What's new

Last Dance / Overall Impression of MK11 Beta

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Things that annoyed me:
  1. Running out of the corner not costing meter. If I get you in the corner, spend bar to get out, getting a run out for free is dumb when the roll and wake ups cost meter.
  2. Fatal Blows should cost meter
That's it, just two. I feel like having played the beta and stress test now I can't say that breakaways need nerfing at all. Can't wait to play the game on release.

let the game come out first, your hating way to much on the Fatal Blows, sure some should probably be tweaked if they control the match a bit too much.

But you also have to remember, the move is supposed to be a desperation move too, the other player having an advantage when they have access to it is kinda the point, giving the chance to turn things around.
That's for Fatal Blows. I was talking about Krushing Blows.

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
Things that annoyed me:
  1. Running out of the corner not costing meter. If I get you in the corner, spend bar to get out, getting a run out for free is dumb when the roll and wake ups cost meter.
That's it, just two. I feel like having played the beta and stress test now I can't say that breakaways need nerfing at all. Can't wait to play the game on release.
What about the teleport characters ? That have base teleport . You gotta keep it equal .

Last edited:

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Things that annoyed me:
what you mean running out of the corner? how? interactibles?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I didnt have a lot of time to play, but last night I was able to play a bit finally. I played only Scorpion with Misery Blade and Demon Dash. From my very first impressions of the game, I really love how smooth the movement is. Not too fast or slow, it’s perfect. I don’t like fatal blows in their current state. I do like the regenerating meter, a lot of times in past games when it got to the final round it usually meant the guy with less meter was about to get bamboozled. But now every round is intense and important. Huge fan of crushing blows, even in the short time I had, I would wait to use my F34 crushing blow in a combo for when I really needed to make up some ground or could go for the kill.

As for Scorpion as a character, I enjoyed using him a lot, Misery Blade is 100% necessary but luckily fun to use, whiff punishing with B14 and Demon Dash was really satisfying, as was catching jumps and stray buttons with Demon Dash. I could even see myself using him a bit when the full game launches, but Sub is definitely getting all my attention for the first few months or so.

Ravager

Tanya Loyalist, Cassie main in MK11.
Pretty fun, some positives and some negatives.

The Good:
-The game looks great (not one to care for visuals, don't see much difference between Injustice 2 and this, but it still looks just as good to me.)
-The roster archetypes feel pretty diverse instead of just having a bunch of zoning characters like Injustice 2 or rushdown characters like MKX. Hopefully the variety is there in the full game.
-No stats on the costume pieces is great. I hope it stays that way in the final game.
-Custom variations really do add a healthy amount of variety for the most part. More than I expected.
-The netcode is amazing. Matches were great whether I was playing against someone on a wired or wireless connection. Almost none of my matches were unplayable.

The Bad (some character specific stuff in here):
-I think Jade is too linear. I think some better mid screen combo options would help.
-The breakaway system is too rewarding to the one using the breakaway. If you get opened up, you shouldn't be able to punish your opponent for opening you up.
-I don't like the throw break system. Pressing a specific button for forward or back throw feels like a guessing game.

KRYS9984

Noob
Things that annoyed me:
I thought of this as well; fatal blow should require activation and cost both bars of offensive meter.

This added feature would please both groups that are divided on the subject:

- People who want it changed to one time use would appreciate it since if requires multiple resources and if missed or blocked, the opponent has no offensive meter for a period of time going forward.

- People who want fatal blows regenerating have their wish, however, now it is tied to another resource and should be used correctly / precisely.

Tying fatal blow to meter also reduces extended combos into a fatal blow ender (obviously scales but still a thing); if you have fatal blow activated and land a combo, you have to go for something small and let it rip. You can also save the fatal blow for a better moment and extending the combo at the cost of meter but if you choose to do so, you will have to wait for that expended bar to regenerate to use the fatal blow.

It also reduces the use of multiple amplified special attacks in neutral into fatal blow situations and opens up more neutral play depending on the meter. For example, if Kabal has fatal blow and not fully stocked on offensive meter, you can possibly zone him a little more freely and not worry about getting hit by his fatal blow like hundreds of people did during the Beta.

Last edited: