What's new

Kung Lao Discussion Thread

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
This might be a dumb question i apoligise in advance, but heres my question.
How do you do his sweeping leg move, b4 makes him do that double hit where second hit is a mid where he uses his hat, but how do you do his sweeping leg move thats a low and where he does this 360 sweep with his leg?

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
How do you do his sweeping leg move, b4 makes him do that double hit where second hit is a mid where he uses his hat, but how do you do his sweeping leg move thats a low and where he does this 360 sweep with his leg?
That's his b4 if the hat is off, like if Z-Hat or Orbiting Hat is out. You get a different d2 too that has a super high hitbox

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
I'm sure this is known, but any time you are canceling into EX spin mid combo as an extension (not as a launch, e.g. f13 EX spin) you can delay the EX until after the first hit, allowing it to connect thee times and netting more damage in the combo.

F4 sideswitch combo:

F4xxdf1, (micro dash) 121xxdf1, d1xxdf1 EX, f4 = 318.84

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
You have to be in the Lotus Fist Variation and have just done orbiting hat, you do b4 without your hat on.

Speaking of Lotus Fist... using it to turn unsafe strings safe, isn't that just F21 and F13? And while F21 has a lot of reach to it, is there any point to F13 (as a poke)? F4 has basically the same reach, is safe by itself, doesn't require amped spin after hit, does more damage - the only thing F13 seems to have going for it is you have more time to hit-confirm, and 10 frame start-up vs 14 frames. Using F13 just seems like it costs you half your meter whether you hit or it's blocked.

Last edited:

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Speaking of Lotus Fist... using it to turn unsafe strings safe, isn't that just F21 and F13? And while F21 has a lot of reach to it, is there any point to F13 (as a poke)? F4 has basically the same reach, is safe by itself, doesn't require amped spin after hit, does more damage - the only thing F13 seems to have going for it is you have more time to hit-confirm, and 10 frame start-up vs 14 frames. Using F13 just seems like it costs you half your meter whether you hit or it's blocked.
Like you mentioned its faster and u can make it safe in lotus fist and its hitconfirmable. In zhat you cant make f13 safe, cause f13u2 has gap.
You also have the mindgames canceling pokes or 12 in orbital hat and all those are hitconfirmable into +350dmg combos.
Same goes for f4 wich bnb is 430 dmg.

DeftMonk

Noob
Like you mentioned its faster and u can make it safe in lotus fist and its hitconfirmable. In zhat you cant make f13 safe, cause f13u2 has gap.
You also have the mindgames canceling pokes or 12 in orbital hat and all those are hitconfirmable into +350dmg combos.
Same goes for f4 wich bnb is 430 dmg.
aw shit. Didnt even think about this stuff.... is there a punishable gap in d1 orbiting hat? if not Im swapping.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
aw shit. Didnt even think about this stuff.... is there a punishable gap in d1 orbiting hat? if not Im swapping.
You can flawless block d1 orbital hat. But thats like one of the few u can flawless block, u cant flawless block f21 orbital hat, neither f1, f4, f13 or b23 orbital hat.

DeftMonk

Noob
bro i swapped back to cage for a few days just cuz d1 nutpunch rofl. BACK TO LAO IT IS! thanks hellbringer hahahaha. I went from z hat to orbital then dropped orbital because it was so meter intensive adn while orbital grants more dam per touch I usually actually get more damage with z hat for same meter since z hat gives you oki. But d1 orbital hat into 300+? yes please!

DeftMonk

Noob
F4DB1 F4mbDF1 microdash 21DF1 J3 D4
I used oribital hat for all my matches today. Was hella fun. Out of curiousity you always go for that bnb? I ended up doin same stuff I do in other variation to save meter for hatting up and tp or hatting after blocked strings/pokes. I feel naked with no meter lol.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
I used oribital hat for all my matches today. Was hella fun. Out of curiousity you always go for that bnb? I ended up doin same stuff I do in other variation to save meter for hatting up and tp or hatting after blocked strings/pokes. I feel naked with no meter lol.
Depends who i play against, in matchups where i need it to breakaway to avoid big damage i play more carefull with meter.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Ive been experimenting with using d3 on wakeup to make their u2/u3 whiff. Kinda like you can do with kabal with his d3. Seems to work well, same with his d4 but unfortunately his d4 has alof of recovery so you cant really use it to whiffpunish and combo.

Edit: here is an example:

Last edited:

Pygmy_Potato

BF4+FF+BLK
Ive been experimenting with using d3 on wakeup to make their u2/u3 whiff. Kinda like you can do with kabal with his d3. Seems to work well, same with his d4 but unfortunately his d4 has alof of recovery so you cant really use it to whiffpunish and combo.

Off the top of my head, I know this also works on Noob & Skarlet, timing is strict but you can whiff punish. Works with other enders as well. Believe the timing to dodge them off a back throw is one dash forward ever so slight pause and then d3.

Has anyone complied a list yet of the MUs this works in?

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus

Can that stop geras?