What's new

Kryptonite Council Episode 10: Locked n Loaded, Vortexes, $1000 MM proposals, Rico Joins in too!

Who Win WIll Youmacon This Week?

• P2W

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • General M2dave

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Perfect Legend

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Forever King

Votes: 26 28.9%
  • GGa 16 bit

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Newbiesauce

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • PimPimJIm

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 11 12.2%

• Total voters

NurzBenny

Old Member
^ TBF, both P2W's and Rico's stories are identical . . . P2W's story just has more meat/justification behind it.

It all sounds like alot of misplaced sensitivity. I was at SummerJam when P2W and Revolver had their characters respective coming out parties in like one of thee most hype matches of the entire weekend. The phrase "you guys" shouldn't elicit that much rage from grown men, especially from one who's proven to be alot more than the online scrub he dreads so much. The fanatiq/flash days are over. Tourney results and the obvious work everyone is doing with their characters and the game as a whole should be all the respect we need now.

NurzBenny

Old Member
Also chuckled at the Pig like epiphany moment when Rico essentially was like "would you rather win with your opponent being in the dark, or knowing that you were the better player"

It's an interesting point. It makes you wonder what exactly we go to tourneys to prove and how, what we're willing to do to get the results we want. Can't say I've never tried to put myself on a favorable side of a bracket before. But ideally, I don't think any of us REALLY want to win a tournament because we were the best "sneaky tech" owner, or master avoider. If you love a game, and you want to learn all you can about it, then you play match ups out, all of em. You grind, you go play and then you find out who reigns supreme.

Pig with the "gave PL the business after that" was choice lol

Good podcast as always guys.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
5 ft10s and 1 ft50, you're still playing 50 matches but you have lab time inbetween one to address any issues that are readily apparent. I feel that's the better option, since you never really "learn" until you take the time to reflect upon your losses imo.

But then I'm not here to argue, rather, I'm not here to start an argument.
But seriously who the hell is going to play ft10 with you then wait while you "lab it up" before you come back. That person, unless they are personal friends with you and can tolerate this shit, will move on to other people who want to play matches and not stop at 10.

Good synergy in the podcast crew. I like that you don't all share the same opinion, though I would find it interesting to hear some more discussion on divisive topics, or another reasonable person who has a differing viewpoint (like when you brought on Rico - do more of that).

P2W is a great addition as well. Best episode yet.

In my experience longer sets serve as lab time in and of themselves anyway. They also offer a unique opportunity to practice learning while "live". Which is hugely beneficial in a tournament setting.

Lab time has its value as well. But you should be able to test options, and find solutions to problems in sets. And the faster you can adapt in a set, the better you will do in a tournament setting.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
But seriously who the hell is going to play ft10 with you then wait while you "lab it up" before you come back. That person, unless they are personal friends with you and can tolerate this shit, will move on to other people who want to play matches and not stop at 10.
You must've missed the /discussion end.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Guys, I apologize about the MP3. I made it literally 1 minute after Pig uploaded and I guess it wasn't fully processed so it got cut off. I will be making it again and getting it to Pig asap.

AK Pig Of The Hut

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Good synergy in the podcast crew. I like that you don't all share the same opinion, though I would find it interesting to hear some more discussion on divisive topics, or another reasonable person who has a differing viewpoint (like when you brought on Rico - do more of that).

P2W is a great addition as well. Best episode yet.
Agreed!!!

Stop arguing with Doombawks, it goes nowhere
In his defense, both methods breed different results. ft10s and shorter sets force quicker adaptation. Longer sets allow exploration of MU posssibilities as single wins become less the focus. This rings true for me at least. Overall the best method involves a lot of games.

As far as offline/online it is a matter of options. If I had the same availability offline as I do online I would of course play offline, but playing online allows access to many more playstyles and options. I hate this but it is true, I despise playing Flash online. Still you can learn something and it is a powerful tool to have.

ZalliX

Noob
Definitely lost a lot of respect for Playing to Win's character. Its obvious he is super jealous of Rico. For someone who wants to "squash it" he was basically instigating. I see why Rico sketched by the top players from the MK Community. Holding petty feminine grudges, dodging matches because "they no longer need Black Adam experience." lol. I'd hang the fk up too.

Still entertaining, yet revealing Podcast.

there is a downside to very long sets when you try to learn a matchup. It would be more like you vs the other player rather than your character vs the other character. You will start to pick up habits of the other player and do random punishable stuff sometimes just to counter it. for example a lot of johnny cages used to do f4 into ex nutpunch just because they knew the other player would be poking out of the follow up, sure it works when youre playing casuals but you don't want to be doing that in a 2 out of 3 setting.

Another thing is a lot of people usually adapt to the player rather than the character and will do better just because they know the other player better. But there is obviously a problem if everytime you play a matchup and get blown up the first 5 matches before you go even. Sure at the end of the day you went back and forth with your opponent. The problem is if you think the matchup is winnable or that you know the matchup if you always lose the first few games, you will get blown up in tournament.

Pig Of The Hut

Definitely lost a lot of respect for Playing to Win's character. Its obvious he is super jealous of Rico. For someone who wants to "squash it" he was basically instigating. I see why Rico sketched by the top players from the MK Community. Holding petty feminine grudges, dodging matches because "they no longer need Black Adam experience." lol. I'd hang the fk up too.

Still entertaining, yet revealing Podcast.
So I should have kept playing cages in mk9 w kenshi ?

ZalliX

Noob
So I should have kept playing cages in mk9 w kenshi ?
Idk about MK9.

You said yourself, if someone hasn't played You or M2Dave they haven't played Zod. But you refuse to play people...And thats your prerogative if you do not want to play people, of course you can play whoever you want, Rico just believes its not right that you will take match up experience, but not help him become better at fighting Zod. And I understand your reasons on why you don't. But from Rico's perspective its a dick move. Especially, because he comes from the Capcom scene where they don't dodge matches, because they just wanna level up.

Pig Of The Hut

Idk about MK9.

You said yourself, if someone hasn't played You or M2Dave they haven't played Zod. But you refuse to play people...And thats your prerogative if you do not want to play people, of course you can play whoever you want, Rico just believes its not right that you will take match up experience, but not help him become better at fighting Zod. And I understand your reasons on why you don't. But from Rico's perspective its a dick move. Especially, because he comes from the Capcom scene where they don't dodge matches, because they just wanna level up.
I have a plan for NEc and the plan is to stick w the plan

Regardless playing Rico or not isn't a factor in it so I'm down

ZalliX

Noob
I have a plan for NEc and the plan is to stick w the plan

Regardless playing Rico or not isn't a factor in it so I'm down
And I'm salty that you wont play me either. But our connection would be probably suck since you're east coast, and I'm west. But I really want to see your Zod.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
1.) It's not RunAway Mafia...it's Runway (like a fashion show)
2.) I'm not known for my Catwoman because I rarely use her.

I'm more associated with Killer Frost and HawkGirl. ;)
Also RunWay Mafia I still believe that Superman vs Catwoman Mu is 5-5
Catwoman vs Aquaman 5-5. Also elc argue with me about if krayzie and 16bitt say aquaman is a bad matchup for catwoman what make you think it's a 5-5 matchup. Now that krayzie posted a video that aquaman and catwoman matchup is a 5-5 I don't see people flam him but flam me because they think I don't know what I'm talking about which make me pretty upset. So I told elc like it is. Im just better then krayzie and 16bit. Now that krayzie posted the match up video it seems to me that every body is not attacking him. Also elc is not the only one that disagree with me it's some one else that has a picture of nightwolf as his profile picture and others.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Also RunWay Mafia I still believe that Superman vs Catwoman Mu is 5-5
Catwoman vs Aquaman 5-5. Also elc argue with me about if krayzie and 16bitt say aquaman is a bad matchup for catwoman what make you think it's a 5-5 matchup. Now that krayzie posted a video that aquaman and catwoman matchup is a 5-5 I don't see people flam him but flam me because they think I don't know what I'm talking about which make me pretty upset. So I told elc like it is. Im just better then krayzie and 16bit. Now that krayzie posted the match up video it seems to me that every body is not attacking him. Also elc is not the only one that disagree with me it's some one else that has a picture of nightwolf as his profile picture and others.
AK Pig Of The Hut ....lol. see?

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Agreed!!!
Yeah I about had a heart attack when M2Dave became the voice of reason and civil discourse by playing mediator. Who would've known that when Dave shut off the troll switch he could be a rational individual?
Also, regarding the feedback about the AK Internet tournament entrant...that's a great idea for all of the reasons that Pig mentioned. Hope REO is alright but Playing2Win is a welcome addition.