It's the best MK game I've played to date. It's not perfect, there are indeed some things I'd like changed and tweaked, but overall I am very happy with this game. ♥

23 days left...

G11OST

Noob
What was your overall impression of MK 11 beta ?
My overall impression
Graphic art 10/10 very well done as the graphic greatly improved from MK10
Audio Sounds/Voicelines. 8/10 loved the pre fight voice acting . I can’t wait for the story. I wish there was voice for winning.
Gameplay Design 10/10 very addicting game lots of combos to learn . Love the fatal blow mechanic . So many options and when use it
Customization 8/10 so far from what we got I love the design that they let pick . Getting pick special abilities is great . I can’t wait see full scale of it . Was not of fan some of secondary skins like kabals or jade .
Online (PS4) net code : the thing that will make or break how long the game will last , 8/10 overall I had very small issues with the net code and it ran pretty smooth on PS4 , I would love hear from Xbox user. Towers with no lag was easy to combos and inputs . Online was little bit more difficult. Overall it was improvement from MK10 and stress test .

Final Grade 8.5/10 overall great experience for a beta , wish there were more than 5 charcters. Pratice mode would be nice to. Can’t complain too much though . It was fun couple of days. The brutalities are excellent . Come on August 23!
April homie

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Need to start by saying the game is amazing and has improved in every area. The music and facial animations in particular are leaps forward. This gameplay is my favorite nrs has made so far and I love Injustice 2.

Hoping to have customs for tournament

I would like when they talk ranked and stuff to add a sound cue for finding an opponent. The wait times are just long enough to let me get distracted. They're not too long, I'm just easily distracted. Personally I think fatal blows need to be tuned down a bit. That's the only system mechanic that's bugging me. I think breakaway is awesome, love the wakeups and rolls.

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
Need to start by saying the game is amazing and has improved in every area. The music and facial animations in particular are leaps forward. This gameplay is my favorite nrs has made so far and I love Injustice 2.

Hoping to have customs for tournament

I would like when they talk ranked and stuff to add a sound cue for finding an opponent. The wait times are just long enough to let me get distracted. They're not too long, I'm just easily distracted. Personally I think fatal blows need to be tuned down a bit. That's the only system mechanic that's bugging me. I think breakaway is awesome, love the wakeups and rolls.
I’m sure there will be custom games

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
I loved this one .... the pace is way better than MKX, resembling a bit the old MK9, but with more emphasis in the positioning footsie work, very enjoyable experience. It's a 9.5/10 .... will be 10/10 when they show up Milleena on it, rsrsrs :p
I don’t if Millenna will be In the game. Doubtful maybe as dlc

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Over all it’s ok, im having more fun then I did in injustice 2 (mk11 looks nice as well!) but it still feel like ij2 is in its dna moreso then mk..

But it’s alright...idk something feels off like it’s missing something..and I’m still 50/50 ( no pun intended) on the pacing of the game...and sound fx need a buff it doesn’t feel meaty enough at the moment (and this is the 2nd game in a row with NO freaky TOASTY....a staple of the series...)

Beta wise I agree with the 7/10 and I’m very curious as to how the community will go hand in hand with the longevity of the game since ppl “wanted mk9 back” etc.

EDIT: also some of the voice lines seem to need just a bit of work and it tightning..just a bit. And idk I have pretty decent internet and the net code has been dicy since the stress test for me...

Last edited: