What's new

Match-up Discussion Kung Lao Matchup Discussion Thread

thanks, gotta try it. Will the d1 hit if I perform it in the first possible frame or I have to wait until mileena starts falling from the sais?
its not that strict once she throws those sais, she will be in the air for a while you can d1 her while she is in the air.

its not that strict once she throws those sais, she will be in the air for a while you can d1 her while she is in the air.
I only managed to hit her when I crouch blocked both hits or when I blocked only the second while crouching but she didnt canceled into sais. Gotta test it more next time.

I only managed to hit her when I crouch blocked both hits or when I blocked only the second while crouching but she didnt canceled into sais. Gotta test it more next time.
I recall it being easier to punish if she does the sais, if she doesnt do the sais you can uppercut or even stand up and do 24 to punish it.

Actually I didnt :D, I only saw it after I posted mine. Then I got too lazy to edit it plus it would be a good information for the other users.

btw, I found out that when you block both hits of ex telekick while crouching you can stand up asap and the sais wont hit you, Im not sure but maybe the spin can hit her, and I think the ex spin will hit her for sure (if the startup is the same of the regular one, it will hit for sure).

Bleys

Noob
i think the exact opposite. check Mayos latest video. but other than that, ive played against kenshis on my level who can do nothing against KL. firstly theres the teleport to get past the zoning. then, up close KL is simply too fast for kenshi to fend off.
Oh, cool. He's got a new vid up? I have yet to play against any really experienced Kung Lao players, but the guy I play usually gets knocked out of the air by the downward slash (however, I don't do it on reaction, so it's probably more fluke than anything.), and I can usually armor my way out of up close pressure. But like I said, I have little to no experience with the actual matchup, so I'm glad that someone who runs him can give me some credible info on the matter.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
My KL Matchup Chart:

Kung Lao vs....

Scorpion: 6-4
Sub-Zero: 6.5-3.5
Reptile: 5-5
Ermac: 6-4
Noob: 6-4*
Smoke: 5.5-4.5
Rain: 6-4
Mileena: 5-5*
Kitana: 4-6*
Jade: 6-4
Skarlet: ???
Sektor: 5-5*
Cyrax: 6-4*
Cyber Sub-Zero: 5-5*
Kenshi: 6-4
Freddy: ???
Sindel: ???
Sonya : 4-6
Jax: 5-5
Cage: 4-6
Stryker: 6-4*
Liu Kang: 6-4
Kano: ???
Nightwolf: ???
Kabal: 5-5
Baraka: 7-3
Shang Tsung: ???
Quan Chi: 6-4*
Raiden: 5.5-4.5
Sheeva: 7-3

Stars imply that i am not fully confident in the specified numbers and outside opinion would be appreciated.

??? means that i have no clue. Either i dont own the character (Skarlet, Freddy), or i have absolutely no matchup experience versus these characters with Kung Lao.

Thoughts/opinions?

ETC Mcfly gdf UsedForGlue x5iVE_STAR PerfectMindGame A F0xy Grampa

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Thoughts/opinions?
I'd put Rain as a 5-5 because while KL can move around better, Rain always has the threat of armouring any time during KLs offense which usually works around being slightly negative or 0 on block.

Nightwolfs probably in KL favour too cause he's basically a big hitbox Jax who can hurt you a little more midscreen, its also easier for KL to punish Nightwolfs footsie mistakes than it is vice versa

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
: 4-6 Sonya
: 4-6 Kitana
: 4.5-5.5 Cage
: 4.5-5.5 Kabal
: 4.5-5.5 Mileena
: 5-5 Smoke
: 5-5 Jax
: 5-5 Freddy
: 5.5-4.5 Reptile
: 5.5-4.5 Ermac
: 5.5-4.5 Skarlet
: 5.5-4.5 Sektor
: 6-4 Scorpion
: 6-4 Sub-Zero
: 6-4 Noob
: 6-4 Rain
: 6-4 Jade
: 6-4 Cyrax
: 6-4 Cyber Sub-Zero
: 6-4 Kenshi
: 6-4 Sindel
: 6-4 Stryker
: 6-4 Liu Kang
: 6-4 Kano
: 6-4 Nightwolf
: 6-4 Baraka
: 6-4 Shang Tsung
: 6-4 Quan Chi
: 6-4 Raiden
: 7-3 Sheeva

SunnyD mines very similar to yours. a few changes imo.

My KL Matchup Chart:

Kung Lao vs....

Stars imply that i am not fully confident in the specified numbers and outside opinion would be appreciated.

??? means that i have no clue. Either i dont own the character (Skarlet, Freddy), or i have absolutely no matchup experience versus these characters with Kung Lao.

Thoughts/opinions?

Here is my opinion:

Scorpion: 5-5
Sub-Zero: 6-4
Ermac: 5-5
Smoke: 6-4
Rain: 5-5
Kitana: 4.5/5.5? probably 5-5
Cyrax: 5-5
Cyber Sub-Zero: dunno
Freddy: 5-5
Liu Kang: 5-5
Raiden: 6-4

this is how I feel right now, matchups like smoke and scorpion are different for me because I used to play these characters, I have an easier time against smoke so imo 6-4, he cant run away and his hitbox is pretty big. scorpion has a bigger damage output than lao, as a scorpion player I never had any particular problems with kung lao, I was pretty much a turtle scorpion and waited for the other player to do something and lao players often make the first move. and about raiden, the same reason why lao has an edge over smoke, lao also has an edge over raiden.

My KL Matchup Chart:

Kung Lao vs....

Thoughts/opinions?

I'm working on it .. but progress in view of my fights and the data edge experience are:

Scorpion 6-4
Kabal 5-4
Reptile 6-4
Cyrax 6-4
Cage 4-6
Kitana 4-6
Jax 5-5
Nightwolf 7-3
Freddy 6-4
Kano 7-3
Raiden 4-5
Sub-Zero 5-5
Noob 7-3
Milena 6-4
Sektor 6-4
Smoke 5-5
LiuKang 5-4
Sonya 4-6

with the other characters
I've never played vs

soon try to do something more complete ..