What's new

General/Other - Kung Lao Kung Lao General Discussion

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Me talking shit about his up saw frames paid off now we don't have to spend bar to convert. I can covert off anything now with buzz saw. Also is it me or 21 hardknock is different? Feels funny

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
B12 is great but it's a high and has no range I've been having so many issues against my friend doing b1 staggers all day with Flame fist. Not to mention ex teleport moves wiff all the damn time

Captain l2ed

White wolf
Use b12 as a punisher and it's 0 on block so it's safe but not a great stagger. And the whiff like a mutha but try hit confirming, do f23 hat spin f23 ex tele OH b321 spin. Don't forget lao has 7f poke now as well. Hat spin is even better now because of the overall loss of armor.

Frizen

Noob
Tempest is ridiculous now again. What i got so far:
1. B12 jails after d4 hits. (!!!)
2. Because of general armor nerfs, when u do for example f+2,hatspin, the gap in it is not that dangerous anymore. And even when opponent backdash his gaps before hatspin, kung lao still stays with hat around him.
3.Regular spin works great as aa.
4. f+3 in the corner puts u on block with +1 and kl stays so close that even 1,1 doesnt whiff on crouch blocking opponent. (use f3 with hatspin)
5. Thanks to change to air moves (hurtbox gets bigger 1 frame before hitbox appears) when u are standing with hatspin on, opponent is getting hit by it when trying to perform air move very often.
6. Ex teleport with hatspin is insane.
7. +8 after blocked hatspin is very good because of the armor nerfs.
8. b22~extele, 3,f21,spin works allowing tempest to combo after b22 for 1 bar (wasnt possible before)
9. He finally got decent fallowup after divekick. divekick,b12,spin works great, and allows for few % more because it launches higher.

Nothing broken, he is just really solid again WITH OPTIONS :)

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Is it weird that Lao can't do MB throw after a regular teleport considering someone like Pred got the same option. Not a thing he needs just wondering if anyone else has thought about that.

Captain l2ed

White wolf
Is it weird that Lao can't do MB throw after a regular teleport considering someone like Pred got the same option. Not a thing he needs just wondering if anyone else has thought about that.
I've always thought the same thing. He definitely doesn't need it. But as a long time lao loyalist, I'd love it.