What's new

General/Other - Kung Lao Kung Lao Photos + Full Information from Finnish Gaming Magazine "Pelaaja"

dreemernj

Ambassador
Do people seriously play MK for the story?

That's like watching Friday the 13th for the story
The story added to the game overall. It gave a good reason for what you saw happening in the game and it fleshed out the characters and gave a storyline reason to like or dislike some of them.

Overall, I loved the story for MK2-UMK3. MK4 kind of took a turn, but I still liked it. After that, it seemed like they just wanted to keep living with the MK2-UMK3 story but they wanted to keep reinventing it, which is dumb. Just come up with new characters and a new story and move things forward that way.

MK1 story was great too, but they retconned that shit like instantly.

You can like the games without the story, but the story can also add something to the games. And for a few games, the story was very good.

EDIT: and Kung Lao being back? Ehh, I think at some point they need to have a solid break. By UMK3 it was already ridiculous how many characters didn't die. By this point it's just a joke.

Last edited:

ShaolinChuan

LEARN FROM THIS
Guys it looks like Kung Lao now has a braided pony tail! He might be sporting a Dairou style Manchu. I am so fucking cool with that... Remembers watching Once upon a time in China.

how did kl die again? lost to goro or shao khan?

on a side note, right now there seem to be a lot of critical voices but i bet youre all gonna wet your pants when you see him in motion.

Listen, I can't crawl through 11 pages but did anyone notice that the last image in the OP has a brand new environment?

Edit: Also i can safely say without seeing his gameplay yet, this is the character revealed so far I am MOST excited for to play....

Until reptile. Which will probably be DLC.

Last edited:

Dust

Iron Dragon
Do people seriously play MK for the story?

That's like watching Friday the 13th for the story
Mk does have one of the most interesting stories in a fighter. Do you Play MK just for the mechanics, the art style, or is it the community? I like all the above. I personally enjoy the lore and story behind the characters. It helps the character stick out more and have personality. And its one thing netherrealm does that goes way beyond the capcom competition.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
A Fast multi use teleport for Scorpion and now Old man Kung Lao reveal. Somewhere Perfect Legend is dancing...

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Just want to point out MK 9 wasn't a reboot, it was a retelling....Boon said this several times. Some things were changed, but a lot also stayed the same ie Liu Kang winning first and second MK tournaments for example, and MK 9/MK3 timeline ending the same fashion originally with Quan-Chi and Shinnok being the main threats for MK 4....

As for story, it's an interesting story especially for a video game. As for a fighting game, it's easily the best by far...not even comparison. Comparing MK's story mythos to other fighters in the genre is like comparing the Yankees success over the years to the Met's success. It's not even close...

JAP

Combo maker
Even Scorpion has a new Sub Zero to face off against. when you start the game you get to choose your own alliance from five different options: Lin Kuei, White Lotus, Brotherhood of Shadows, Special Force and Black Dragon.

Link Kuei: Sub Zero, Frost, Sektor, Smoke, Hidro, Oniro, Ice, Cyrax?

White Lotus: Kung Lao, Liu kang, Shujinko, Guy Lai, Wilson Tong

Brotherhood of Shadows: Quan Chi, Noob Saibot, Shinnok, Jataaka, Kia, Ashrah, Reiko, Sereena

Special force: Cassie Cage?, Jax, Sonya, Striker, Kenshi?, Gemini, Lance, Mikka Stone, Sylence, Torque, Vapor, Cyrax?

Black dragon: Kano, Jarek, Kabal, Kobra, Kira.

Others: Raiden, Scorpion, Baraka, Milena, Kitana, Johonny Cage, Sheeva, Blaze, Bo´rai Cho, Chamaleon, Ermac, Cyber Sub zero, Argus, Rain, Daegon, Dairou, Dark Kahn, Darrius, Drahmin, Fujin, Goro, Havik, Hotaru, Hsu Hao, Jade, Kai, Khamaleon, Kintaro, Li Mei, Mavado, Meat, Mokap, Moloch, Motaro, Nightwolf, Nitara, Onaga, Reptile, Shao Kahn, Sindel, Skarlet, Cyber smoke, Tania, Taven.

New boss: Shang Tsung?

New characters: D´Vorah, Kotal Kahn, Ferra Torr Any clan???

Hidro is the new sub zero? MORTAL KOMBAT BLOOD AND THUNDER 1

Last edited:

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Lol. All you dweebs going on about how dead characters can't come back in MORTAL KOMBAT can shut up now.

As for Kung Lao... meh. This game needs some vagina, stat.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Hat Trick will be the absolute funnest shit. Sounds like the Remote batarang of MKX.