What's new

General/Other - Kung Lao Kung Lao General Discussion

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
B
Feel like any characters with a far forward advancing string can oki Lao without any fear of the wakeup teleport since the tracking is bad
Bro I complained about this when Lao was hitting 42 meterless and got shitted on. Tracking is abysmal mb delayed doesn't track either. I also complained about delayed tele as to why it doesn't avoid at the time Cassie spc ops mb missile and now sektor mb missile.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
What's the recovery of just a regular EX teleport no move afterwards? So ex tp then drop
I never checked but with the fast advancing strings/normals I see nothing but a slim chance that You won't get hit. That is a really problem. That's why I think (may sound insane) we should focus more on meterless damage and hold onto breakers. That may depends on the opponent/character but that is still only few exceptions.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I never checked but with the fast advancing strings/normals I see nothing but a slim chance that You won't get hit. That is a really problem. That's why I think (may sound insane) we should focus more on meterless damage and hold onto breakers. That may depends on the opponent/character but that is still only few exceptions.
The reason I ask is use ex tp armor the hit and just use your tp to get away from them. I've had some success using csz ex slide to just quickly get away from my opponents as opposed to armoring the hit.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
The reason I ask is use ex tp armor the hit and just use your tp to get away from them. I've had some success using csz ex slide to just quickly get away from my opponents as opposed to armoring the hit.
I think he is landing on the other side to slow, that me be a problem..Cyber has decent recover after the slide and it's nothing like KLs teleport I am afraid.

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
Is there a gap in Laos b1, 2, 2+4 string? I'm in the lab with Kenshi set to armor reversal with spirit charge and he can armor through if you're up close, but if you're spaced correctly he can't. Even funnier is he can somehow punish the b1, 2 while you're up close. As soon as the 2 comes out he's already hitting you with armor.

Captain l2ed

White wolf
Is there a gap in Laos b1, 2, 2+4 string? I'm in the lab with Kenshi set to armor reversal with spirit charge and he can armor through if you're up close, but if you're spaced correctly he can't. Even funnier is he can somehow punish the b1, 2 while you're up close. As soon as the 2 comes out he's already hitting you with armor.
In a video by reo he said it doesn't have a gap. Maybe a character specific glitch?

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
In a video by reo he said it doesn't have a gap. Maybe a character specific glitch?
I'm not too sure. I'll test it with other characters but it's quite annoying. B1, 2 shouldn't be getting punished before the second part of the string is even coming out. I actually recorded Lao doing B1, 2 and was punishing it with Kenshi.

The spacing to trigger this is so weird, sometimes up close it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
Well, I tested it with Sub, Johnny, Kitana, and Shinnok. There's gotta be a bug because the full b1, 2, 2+4 string has a gap still on certain spacing and when I just do B1, 2 he get's armored on it as well. Like, I get punished for doing a string that is -4 when I shouldn't be. It's not 100% all the time but it's still an issue that should be looked at.

Edit: I can make a video if anyone doesn't believe me.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Something interesting you can do with Lao is if you use mb tele mb grab you can combo it flawlessly. However if you delay it slightly it'll reset the combo therefore we can use it as a kinda boot leg command grab for a bit more damage depending on the situation.

Banazama

Noob
Well, I tested it with Sub, Johnny, Kitana, and Shinnok. There's gotta be a bug because the full b1, 2, 2+4 string has a gap still on certain spacing and when I just do B1, 2 he get's armored on it as well. Like, I get punished for doing a string that is -4 when I shouldn't be. It's not 100% all the time but it's still an issue that should be looked at.

Edit: I can make a video if anyone doesn't believe me.
This is probably a result of how you can "meaty" attacks in the middle of blockstrings in this game. Note how the 2 in 1, 2, 2+4 is sort of this overhead slap. The active frames happen as the hand is coming down. If it hits early, you are essentially in recovery for longer than when the the attack hits later in the arc, which results in the move being more minus. I'm guessing the frame data lists the "meatier" numbers.

Last edited:

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Also since I no longer have the game. How is ex spin as far as priority? It's still a fast, advancing, whiff punishing, armor shredder on a read

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Also since I no longer have the game. How is ex spin as far as priority? It's still a fast, advancing, whiff punishing, armor shredder on a read
I don't do Yolo spins anymore since it has lost the armor, but still work as AA sometimes.

But sometimes you will find a poke in the way and beat your ex spin.